• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Underrated Zelda Songs

Like the title says, which zelda songs do you think don't get as famous as they should or are great songs that just slip under the radar? here are mine:

zelda's theme (Alttp, but i'm talking about the OoT version)
title theme (AoL)
overworld theme (AoL)
great palace (AoL)

H

handheldgamer14

Zelda's Theme from ALttP(aka zelda's lullaby from OoT) is decently rated. Everyone knows it, and if I am correct, it has been on all of the console games since ALttP, and on all of the Handheld games since MC.
The AoL music is underrated because it is mainly unknown. Who do you know who bought it when it was out for NES or when it was made for GBA? I know I got it used for the GBA, but other than that, few have actually played it.

I don't know if anyone recognizes the ending music from ALttP. I think that it is underrated, since nobody really cares about the awesome classics anymore, but it is by far one of the best tracks of the game.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I agree with the Great Palace theme. That was among my favorite NES game tracks.

LoZ's dungeon theme should get a mention too. It set the mood & atmosphere perfectly.

The theme song you hear in the castle courtyard! I love that music. (When youre getting past the guards)

The Temple of Droplets them in Minish Cap. Also the Minish Cap theme songs, (The ones directly related to the game, i think its specifically Ezlo's theme.

Pen

The game is on!
I love most of the songs in the Zelda series!! Though, I for one, think that all of them are underrated by the majority of the people on earth. :(

But underrated songs by Zelda players would probably be some of the themes from Twilight Princess, such as Hyrule Field (day), Kakariko Village, Hidden Village and some of the Boss battles.

squadala

I don't like you either
Kokiri Forest, Goron City, and Zoras domain could all use much more attention.

D

Darth Usurper

Gnarled Root Dungeon (OoS)

Underrated Dungeon track.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I would say mostly the sailing theme from the WW, Hyrule Field from OoT, and Zora's Domain from OoT and TP. They all sounded beautiful; I especially liked the strings in the Zora's Domain.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
Trendy Game music (Link's Awakening)
Shop music (Link's Awakening)
Key Cavern (Link's Awakening)

I cannot wait for the game to hit the 3DS's VC, some time after March. For 8-bit music it's ruddy good listening.

Moving on...

Pirate Ship music (Wind Waker)
Phantom Ganon (Wind Waker)
Forest Temple (Ocarina of Time)
Dark World Mountain theme, Bunny Link (Link to the Past)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
OK, obviously the most underrated songs are those which you get to hear very rarely and are very good however:
- I also have to say Zelda's theme from aLttP, because you get to hear it only once and only for a short time, that's why many people don't know that the 2nd part of the song as heard in OoT was already there in aLttP because when you get the crystals, only the first part of the song plays and repeats. IMO they should have played the full song when you rescue Zelda from Turtle Rock.
- Ending themes in general, especially those of aLttP and MM.
- Another song that is rarely noticed plays in TP when you go back to Ordon Village at a certain point in the game, when the children are captured. It's often missed because you don't have to go back to the village at that point (it's actually quite a detour). Note that when you go there as a wolf to get the sword and shield, it's nighttime and another song plays.
- Yeah, I also have to agree with the Phantom Ganon music from WW, I like how they remixed music from all previous Ganon battles in there (LoZ (when you enter the room), aLttP, OoT), I think it's better than the actual Gnaon battle music

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I think the Goron City music from OoT should be recognized more often. I also really wish the Death Mountain theme from Tp is one of the best songs in the game and I hope it gets more recognized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom