• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Update 1.4.0

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
HW will be updated on the same day as the TP pack releases to accommodate amiibo and a few other changes:

• raise max level
  • raise max held materials (i.e. past 99 of each material)
  • new potions in the apothecary
  • one new medal
  • amiibo support

I hope the new potions improve super-rare materials drop rate. And maybe experience gain now that 99 isn't the max level. I wonder what the new max will be? It might have to be removed from 100% requirements...

source

I wonder what the new level cap will be too. And I hope we don't need a 100+ level character to do the TP adventure map. Buying levels past 100 could be pretty expensive.
The more materials will be nice when we want to actually buy potions.

I'm still waiting to be able to pay to destroy affixes on weapons so I can use those slots for better affixes.

Level 150 network Link stages anyone? Should be stupidly hard and only the same 50K rupees reward. The Level 100+ ones will become all we get. I only get Lv99 ones now.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Here's the prompt I got after updating:

wnbiek.png

Three new mixtures:

kirldf.png

tcbfaa.png

fjjaob.png

Six new medals:

phuxxo.png

gsewox.png

it also appears that they've made it so that enemies can drop multiple materials and weapons at once. I've had officers and commanders drop items and weapons, even got two Robes from Wizzro at once.

Ah so the patch is live now. Nice. I'll DL it later. I'm too worried about Phil Hughes and my destroyed city at the moment to play HW.

Krazy4Krash - Thanks for the spoiler tags. You're a champ.

I have bought all 3 of the new Twilight Princess DLC potions (to test them out) and here is my opinions on each one and if I think they are worth buying or not. I know there is in game descriptions of each one but the description does not say everything these potions are capable of.
All 3 of them are pretty expensive in materials needed so they are best only used when you really need them.

Item Power-Up Potion
This potion makes all of your items (the bow, bombs etc etc) powered up from the start of the battle. It's like you have every single item power up that you can collect for every weapon and it lasts for the entire battle. Not the greatest of things to have as I don't find myself using the items all that much. But there is one major exception. When you need to kill a lot of hordes fast (like the get 1000 KO's in 10 minute stages) this shines because you can spam the powered up bomb all stage long. Also works great if you need to capture a lot of keeps as the fat bomb will get a lot of horde collateral kills. Also this potion and spamming the fat bombs could be a viable tactic to get an A Rank on the "do not get hit" stages. Just spam the potion on your mission objectives and you're good to go. The downside here is if you mess up it get an unlucky hit you will not get A Rank and a wasted potion. Certainly not a needed potion for most stages. But the there are a few that this potion shines on.

In the 1st adventure map, the 1000KOs in 10 minute stage, I did it with Agitha and this potion and just spammed bombs. I just scraped in on the damage quota for the A rank. Those Imprisoned were up my *** all stage. But for time wise, I did it in 7:35. Don't need A Rank for the heart piece there so I got the heart piece.

And lastly if a stage says "no item use in this stage", forget about this potion

Guard Breaker
In my opinion the best potion in the game. Using this potion makes your attacks break the enemy's guard so you can keep attacking. Breaking their guard does not even break/stop your combo. You do not have to dodge to their backside, just hit their face over and over with your spamable combo and watch their guard break constantly and their health go down fast. So you can just pick your weak attack combo (or any other easily repeatable combo) and beat the captains and enemy heroes in record time. If a stage is slightly too hard for you and the enemy captains and enemy heroes are taking too long to beat to get the A Rank, this is the potion for you. Yes this potion is really that good.

SP Replenishing
This potion slowly replenishes your special attack (X attack) meter. And it does this relatively slowly. That's it. It's nothing a SP meter pick up in battle or the silver/gold special attack meter badge already does and does better. My advice, do not buy this potion. Buy every other one first if you are going for the "buy all potions" achievement. And only buy this last if you need it for the achievement. Also the above two potions are much better for taking out the enemies. Just buy the the one of the above 2 above potions you need, if a stage is too hard for you. That is my advice. Avoid this potion like the plague.

I have a question about potions that would be nice if everyone knew.
If you use a potion in a level and you fail the mission, and choose to retry the mission without going back to the map screen or character select screen, do you keep the bought potion effect or is the bought potion effect used up and now gone?

Also here are the Twilight Princess adventure map unlockable alt costumes. Someone on another forum shared them and I thought I'd pass on the information for those who want to know.

Link
zCUkOs1.jpg

Zelda
tOZiiFM.jpg

Gannon
2PmGKBm.jpg

Sheik
OJ0WEpO.jpg

Impa
oClR4aS.jpg

Darunia
61rKpr0.jpg

Ruto
sfUugys.jpg

Zant
tBtffoY.jpg

Agitha
w16F1c8.jpg

Fi
GpufEy7.jpg

Lana
eGqq4wd.jpg

Cia
kwnLQQk.jpg

Wizro
zlCfzSsgtLgWjklXn0

Ghirahim
tumblr_nfp4zhoylM1tqe6rzo1_1280.jpg

Midna
zlCfzSsezpwUFZozPy

Volga
zlCfzSsg0IwqlmgyI7

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
it also appears that they've made it so that enemies can drop multiple materials and weapons at once. I've had officers and commanders drop items and weapons, even got two Robes from Wizzro at once.

Yup. That only happens in the Twilight map though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom