• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Villains, Villains, Villains.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hi all, I know this thread is a bit early in the Zelda 3DS timeline, however I feel it is somewhat warranted. The Zelda series has had a myriad of villains throughout its 25 years ongoing, from the ambitious Ganon to the somewhat eccentric Ghirahim with many different shades in between. But since we have two Zelda games on the horizon, the 3DS entry and Wii U, I figured the two games would have different villains. While the entry for Wii U is a different subject, I think the latest Zelda installment for 3DS is ripe for discussion on potential villains, setups, etc.

Would you like to see another pawn system like the latest games in the series--Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword--have employed where there is a main villain lurking in the shadows and reveals itself during the game's climax?
Would you like the main villain to be someone unexpected (for example, a member of the Hyrule Royal Family itself and not necessarily one of the chancellors)?
Would you like for there to be TWO main villains who work against each other (for example, Ganondorf and perhaps Vaati)?
Would you like to see the villains take "death and destruction" to new heights?

Go go go! :)

Last edited:
Would you like to see another pawn system like the latest games in the series--Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword--have employed where there is a main villain lurking in the shadows and reveals itself during the game's climax?

Bugger the pawn villains, they're pathetic and a waste of my time, just give me a main villain that gets the job done by himself, OoT Ganondorf didn't need any help form a spineless retch like Demise and TP Gani did.

Would you like the main villain to be someone unexpected (for example, a member of the Hyrule Royal Family itself and not necessarily one of the chancellors)?

The only person i can think of them doing that to is King Daphnes (insert number here) and i don't want them to tarnish that name. I'd rather have someone from darker origins.

Would you like for there to be TWO main villains who work against each other (for example, Ganondorf and perhaps Vaati)?

It might make Link feel a little redundant if the two main villains were possibly going to kick each other's ***** unless they pulled a 'Fist Full of Dollars'-esque narrative, cant see that working in a Zelda game though.

Would you like to see the villains take "death and destruction" to new heights?

Yes! Yes YES! - Hyrule Apocalypse please!

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day

King Dahpnes has an illegitimate son who wants to take the crown for himself. Or, son that was somehow lost- kidnapped perhaps by something or someone, and grew up to become the greatest evil. Or maybe the son, after taking the throne, became a tyrant. Possibly even killing his own father to take the crown!

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I don't really want to see another pawn system with Z3DS. This has been used in three of the last four games and I think it's time for something else for now.

That seems like a good idea. I like it when there are plot twists like this. I feel this would add to the plot very well.

I'm not in much favor for this option. I'm not saying this would be bad, I'm just not entirely sure of how well this would work out. It could be good, still.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I would like to see another pawn system.

In my opinion, Veran is the best example of what a pawn should be. She was great at causing trouble, being involved, and manipulating people to get what she needed. Then there was the main villain of the game, Kotake and Koume (Twinrova), telling her what she needed to do and what their main goal was. Kotake and Koume were also involved a bit in the story but I would like to see the pawn and the main villain to both be equally involved in the plot of Zelda 3ds, instead of just the main villain sitting back and watching it all unfold.

Basically I think it would be perfect if there were two villains in Zelda 3ds, one a pawn and one the main villain. I would like to see them both be equally involved in the story and having at least two fights against the pawn and one against the main villain.

Let sleeping dogs lay and start fresh with new villains. Here is what I would do:

Have there be your main villain and a character who assists you along the way. Think: Sheik in OoT.

This character would guide you, help you grow and lead you on your travels.

In the end it would turn out that your trusted guide is actually using you for his own selfish gains. This is the 'evil vs. evil' idea, but without the main player realizing it until late in the story.

This could be really cheesy if done poorly, but really intriguing if done right.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I wouldn't mind seeing a manipulative female villain, one who perhaps pits Link against someone else to further her own goals before Link realises he's being played for a fool.

Or maybe even having Zelda herself be the villain this time. Who says only the Triforce of Power can be wielded by someone who is evil?

Maybe something like in World War 2, where Hitler worked with Stalin. I think...it's been awhile since I was in a history class.

Just as a side, Hitler didn't work with Stalin, they signed a treaty promising not to attack each other and then Hitler broke it and attacked Russia (that Hitler, the more I hear about him the less I like him). However, the idea of two powerful villains working together could prove for a very formidable obstacle for Link to overcome so I wouldn't be against seeing something like that in future.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I wouldn't mind seeing a manipulative female villain, one who perhaps pits Link against someone else to further her own goals before Link realises he's being played for a fool.

Just as a side, Hitler didn't work with Stalin, they signed a treaty promising not to attack each other and then Hitler broke it and attacked Russia (that Hitler, the more I hear about him the less I like him). However, the idea of two powerful villains working together could prove for a very formidable obstacle for Link to overcome so I wouldn't be against seeing something like that in future.
Female villain? Yes please!

And yeah...been awhile since I learned about world war 2.

I want a new villain alone or with 3, pawns each one representing a part of the triforce. But i still want to see Vaati in 3d, he never has been in 3d before.

What TheRizardon suggests is a great idea, however, I'm not too keen on seeing pawn villains. If Nintendo did so, I'd like for the company to follow the template set by Ghirahim, an intelligent lesser antagonist, or create an elaborate power pyramid as in the Oracle duo. There could be several smaller foes who team up to wreak havoc as a big bad ensemble for the penultimate fight. This conjures the idea presented in DuelMark's recent thread about henchmen for the primary villain. I'd love to see Ganondorf return regardless of whether in Zelda 3DS or Wii U and it'd be an interesting twist to see the demon employ stronger representatives of the various enemy races as overworld bosses.

Deep down in my heart I desire nothing short of a single baddie with no strings attached. Ganondorf from Ocarina of Time and Vaati from The Minish Cap resonated with me as a player due to their versatility and constant appearances which counterbalanced the lack of plot twists. Nintendo has toyed around with cake layering excessively in recent installments. A single adversary has greater potential for development as the narrative focuses on defeating this goon. Ganondorf's back story in Ocarina of Time, for example, is very well fleshed out through the Great Deku Tree, Rauru, and the witches Twinrova.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom