• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 550!

When you acquire a new Zelda-game, do you use the walkthroughs here on ZD?

• Yes! From start to finish!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From time to time, when I get stuck

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Walkthroughs? This site has walkthroughs?

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: Which is the best Death Mountain?

Third Place: Death Mountain from OoT (15.4%)
Second Place: Death Mountain from TP (23.1%)
First Place: Death Mountain from BotW (53.8%)

The big winner is the biggest, most explorable Death Mountain! The one from BotW! More than half you you prefered it over the others

RETRO POLL! In late october of 2014, we had the 124th VWSP! In that poll I asked you about this site itself! Do you use the ZD guides when you're playing a Zelda-game for the first time? Back then, most people said they very rarely do it on their first playthrough, as they want to beat it without help. But it does happen occationally.
Other than myself, the other people who voted and are still around on the forums were @mαrkαsscoρ, @Mamono101, @AncientPoe & @DekuNut . Do we still work the same way, or do we use the guides more? And what do you new people do?

This week's question: When you acquire a new Zelda-game, do you use the walkthroughs here on ZD?

Yes! From start to finish!
From time to time, when I get stuck
Rarely
No
Walkthroughs? This site has walkthroughs?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
For my 100% run on BOTW I’ve been using the interactive map just to keep track of everything I’ve done. I only really look up guides if I’ve been stuck on something for more than 10 minutes because I don’t have time for that ****.

Only when I don't know where I'm supposed to go. For example, I haven't played Zelda 1 enough to remember where all the dungeons are, so I'll always shamelessly have ZD on standby when I'm playing.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Damn, that’s a throwback! I still try really hard not to use a walkthrough on my first time through a game. I am a lot more lenient with myself now. If I get really stuck and I can’t figure something out within 15-20mins (and I’m only talking small things, not like full temples or divine beasts) I will look it up because I don’t have a lot of time to dedicate to everything these days and I need to be efficient to maximise time I can spend progressing.

The only time I ever look up something is if I have reason to believe the game itself has glitched and something isn't working right. The last time that happened was Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, the game had not glitched and it was just abysmal quest design that dun me in.

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
Only when I get stuck and I feel like I can't figure something out myself. I'll admit that I had to look up a TP walkthrough quite often, and I'm only in the second half of the Lakebed Temple. ^^"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom