• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess- missed wolf stone

When going through death mountain I somehow skipped the wolf stone. I didn’t realize it until I was following the walkthrough and the next wolf stone skill was one behind the walkthrough. I tried going back and transforming to the wolf but I still can’t activate it. Some are saying once you miss one and activate the next you can’t go back and other things I’m seeing are saying you can go back. What do I do??

Attachments

• IMG_6053.jpeg
    IMG_6053.jpeg
    175.6 KB · Views: 2
You should be able to go back, the game doesn't keep track of what order you do them in, only which ones have been activated. How far are you along in the game? And how many hidden skills do you have? Also, the Death Mountain Howling Stone is almost unmissible, you'd have to be blind or using your senses, and staying away from the middle of the path intentionally to miss it. Chances are you already got it without realizing it. This howling stone gives you the Golden Wolf at Ordon Spring, FYI. Howling Stones aren't linked to individual hidden skills themselves. You can use any of the Howling Stones, and you always get the next one in the list. The stones only linked to the Golden Wolf locations.

Last edited:
You should be able to go back, the game doesn't keep track of what order you do them in, only which ones have been activated. How far are you along in the game? And how many hidden skills do you have? Also, the Death Mountain Howling Stone is almost unmissible, you'd have to be blind or using your senses, and staying away from the middle of the path intentionally to miss it. Chances are you already got it without realizing it. This howling stone gives you the Golden Wolf at Ordon Spring, FYI. Howling Stones aren't linked to individual hidden skills themselves. You can use any of the Howling Stones, and you always get the next one in the list. The stones only linked to the Golden Wolf locations.
Is there any way to tell which ones have been activated? I don’t remember this one and I know I missed one somewhere. I just got the master sword and I’m at that long drawn out cave in lake hylia right now.

Is there any way to tell which ones have been activated? I don’t remember this one and I know I missed one somewhere. I just got the master sword and I’m at that long drawn out cave in lake hylia right now.
That long drown out cave is optional, but since you just got the Master Sword. You should have Ending Blow, Shield Bash, Back Slash, and you should have the fourth Howling Stone available to grab with your current equipment somewhere out in the game world.

That long drown out cave is optional, but since you just got the Master Sword. You should have Ending Blow, Shield Bash, Back Slash, and you should have the fourth Howling Stone available to grab with your current equipment somewhere out in the game world.
So now I’m wondering if the walkthrough was screwed up because the one I went to for the back slash, the walkthrough said it was the helmsplitter.

I may have to delete the game and try downloading it again. Things are getting weird… I’m stuck in perpetual night apparently now. Went to do the malo mart bridge thing and it’s been nighttime for over half an hour of real time.

Helm Splitter should be the fourth one you get, not the third. I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Sorry, I just read the second part of your comment, I'm pretty sure you can't get any of the howling stones in Midna's Desperate Hour. That perpetual night is actually part of the game's story. Also, time doesn't pass when you're in a town, cave, or dungeon. Because of this, I've had it happen where my game didn't change today for 30 minutes, due to me traveling to place to place quickly. That's probably what's happened to you, it's not worth deleting your save file over this.

Last edited:
Helm Splitter should be the fourth one you get, not the third. I could be wrong about that, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. Sorry, I just read the second part of your comment, I'm pretty sure you can't get any of the howling stones in Midna's Desperate Hour. That perpetual night is actually part of the game's story. Also, time doesn't pass when you're in a town, cave, or dungeon. Because of this, I've had it happen where my game didn't change today for 30 minutes, due to me traveling to place to place quickly. That's probably what's happened to you, it's not worth deleting your save file over this.
Yeah helm splitter is the fourth skill, I’m just confused it I should have it or not where I am at in the game. Starting to wonder if the walkthrough screwed up that part. As for night, yeah I googled it after standing in the village for over an hour and time not changing. I NEVER noticed that before. D’oh!

Yeah helm splitter is the fourth skill, I’m just confused it I should have it or not where I am at in the game. Starting to wonder if the walkthrough screwed up that part. As for night, yeah I googled it after standing in the village for over an hour and time not changing. I NEVER noticed that before. D’oh!
Yeah, you're good. Time not passing unless you're in an open field was a carryover from Ocarina of Time. I could be wrong, but I believe there's a howling stone near the fishing hole, that is only other one you should be able to be accessed before you get the Master Sword. If not, there's one in Lake Hylia as well that one can only be gotten after you get the Master Sword. I could be wrong though. The next Golden Wolf location should be on your way to Arbiter's Grounds in Gerudo Desert. My memories a little foggy, but I'm believe my information is correct.

Last edited:
Yeah, you're good. Time not passing unless you're in an open field was a carryover from Ocarina of Time. I could be wrong, but I believe there's a howling stone near the fishing hole, that is only other one you should be able to be accessed before you get the Master Sword. If not, there's one in Lake Hylia as well that one can only be gotten after you get the Master Sword. I could be wrong though. The next Golden Wolf location should be on your way to Arbiter's Grounds in Gerudo Desert. My memories a little foggy, but I'm believe my information is correct.
I definitely missed one because I’m at the one in the desert and it’s saying I should be learning the mortal draw and I’m not. I’ll go back and search around.

That actually makes sense. I think there's one within the Sacred Grove. You have to activate it while Skull Kid is attacking you, but you can't go back there until after Snow Peak Ruins. I totally forgot about that one. Don't sweat it if you forgot about that one, you can return there later, after the next two dungeons are complete.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
You can always return to the stones to activate them. I once only activated the first one and did the rest when I already finished the game (one of my many replays back in those days). Everytime you activate a stone a mark will appear on your map where to find the wolf and learn a new skill.
There is also a stone in hidden village. You have to jump through a window to get there

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom