• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce on Demise's Sword

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I always thought of the inverted triforce on Demise's master sword as like the dark side of the triforce(like the force). He's evil so maybe that's like his way of showing it. I also thought of something, to say it's inverted you look from hilt to tip, ever look tip to hilt(upside down). It would look normal if the sword was tip into the ground...
--
Ghirahim being the opposite of Fi could also explain why the triforce is inverted on the Dark Master Sword.

W

Wind Waker

He's evil. The Triforce is good. He hates good. So he hates the Triforce and the power it gives. Simple

An upside down triforce appears in a couple games doesn't it? Remember, it's still technically rightside up if you're looking down Demise's blade, so it could be a sort of last thing you see before you die deal. Maybe put your mind at ease before you go to meet the goddess, so to speak.

An upside down triforce appears in a couple games doesn't it? Remember, it's still technically rightside up if you're looking down Demise's blade, so it could be a sort of last thing you see before you die deal. Maybe put your mind at ease before you go to meet the goddess, so to speak.
it appears a lot in WW like on links grandmothers dress, and on the doors on outset island. So maybe there is no meaning behind it lol

Correction. As I was just replaying skyward sword today. Both the master sword and Ghirahim’s sword from both have the triforces oriented in the same direction it’s common misconception that the symbol on Ghirahim is upside down due to the way demise holds him if you look at link when he seats the master sword aka Fi into the final pedestal the triforce is upside down. My theory is that Ghirahim was made by the goddess but tossed aside by her/ the original warrior (the one who halfway forged the original master sword for Skyward sword link to find) in favor of the master sword. Maybe partly due to Ghirahim’s edges being misshapen (the zig zag/ Diamond formation) Demise finds him and takes him in partly due to Ghirahim being an almost perfect match to the master sword. Ghirahim being tossed aside may have caused his change of sides for demise wants the triforce and the world but always refers to link as a human where Ghirahim refers to link as the goddesses’ dog, maybe hinting at some resentment between him and the goddess?

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Correction. As I was just replaying skyward sword today. Both the master sword and Ghirahim’s sword from both have the triforces oriented in the same direction it’s common misconception that the symbol on Ghirahim is upside down due to the way demise holds him if you look at link when he seats the master sword aka Fi into the final pedestal the triforce is upside down. My theory is that Ghirahim was made by the goddess but tossed aside by her/ the original warrior (the one who halfway forged the original master sword for Skyward sword link to find) in favor of the master sword. Maybe partly due to Ghirahim’s edges being misshapen (the zig zag/ Diamond formation) Demise finds him and takes him in partly due to Ghirahim being an almost perfect match to the master sword. Ghirahim being tossed aside may have caused his change of sides for demise wants the triforce and the world but always refers to link as a human where Ghirahim refers to link as the goddesses’ dog, maybe hinting at some resentment between him and the goddess?
You do know that nobody has responded to this thread since 2012, right?

By the way, Welcome to ZD!

I'm gonna roll with the necro
Master Sword.pngdemise_s_sword_01112012_by_blueamnesiac_d4m0olx-fullview.png
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "Both have the Triforce oriented in the same direction"; the Master Sword faces the hilt and Demise's sword faces the blade. Though I do like the theory that the Goddess has a personal history with Ghirahim, maybe as his creator. A connection to the Goddess would explain how Ghirahim remains so autonomous despite Demise's seal; he should be trapped in the blade like Fi but he's running around possessing bosses like it's nothing; maybe he was a failed sword-robot prototype that gained awareness? It never really is explained why Fi and Ghirahim are so totally opposites despite being, theoretically, the same type of thing.

You do know that nobody has responded to this thread since 2012, right?

By the way, Welcome to ZD!
True but I had just finished skyward sword at the time and decided to take some research upon myself about girihams sword form and why it was so similar to to the master sword (despite its very obvious differences) and at the time people were thinking that giriham was from lowrule (sorry for the misspelling) and for giriham to exist in a time where lowrule was inaccessible and unmentioned didn’t sit well with me

I'm gonna roll with the necro

View attachment 70209View attachment 70210
I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say "Both have the Triforce oriented in the same direction"; the Master Sword faces the hilt and Demise's sword faces the blade. Though I do like the theory that the Goddess has a personal history with Ghirahim, maybe as his creator. A connection to the Goddess would explain how Ghirahim remains so autonomous despite Demise's seal; he should be trapped in the blade like Fi but he's running around possessing bosses like it's nothing; maybe he was a failed sword-robot prototype that gained awareness? It never really is explained why Fi and Ghirahim are so totally opposites despite being, theoretically, the same type of thing.
You are correct and I am sorry with the constant switching of swords angles my mind played tricks upon me that I thought they were pointed in the same direction. Though I’m glad you like my theory that giriham was a failed master sword prototype. It would surely explain away girihams anger towards the hero of the goddess and the goddess herself. Especially with Denise being so flippant towards the same thing.

Fierce Deity Link

Knight of the Falling Moon
Could it be there is another triforce, gods?

Traditionally triangles that point up are spirit realm, and traingles that point down are of the physical realm.

Could the upside down triforce be three gods, perhaps Eros, Mars, and Ishtar?

If you look closely at Demise's sword there is the symbol of the Triforce on it. Not only that, but it's upside down! What do you think this means? I think it means that Demise is is the complete opposite of good and that he is pure evil. What are your thoughts?
I made a big post on this. But, basically. I think Demise's sword comes from how the Master Sword becomes empowered with light in TP, and that creates a kind of shadow within the same Master Sword. This Master Sword then sits in the grove at the base of the Tower of the Gods (the other two timeline swords appear to be sleeping forever).

Well, the end of the child timeline of TP is Four Swords Adventures, which ends with a battle at the Tower of Winds (the Gods) which collapses. One of the major villains is Shadow Link, whom Ganon created using, basically the mirror of Twilight or a version of it.

So I think at the end of 4SA, Shadow Link gets the TP Master Sword, which has a shadow Master Sword within it. It's a bit more complicated how that gets back in time, but basically the running theory is child timeline Shadow Link merges with Downfall Timeline's AoL weakened spirit Ganon to steal the AoL Triforce and wish to go back in time.

This is Phantom Ganon, who becomes Demise. My theory.

There is some spoilery, but not really important evidence in TotK that Phantom Ganon might have existed in the ancient past. Like, before the first Ganondorf. I won't describe the evidence, it's minor anyway, but it's not like it's crazy to think this is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom