• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

User Profile Now Customizable!

Austin

Austin
If you've visit yours or someone's user profile you'll notice that they got a blend background color. However, that is changeable, along with other things. This thread will teach you how to customize your profile!

1) A top of the forums click the "My Profile" link.
--Once you're there you should see your profile with Visitor Messages.

2) Click the new "Customize My Profile" link.
customprofile1.jpg

--You should see a bunch of options, and I'll go through each section at a time.

3) Edit your Profile!
--General
customprofile2.jpg

--Font Family and Text size will control the text you see around your profile. This will modify the text in your tabs, on the right side panel, and if someone leaves a visitor message using default text.
--Title Text color edits the color of "## Visitor Messages"
--Page Background is the color/image of your profile's background.
--Page Link color edits the color of "View Your Conversation with UserName".

--Buttons
customprofile3.jpg

--These Settings effect the buttons you see on your profile ("Post Message", "Go Advance", "Customize Your Profile", etc).
--The titles of these are pretty self explanatory. They edit Text Color, Background, and Border

--Modules
customprofile4.jpg

--This controls the looks of the active (or clicked tab).
--Module Text Color controls the text color inside the tab.
--Module Link Color controls the color of links inside the tab. (This isn't really used so editing it won't change anything).
--Module Background controls the background color of the tab.
--Module Border controls the border around it.

--Content
customprofile5.jpg

--This is a big one. This controls the effects of all the boxes on your profile. Visitor Messages, Left Navigation, Profile Info, etc.
--Content Text Color is the color of the regular text on your profile.
--Content Link Color is the color of links on your profile.
--Content Background is the color/image of the background of all those boxes.
--Content Border is the color of the border surrounding the boxes.

--Inactive Modules
customprofile6.jpg

----This controls the looks of the non-active tabs.
--Inactive Module Text Color controls the text color inside the tabs.
--Inactive Module Link Color controls the color of links inside the tabs. (This isn't really used so editing it won't change anything).
--Inactive Module Background controls the background color of the tabs.
--Inactive Module Border controls the border around it.

--Headers
customprofile7.jpg

--This controls the looks of the different "header areas". For example: text area for VM's, the box for each visitor message author, various headers in profile info.
--Images of effected areas.

--Header Text Color controls the text color inside these boxes.
--Header Link Color controls the color of links inside these boxes.
--Header Background controls the background color of the boxes.
--HeaderBorder controls the border around the boxes.

4)Click the Green Save Button

customprofile8.jpg

5)Problems? Questions?
--Ask all questions and problems here. This will allow for members with new or same questions look through already answered questions. This saves me the time of having to answer each one individually. Also, it allows for other members to help and answer questions.

Zarom

The King
This new feature is incredibly awesome. My profile is now absolutely amazing. Thanks!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
The forum seems very glitchy for me since the upgrade.

That button to customize your profile doesn't work for me, though I know it works for others.

Also, random sections of the site are showing up in white and gray all of a sudden. Specifically "Tags for this thread," "Posting Permissions," and that little toolbar that says "Thread Tools, "Search Thread," and "Rate This Thread."

I even upgraded Firefox to make sure it wasn't my browser. I may need to clear my cache, or try it on a different computer...

Austin

Austin
The forum seems very glitchy for me since the upgrade.

That button to customize your profile doesn't work for me, though I know it works for others.

Also, random sections of the site are showing up in white and gray all of a sudden. Specifically "Tags for this thread," "Posting Permissions," and that little toolbar that says "Thread Tools, "Search Thread," and "Rate This Thread."

I even upgraded Firefox to make sure it wasn't my browser. I may need to clear my cache, or try it on a different computer...

Can you please take screen shots and post them here? I can't really help unless I can see what you're seeing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Austin

Austin
No inconvenience at all, CD. :)

Here are your screenshots. View attachment 7981View attachment 7982

The reputation being listed as only the word "reputation" has been wrong for a while, and I was already told that it was normal by a mod.

You're using v18 dungeon theme. I'm going to remove those older themes because they haven't supported in a really long time. Everything works fine with v19. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
You're using v18 dungeon theme. I'm going to remove those older themes because they haven't supported in a really long time. Everything works fine with v19. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I was afraid of that. :(

I kind of thought it was the fact that I wasn't using v19, and preferred the older theme. I was just hoping I was wrong, and that wasn't the reason it didn't work.

Austin

Austin
I was afraid of that. :(

I kind of thought it was the fact that I wasn't using v19, and preferred the older theme. I was just hoping I was wrong, and that wasn't the reason it didn't work.

Even with v19 and FireFox, it still doesn't work? More screenshots possible..

Austin

Austin
It DOES work with v19. I'm sorry, my wording was kind of ambiguous.

I was just saying I was sad it didn't work with v18. I had suspected v18 being unsupported was the reason for the malfunction, but I didn't want to believe it.

I'll give it a few weeks, and start looking for new themes for the forums. With the latest version, there was a lot changed with the styling and templates of the forums. I even had to do work with v19, and I haven't had time to look at V18, which I have a bad feeling. It hasn't been updated in a long time and has a lot wrong with it. Therefore, I may consider removing it as an option. Again, I'm sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom