• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Useing Our MII As the Main Charictor

link was described as a way to "link" the plays to the LOZ series, they did this by allowing us to choose his name and no voice acting, But what if we also had the option to use our customizable MIIs instead? of course we will have our classic green tunic and clothing and what not but i think it would be fun if we can import our MIIs into the game and play as them. this Idea could also be used for the 3Ds along with the WII U. so what do you think about this idea?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Well, I personally hate Miis and think they're really creepy looking and avoid games that use them so you probably shouldn't ask me. And I love Link so much that I'd be overwhelmingly sad if he was taken out.

Buuut... I think that'd be a good idea for a multiplayer, like in ST/PH.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The only way the Miis wouldn't't look hilariously out-of-place is if the entire art style of the game was designed to match the Mii or if they altered the general design of the Mii to match the game.

If they adapted the game around the Mii then the art style would be fairly cartoonish and simplistic, a direction I do not want Nintendo to take for their first HD Zelda game. If they adapt the Mii around the game then the Mii is just gonna be freaky looking, like they are in that golf game on 3DS I forgot the name of.

In general, I think using the Miis should be kept to multiplayer stuff like Nintendo Land and the New Super Mario games and such like that.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
No. Just no.

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I would NEVER want to see this in a Zelda game. As Heroine said, it would be alright in multiplayer, like with Battle Quest, but not in the true Zelda game.

Miis are just dorky looking and honestly can be very freaky. If I was to play the game with a Mii, it would be with one that I created to look like Link. Even then, the game would kind of be ruined if your character was running around with a giant head and his/her hands floating in mid-air.

I just can't see this happening, and never want to. Customising Link is not a bad idea, but not in the art style of a Mii. That would just ruin the game for me.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Mii's have a completely different art style than I think Zelda will ever have, so if they include Mii's they will look terribly out of place and seem like a joke. Although your core idea of having someone that resembles us is brilliant, so I think it would be a much smarter move of Nintendo to just give us a character creation tool so we can customize Link at the start of the game.

It's very unlikely that you will be able to play as your Mii, they're more for competitive games than Single adventure games. The best we could see are cameos of our Miis on posters etc. in the main game similar to how Mario Kart Wii did it, but that's it. If there was a Multiplayer mode, then why not allow the use of Miis? I'd be fine with that as long as they keep them away from the main game.

And for the record, the artstyle isn't really a con for having Miis in Zelda. Zelda 3D could easily have the same artstyle as Miis if Nintendo wanted to. Either way there are other reasons for against Miis being in Zelda, but artstyle isn't really a strong enough reason for against the idea.

Last edited:
If the Satelleview Ancient Stone Tablets was in some way re-released, then by all means, use the Mii's. It would just make sense. Otherwise, no.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
No. I don't think that would work, as stated above it would be really out of place as far as the art style, (unless of course the artsyle was mii style which would result in a fan revolt) also I think a lot of people would be upset, maybe they could add it in as a player's choice between Link and Mii but I personally don't think it's a good idea.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Great idea for Zelda spin off titles but I think it's a really bad idea for the actual Zelda series...

Even though Link does act as the sort of 'link' as you said, for me and many Zelda fans we have come to really like Link as the silent Hero! Link is always seen as the shy adolescent kid who turns into the epic hero who saves Hyrule. With playing with our Mii it will take away from the experience completely, plus the fact that most Mii's I make look ******** haha.

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Well, Nintendo will never do this... at least I highly doubt they will. I don't want to see Miis go into a Zelda game... although I would love to see a Mii-themed RPG or action-adventure game... but it should be its own little thing.

Deeds

no text
Mii's are so badly done in my opinion. I think Nintendo's creative director(s) or whatever, could've thought of something a lot cooler than the dull avatar that the Mii is. So, because of that, I wouldn't want them in a zelda game. Mii's have nothing to do with the game, and un-like most nintendo games - Zelda keeps to itself, and subtly (if never) mentions any other games or Nintendo products. I want it to stay that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom