• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll 100!!!

Which Zelda-Game would you recommend to a person (who is new to zelda) to start with?

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AoL

• ALttP

• LA

• OOT

• MM

• OoS

• OoA

• TWW

• FS

• FSA

• MC

• TP

• PH

• ST

• SS

• ALBW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
(Imagine the Boss Clear music from TWW playing)

Hello there fellow Zeldadungeoneers! It's finally here, the one-hundredth VikzeLink's Weekly Sunday Poll!!!!!! :D
This means I've been doing this for a little more than 2 years now... Woah! Has it really been that long? Apparently it has, but I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon, this is just one of many large milestones!

As we've reached 100 polls, I've decided to update the poll a little bit. As you can see below, I now show the top 3 results from the last poll, instead of only the winner. I'm also gonna try to have a discussion part in the questions from now on, so that we might see some more replies and stuff like that.

Last but not least, in honor of this occasion, I've started a Let's Play of Link's Awakening on my Youtube-Channel. Part 1-2 is up right now and part 3 is coming up tomorrow. Here is a link to the first episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otNsIWpG33o

I really hope you will do me the honor and watch it ;), but now, let's get to the poll question!

Last week's winners:

Third Place: OOT has the best ending (15.00%)
Second Place: Tie between ALBW and TP for best ending (20.00% each)
First Place: TWW has the best ending (35.00%)

This week's question: If you were to recommend a Zelda-Game to a person that doesn't know anything about the series, which game would you recommend him/her to start with and why?

LoZ
AoL
ALttP
LA
OOT
MM
OoS
OoA
TWW
FS
FSA
MC
TP
PH
ST
SS
ALBW

I'd recommend starting with TP: it's good, it may get him interested, but it's not the best so it doesn't set his expectations too high. More importantly I'd make sure to mention which ones to avoid.

inb4 100TH POLL declarations

I've told the story man times how I have a friend that is primarily a mainstream FPS player that I convinced to give TP a try. There's no possible way his first Zelda would have been something like WW, or even Oot and MM because of how dated they are. He bought TP for the Wii really cheap, played through it, and said he had a good time with it. I don't know if he'll ever play another one, but it proved to me at least on some level that TP acts as a good stepping stone for a good category of today's gaming audience.

MW7

This would definitely depend on the person, but in general I think OoT, TWW, and ALBW are easily accessible and good examples of the series. Each of these has had a recent release or re-release so graphics should not turn off the new player. My top pick would be TWW because it is very easy and has a terrific sense of adventure. I've played TWW over and over on the Gamecube, but the Wii U version seems to be the definitive version now.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
OoT or TP. I'd argue OoT is slightly better for a newcomer, but it is dated, which might bother some people.

Salem

SICK
Dunno, perhaps TP or OoT for those who prefer 3D games, maybe WW if I know that person doesn't mind the sailing.

As for 2D, alttp but I think ALBW might be better for newcomers. Although I argue that given the right circumstances, the original NES Zelda might be the best introduction to the series.

Wait, hold on a sec, I made a thread of the same topic as this!! :O

I say LA. It is solid and easy to play through while being fun. DX still looks great and the game is very easy to get a hold of. The game also gives a good introduction to common game mechanics that makes it easy to progress to any other game in the series, new or old. As a plus it has a quick start, and not hand guided forced linearity. And well the german translation is funny if thats applicable. If someone just cares about graphics, I guess I'd say gc tp but thats kinda expensive. still $30 or more. on the other hand its kinda slow.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm surprised so many people are saying TWW...honestly, that feels like one of the last choices for a first Zelda title to me. It's one of the most unique titles in the series. I mean, a newcomer shouldn't play it and expect it to reflect on what the rest of the series will be like.

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
Depends on the person really. I'd have to say TWW because if someone likes TWW he must love all of the games. Dunnow why, but I just think so.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Minish Cap. It's relatively easy compared to other 2D Zelda titles. Plus, it has a great soundtrack, great visuals, you almost always know where to go next, and it has a good amount of the typical Zelda staples we tend to see in the game.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Hands down, ALttP. Open world, different dimensions, and a decent but not unbearable challenge, it doesn't need to hold your hand like some other Zeldas tend to do, but its not overly cryptic or as confusing as the originals. Its the perfect blend of awesome :)

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
Probably OoT, it had the best of everything in my opinion, it was also my introduction to the franchise and I was hooked instantly.

Salem

SICK
I'm surprised so many people are saying TWW...honestly, that feels like one of the last choices for a first Zelda title to me. It's one of the most unique titles in the series. I mean, a newcomer shouldn't play it and expect it to reflect on what the rest of the series will be like.
Which is why I said "if they don't mind the sailing".;)

Pandanation

Panda Link
I want to say TP but the main goal can sometimes be confusing but SS is a good intro into the series since it's relatively straight forward and easy not to get too side tracked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom