• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Useing Our MII As the Main Charictor

humm..I dint know the WII U has a face recognition feature, that could be a better way of makeing link more like you plus the ability to tweak it. kinda like how the face raiders game on the 3DS captures your face only better.

Ever tried using the gamepad to make a Mii off a picture of your face? They could use a similar system but more refined and of course, non-Mii-ish. :)

Add on my other idea to use the mic. at the beginning of the game to set Link's voice and you have a truly personal Link.

i dont have a WII U..i just played with one at wallmart..and if Nintendo does use the mic for links voice..that would blow my mind..even though we can also read it out loud

Last edited:

Deeds

no text
On the discussion of taking a picture of yourself and your features being implemented onto 'Link's head, kind of diminishes the fact that Link is a seperate being from the actual player of the game. This is a game guys. I'd be more open to the idea if Link was, even a little bit, customizable in previous games - but the truth is, he isn't. I'd prefer it to stay that way.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I guess it could be cool, though I prefer Links natural look myself. By that I mean even in Ocarina of Time when you need the blue/red suit on I just leave the green suit on, so I wouldn't even try using my mii character as Link; I don't even look like Link. I'm sure some people would like it, but I really see no need in it.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I personally really like Link's usual look. I know he's supposed to be a sort of 'link' between the player, but I've come to see him as a character. It wouldn't feel like a Zelda game if I wasn't playing as him... but that's just me

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
That's an interesting idea, though I'd rather just play as Link. Like others have mentioned, the art style of a Mii is different, which I don't think would work very well in an actual Zelda game. Also, I already feel a sort of connection between myself, the player, and Link. I don't believe that by using Mii characters, that connection or "link" will become any stronger.

On the discussion of taking a picture of yourself and your features being implemented onto 'Link's head, kind of diminishes the fact that Link is a seperate being from the actual player of the game. This is a game guys. I'd be more open to the idea if Link was, even a little bit, customizable in previous games - but the truth is, he isn't. I'd prefer it to stay that way.

I lpreferLink as he is too, but if they are gonna make him customisable, why not go all out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom