• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Trouble Communicating: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
So you're scumreading me because I interrupted a plan that could hurt town from escalating? Not sure if I follow.
1610991151538.png

If I were scum I'd just stay quiet and see how many would fall for it before pointing it out as a scummy plan, right?
I’m not suspecting you for criticizing the plan, but for suspecting Kreaal for it based on dubious reasoning. And not necessarily, because I think it’d probably be more beneficial to call it out early for town cred rather than just hope it works on maybe one or two people, especially since you had already suspected Kreaal and were already posting when you noticed it, which would make it difficult for you to just ignore it. I could see both plays, though. As far as simply calling it out goes, I do think it would be even easier for those who did it later, like SMS and Johnny. In any case, I think it’s fairly likely that that there’s scum between you three.

Something that I've noticed this game a bit more than normal is who has the guilty until proven innocent mindset and who has the innocent until proven scum mindset. It's really interesting to see how people latch on to different things.

I’m not suspecting you for criticizing the plan, but for suspecting Kreaal for it based on dubious reasoning. And not necessarily, because I think it’d probably be more beneficial to call it out early for town cred rather than just hope it works on maybe one or two people, especially since you had already suspected Kreaal and were already posting when you noticed it, which would make it difficult for you to just ignore it. I could see both plays, though. As far as simply calling it out goes, I do think it would be even easier for those who did it later, like SMS and Johnny. In any case, I think it’s fairly likely that that there’s scum between you three.
Well in their defence, Moe and Minish also commented on how it was scummy.

Kirino

Tatakae
Well in their defence, Moe and Minish also commented on how it was scummy.
I don’t really suspect Minish because her reasoning was different and made more sense, and while Moe disagreed with you, I don’t believe he suspected you for it.
Something that I've noticed this game a bit more than normal is who has the guilty until proven innocent mindset and who has the innocent until proven scum mindset. It's really interesting to see how people latch on to different things.
Out of curiosity, who did you have in mind as falling into each category?
SMS is probably town lol
What about that post makes you think so?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Oh my god, thank you for the ping Ex. I did not realize this started AT ALL.

10 pages day one within a day? Seems about right.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
You don't wanna vibe with me Moe?

Kinda funny you asking someone to explain why they're not feeling something on someone. Haha. But it's moreso that he didn't immediately start off that way. Last game right away I was like yeah Ex is scum. This time I didn't feel that immediately and he did make a good point to Kreaal's idea. It's not *big* scum vibes. But it's probably like slight town read. I need panicked Ex and not calm Ex to tell. Because calm Ex is typically scum Ex.
So then is ex response to the meme wagon towny in your eyes

Mikey the Moblin

no **** this

I refuse this as policy on sites I go to, I'm not doing it for any other players and I'll be pissed if you do it to me. If you want to make a case it has to stand on its own merits.

This is correct.

I think ex having a strong reaction to a 3 vote rvs wagon is weird
I think the points ex makes are good w/r/t the setup but I do generally acknowledge that making good early set-up posts instead of proactively breaking RVS is scum indicative (also I am a huge hypocrite and talk setup a lot regardless of alignment)

Moe's confusion seems genuine and I like it.

Kreaal's hyperness reads derptown to me rather than scummy

I do think Ex getting 3 (eventually 4) votes off the bat is weird and I think makes more sense in a world where we have Scum!Ex for a couple reasons:
1) imo scum tend to rvs vote partners more often than would happen by truly random chance, because they're focused on them
2) once he gets an RVS vote or two it can potentially look awkward if ScumEx flips first and you started his rvs counterwagon
this also means in the event of an Ex scumflip i'd wager there is min 1 scum in morbid/rubik/moe/kirino

in the event I'm wrong and he's town I dislike the 3rd and 4th spot people on it (moe, kirino) because a silly-ish bandwagon RVS vote is a pretty safe place to park rvs vote to minimize the usual back and forth interaction you get from whoever you RVS.

would probably vote there but I think that puts him at like... L-2 which is too spicy for me this early in the phase when half the game isn't here yet
I think we're in a similar spot looking at this game and that's a good look

Mikey the Moblin

See, I want to trust More this time. I like his play do far, but this feels like a slap in the face. Moe said there'd potentially be coaching and leading questions. Wtf is this then?
That's a fair concern but I'm trying to dig as much content out of kirino as I can because I felt like part of the reason I read them wrong last game was my more hands-off approach to the game
What you need to look for when deciding the difference is the intent behind the question and how easy it is to answer
I dont think forcing kirino to look past a single response to me is very easy for them to do

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
@ExLight Is more detailed posts at eod really something I do? I've never been conscious of my posting content before really
Not really more detailed posts, more like the way you place your votes rather than that.

Am I supposed to be rolling in the floor crying for mercy? lol
I’m town and I want to work with town umu

Mikey the Moblin

I don’t town read anyone for calling out Kreaal on his idea because it’s such an easy and obvious thing to do, and perfectly sensible for scum to use it for town points.

I also dislike Ex’s suspicion that Kreaal made his suggestion as some kind of mafia plan. Any remotely decent scum would realize that such a proposal would almost certainly backfire, because if they could deduce the obvious benefits for scum, then of course others in the thread would as well, and suspect them for it. It seems like he’s using dubious reasoning to shoot for an easy target here, and his attempt to go after Kreaal for not providing meta seems potentially similar. So I’m inclined to scum read him, and I think there’s likely at least one scum among those suspecting Kreaal overall. By contrast, the reasoning behind Minish’s suspicion makes a lot more sense to me, and I’m inclined to town read her for it.

As for Kreaal, I think I’m town leaning him. His mistakes and lack of caution seem like reckless town behavior, and as I said, I doubt he would propose such a plan as scum, unless he hadn’t thought it through, as Minish said. I’m also inclined to town read his tunneling of Moe, although if there were anyone strong enough to justify tunneling as scum, it’d be him.

Are you sure about this lol
These are the kind of posts that I've begun to associate with town kirino
Going in depth on seemingly small points and analyzing them fully
I swear you had like 0 posts like this last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom