• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Using Guides

C

clopzat

Hey what's everybody's opinion about guide usage to complete zelda games? I personly are not sure and am conflicted between both sides. P.S this is my first thread yay:D

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Using guides is perfectly fine to complete a Zelda game, and it is not cheating. The only problem is that is could ruin the fun of the game, but other than, there's nothing wrong.

I always end up using a guide to complete the game, but I like to play through the first time by myself. Sometimes I get stuck on certain puzzles and need a clue, and of course I don't have the patience to hunt down all of everything (like the Skulltulas in OoT), so guides are my friend.

I don't like using guides. I like using my head. But the only time I use a guide is after I defeated the game atleast 3 times. That way I know I did not spoil anything and I am just increasing my knowledge. :3

I use guides for Zelda on the rare occasion when I'm stuck and have no idea what to do whatsoever. I don't think it's a good idea to keep playing when you're frustrated and don't know what to do since video games are... well... games. You should have fun with them. :P

If you need to use a guide after being stuck to have fun, that's fine. I'll use them to find that last secret I'm missing or to pass a puzzle I've been doing for 10-20 minutes straight, etc. Other than that, I don't use them at all. I like a challenge and almost always work through it. :)

too lazy to think sometimes on a dungeon/puzzle so I'll look it up. But Majora's Mask e-o I'm really having a tough time with this game for some reason so I've just been using a guide for it.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I sometimes use guides to complete the game, then when I feel like going back and replaying them I won't use a guide (note: using future tense. I've never beaten a Zelda game more than once so far.) I won't use guides all the time because I love the feeling of satisfaction you get when you figure out a puzzle.

Phlegm

Bake me a pie!
The problem is that if I use a guide once, I can't stop using it. Because of that I just don't like guides. I enjoy earning 100% on a game by myself. I have gotten a OoT, MM, TWW, and a PH 100% by myself. :cool:

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Personally, I don't like to use guides, only because I like to try to beat the game for myself first. Although I'd have to say that using a guide for MM was quite mandatory for myself. I tried to beat the game once before without a guide, and I couldn't get past the Snowhead Temple. Too many sidequests that I had no idea existed and were needed to beat the game.

Anyways, in general, guides should be totally fine to use. They are for 'guiding' per se. :)

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I use guides when I'm really stuck on something, because a lot of times it's something stupid I'm stuck on. For example, when I was in the Lakebed Temple in TP, I was in the room where you get the first key, and I could not figure out how to get it to save my life, so I had to look at the guide. Of course, it was as simple as shooting down the stone pillars from the ceiling with the bomb-arrows and I felt like a complete idiot :lol:

Most of the time, though, I try not to use a guide, because I find it more fun without it, and it makes me feel like I accomplished something.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I don't use guides or walkthroughs unless I'm stuck, I probably wouldn't have many games if I didn't use a guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom