• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Twilight Princess: Gamecube or Wii

Jetaluski7

Master Swordsman
Thanks for your opinions. I think I might get the Wii version because my GC controller isn't working right.

I got the wii version on the launch of the wii, i haven't played the gc version yet but planning on buying it in the future. The whole "Link is supposed to be left handed" thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Gamecube all the way.

Now that Skyward Sword is out, I always think how much better TP could have been with SS's controls and similar combat style in that the way you swing your sword really matters. If TP had these elements, it would be the closest thing to the perfect Zelda game that I think we've seen yet. But unfortunately, I don't think a game like TP will ever be remade, out of all 5 3D Zelda games, it seems to be the least "classic" in most Zelda fans minds. For me it's absolutely stunning and it really pulls you into a different world moreso than the other games, but I guess it didn't do that for a lot of people.

For now, the GC version's the way to go.

LinkandZelda<3

Knight Academy Student(:
gamecube. the controls are much easier to use and they were alot more familiar, bot to mention that in the wii game they are mirrored. i like my link left handed. <3

After playing with motion it's hard to go back to buttons only. Even if it's not 1:1 in twilight princess, the motion feels great. I wish Nintendo wouldn't have been so lazy and just mirrored link instead of the whole world. Better yet, they should give you left/right hand option (something they should have done in SS as well)

Last edited:

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I actually LOVE the wii version. But I guess it's based on preference. Not one or the other is better or worse than one another. I got the GC version first before I had a Wii and honestly got bored, until I got the Wii version.

it's literally the same game minus mirrored world and lazy/corny motion controls

and you can also control the camera in the GC version which helps a lot

How are the controls corny?

What do you mean by "more stuff"? If I recall, they both have the same content sans a mirrored world and different controls.

simply shaking the wii mote for link to swing his sword was corny. the aiming was nice but nothing major because the gamecube aiming is is the same stuff.

I'm one for the traditional controls, so I'm going to go with the GC version. The Wii's controls were sometimes inresponsive as well, at least for me.

I've only played the GCN version...the ORIGINAL version. :cool: So obviously I would prefer that one. I've heard that the motion controls in the Wii version aren't that great... However, I think I would like to play the Wii version as well (eventually). It could be a second quest of sorts, since flipping the entire game can really cause some serious confusions and make it seem like a whole new game. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom