• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Trying to get into metal...

yozo67

Hero of Time
Glad you like them! They're remarkably consistent--out of 8 albums, I can't even think of 10 songs I dislike. Great stuff.
Yeah, I'm usually a pop-punk/metalcore type of guy, but I love discovering new bands and genre/sub-genres I like!

Good thread
Metallica
Night Wish
W.A.S.P
Dio
Alice in Chains (yes I know they're classified as grunge but they've always had a more metal sound)
Scorpions
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Dokken
Judas Priest
Megadeth
Tool

Last edited:

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'm tryin to come up with ones that probably haven't been said, don't do a lot of screaming, and have "more musical" music as opposed to raging guitars playing the same note over and over again.

Iron Maiden - They've been said many times already but they're just amazing.
Avenged Sevenfold - They don't do screaming at all and have really nice guitar solos that are cleaner than many other guitar solos in modern metal.
System of a Down - Some of their stuff is not very melodic and is that whole repetitive heavy guitar stuff but some of their stuff is really interesting.
Breaking Benjamin - They're not as metal as most of the other bands I listed but their stuff is more melodic.
Queensrӱche - They sound somewhat similar to Iron Maiden.
Nonpoint - They're one of my favorites.
Deftones - Their music is very mellow.
Disturbed - Most of their songs are so similar it becomes repetitive but he sings more than he screams.
Skindred - They're just very fun to listen to because of their lead singer's accent and their fusion of metal and stuff like dubstep and reggae.
Babymetal - They're music is a fusion of heavy metal and j-pop so there's no screaming and it's just interesting to listen to them.
Black Veil Brides - They're melodic.

Spacefiller

waiting for life to start
I'm not a "metal" guy, but I do like some of the musical exploration done by some metal bands.

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Wintersun
Mehuggah
Ion Dissonance
D.R.I.

I would also recommend the PROBOT album if you might like a dose of Dave Grohl with your metal.

And...it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention Metallica's first four studio albums.
Kill Em All
Ride the Lightning
Master of Puppets
And Justice For All
Modern metal owes SO MUCH to those albums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom