• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 540!

Do you give Link a nickname, or let him be named Link?

• Always a nickname! Always the same nickname!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Always a nickname! Different nicknames!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Sometimes a nickname! Sometimes Link!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Always Link the first time! Then either Link or nickname!

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Always Link!

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Last week's Question: What is your favorite version of Link to play in Smash Bros?

Third Place: Young Link (Melee) (13.3%)
Second Place: Link (Brawl) (20.0%)
First Place: Young Link (Ultimate) (33.3%)

The big winner overall is just Young Link in general! And poor Links from SSB Wii U/3DS... Only ones to get 0 votes...

RETRO POLL! In september of 2014, we had the 119th VWSP! That poll asked the question whether you give Link a nickname or not when playing Zelda-games. A majority of the voters back then said they usually just go with the name Link, but there were a few who tended to go with different names.
Other than myself, the other people who voted and are still around on the forums were @Terminus , @Mellow Ezlo , @mαrkαsscoρ, @the8thark and @Stitch. Have we changed our ways since? And what about the new people, what do you do?

This week's question: Do you give Link a nickname, or let him be named Link?

Always a nickname! Always the same nickname!
Always a nickname! Different nicknames!
Sometimes a nickname! Sometimes Link!
Always Link the first time! Then either Link or nickname!
Always Link!

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I never cared to use Link because of the whole self-insert deal with how Link is meant to be. Started using my own name as a kid and kept the habit for several years. Ended up switching to other nicknames later on.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I used to name him Plinko, in fact the name comes from me trying to find a name that sounded similar to link.

Now I just name him Link, unless I’m playing a randomizer in which I will go with the tried and true method of “make random noises with your mouth until something vaguely sounding like a word comes out.”

Normally I let him be named Link or my name so that way me and my sister both don't get mixed up with each others files when we take turns playing.

One time a friend said to name Link "come on" and I named him that. It's funny whenever I saw "come on" being mentioned I had to figure out if my name was being called out or if it was the characters telling Link to "come on".

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I pretty much always name him Link. When it comes to other games, I tend to rename characters a lot (when my dad and I played ffvii we named the playable characters Emgo, Ms Pacman, Daisy, Agent J, Mascot, Stay Puft, and Anakin. Guess whose who lol). When it comes to Zelda games though I just enjoy being Link more. He's enough of a self insert as he is.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I always go with Link first. Why? Because it's the characters real name, and I tend to prefer using that for my first playthrough.
After that, it's sometimes a nickname, and sometimes just Link again. It depends on what I feel like

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I remember giving him my irl name the first time in skyward sword and for the next games, I didn't care much and I went on with Link

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
well in terms of fanfics i do known the Linked Universe associated nicknames, but for the actual games it is always Link for me, anything else just doesn't feel right

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom