• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

walkthroughs yea or nay??

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
just the above question, but do you prefer pictures or loadsa text in the walkthrough?

personally as im deaf i use walkthroughs for audio led parts of games if needed like lost woods in OoT...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I generally prefer pictures in a walkthrough or guide mostly due to the fact people aren't the best at describing and so dance around what the items location is "it's around the corner by the side of the statue of this thing" - "when going through area look behind specific statue" sums it up far easier, but nope people have to dance around it. Pisses me off when they do that, i'm looking for a walkthrough i.e a quick to the point guide not some idiot going on about their life's pros n cons and then explains the items location in a random way.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Video > picture > text for me.

Text can do some of the job, but you can have trouble translating the directions to what you do in the game, it's easy to get turned around and not be where you need to be. Pictures are a step up as they can more clearly illustrate where to go and what to do. Video is best, though, as sometimes seeing the movement done helps you understand what you need to do.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Most of the walkthroughs I use have more text than pictures, but if I'm lost in a dungeon, more specifically a FF dungeon, I would use the pictures of the map to find where I'm going.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I use guides if I am not trying to challenge myself. For parts of the game that just aren't fun for me at the moment, I'll use a guide for just that part. If I'm doing something like achievement hunting, there's no way I would do that blindly. If I'm solving puzzles, I definitely prefer not to use a guide unless I have to. I do prefer pictures in them because it helps me make sure I'm at the right spot.

To be technical, I usually try to beat the game without a guide, then I use a guide to mop up any collectibles I didn't find, or couldn't figure out afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom