• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Triforce's Power

J

Jalandir

I started replaying WW yesterday, and I remembered something about the end that I found puzzling.

The triforce is put back together, and a wish is made. But what happens to it afterward? Does it return to the sacred realm, and retain it's wishing granting ability, or was that a one time deal, and it returned to the Goddesses, never to be seen in Hyrule or the Sacred Realm again?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
I honestly would assume that the Triforce went back to the Sacred Realm, however some have theorized that the Sacred Realm no longer exists because of the flood. I don't quite see how the Sacred Realm would be destroyed by the flood, but to each his own. If the Triforce didn't return to the Sacred Realm then it probably is somewhere else in the world. I think there was a reference to the Triforce is ST.

P.S. One can make limitless wishes on the Triforce as long as they manage to obtain the three pieces again and again.

Last edited:

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I think the idea is that it returns to the Sacred Realm, where it's the safest from the greed of evil. If it didn't go back, you'd have thousands of enemies trying to break into where it is to use it, which would create tons of havoc.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I think there was a reference to the Triforce is ST.
I'm fairly sure that it was the Light Force, which is something that wasn't elaborately explained in TMC. They appear to be distinct, but what it was never very explicit.

As for the Triforce, it was probably returned to the Sacred Realm. However, it's unlikely that we'll see it again on the Adult Timeline for quite some time, given Ganondorf's apparent death. The Triforce rarely appears without our main cast of characters.
Another possibility is that it could be at the bottom of the sea, along with Ganondorf. After all, the Portal to the Sacred Realm is still at the bottom of the sea, as it is located near the former Door of Time (now underwater with the rest of Old Hyrule). It seems convenient that both the door to the Sacred Realm and the whole Triforce itself were last seen in roughly the same location. Given Ganondorf's proximity to it, I don't doubt that Ganondorf may be revived at some point, as I'd imagine Nintendo wouldn't want to rule out the opportunity for another game with the Triforce on the AT.

Djinn

and Tonic
I also assumed that it instantly returned to the Sacred Realm once it's wish was granted. Remember the only reason that the triforce was even in the light world was because of Ganondorf touching it in OoT causing an imbalance and it broke apart. So each piece connected itself to an individual until it was finally reunited at the end of WW.

Through it's appearances in games, the triforce might actually have a specific resting place in the Sacred Realm. Ganon in ALTTP did not personally keep it guarded within his own impenetrable tower full of traps and loyal minions. He kept the triforce in the pyramid of power in the center of the Dark World where anyone could walk up and down at any time they wished. Only sealed inside and in a special room for it to float around and apparently greet newcomers. Why would he keep something so important to his superiority and power in a very obvious location and not in his glowing tower that is on top of a mountain outside the reach of most people while sealed with magic? Also after Link defeats Agahnim the second time Ganon retreats to the Pyramid and then tells Link
I never imagined a boy like you
could give me so much trouble.
It's unbelievable that you

defeated my alterego, Agahnim
the Dark Wizard, twice!

But I will never give you the
Triforce. I will destroy you
and make my wish to conquer

both Light and Dark Worlds
come true without delay.
His words "make my wish" could have two separate meanings here. He could be talking about his original wish to rule all the world, as in his original desire to do so. Or he was overpowered by some young Hylian and then ran to the Triforce's location to make another wish on the Triforce. By that time the Sage's seal on the Dark World was broken so he could possibly wish to have the Light World if Link did not arrive to stop him.

Later in OoT Rauru mentions that the Temple of Light which was built by the ancient sages houses the Triforce in the center of the Sacred Realm.
I am Rauru, one of the ancient Sages... Ages ago, we ancient Sages built the Temple of Time to protect the entrance to the Sacred Realm... This is the Chamber of Sages, inside the Temple of Light... The Temple of Light, situated in the very center of the Sacred Realm, is the last stronghold against Ganondorf's evil forces." — Rauru
It would not make sense for Ganondorf to wish to keep the Triforce in the Pyramid if it was the actually the Temple of Light. The temple was built by the sages and houses the chamber of sages which have repeatedly stood against Ganondorf and his plans for conquering Hyrule. He might not want to keep the Triforce in such a place if he had a choice in the matter. Even in the Dark world any lingering Sage spirits would plot against him. In ALTTP the Pyramid housed a Great Fairy that actually did plot against him by giving Link silver arrows and blessing the Master Sword telling Link how to defeat Ganon. It is not wise to keep the mystical object of godly might in such location surrounded by potential enemies and saboteurs like that unless it was the specific sacred location the Triforce returns to or remains on it's own.

The Deku Tree states that is rests at the point were the Goddesses left the world.
And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence." — Great Deku Tree
So it is very likely that after a wish is made the Triforce returns to the location where the goddesses left it in the Sacred Realm. Otherwise Ganon in ALTTP might not leave it there. The ancient sages that built the Temple of Light might have known this as well and built the Temples of Light and Time to protect the Triforce instead of removing it to a safer location. Ganondorf of OoT had no trouble obtaining the Triforce once the Door of Time was opened showing that the sages possibly not move it, only protect the gateway to it's location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom