• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess LIES!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
... about the true nature of farm work.

You go to the goat field in Ordon and there's not a single pile of cocoa puffs. Epona never seems to bestow her "blessings" upon the ranch or around Link's house where she spends time tethered, either. Most dissapointing.

I broke out my watercolor pencils and Rapidiograph pens today and drew Link engaged in a realistic farming task (or just a realistic horse owner task).

link_farmwork.jpg

Though a comedic picture, please don't take this as an insult on TP Link. This was inspired by my own job. I work at a horse ranch part time. I do this very thing to pay for my groceries - to be able to eat. Like many people with dirty jobs, I take enormous pride in my work. As far as I'm concerned, Link does, too.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I just commented on this piece over on dA, but I'll say again that I really like how the coloring and inking style reminds me a lot of children's books, and it's definitely a style I've always liked. Poor Link. X>

Nye Pendragon

derparific
IT'S TRUE. D: I worked at a horse farm a couple years ago and I was ALWAYS cleaning up after the horses.
Bad TP for making me think horses are clean. |D;

... anyway. Really neat piece! I like how soft the coloring is~

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
That picture accurately captures Link's clothing, and gives interesting ideas of what the farm animals and their byproducts might look like. I wish the goat wasn't obscured by Link's body, though.

I don't think it was meant to be a lie, so much as they were cleaning it up a bit. There are parents out there who might get upset of the depiction of animal fecal matter in video games, especially if the character touches it.

That said, you don't even need a horse to have such problems. I live with some people (family) who have a badly trained dog. It poops everywhere (even on my own bed twice), baby gates are being used to keep it in the kitchen area so it doesn't go all over the house, and people are always having to clean up after it.

I was against them getting a dog in the first place, and have done nothing but complain about it since they got it, which is why I never clean up after it. I made them promise me that I would bear no responsibility for what it did if they got it. I'm glad I did. :)

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I know the game didn't *really* lie. I just used that headline to get attention. It's a joke. I don't think anyone wants to play a Zelda game where they have Link riding along and Epona raises her tail. It's kind of like human bathrooms in the game - we're treated to Toilet Hand Guy in Majora's Mask and OoX, but otherwise...

There was a thread somewhere here on this, I think in Mysteries of Zelda. Axel the Beast suggested chamber pots, which... gives a whole new meaning to smashing pots and finding things..!!!

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yes, that is very true, good point well made. They need to make Zelda Wii more realistic. As for the picture. Good job! I can't draw like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom