• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce on Demise's Sword

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly my theory on the Master sword is that it is an inversion of Demise's sword, not the other way around. Demise and Ghirahim came first and the master sword was created later. It is not specifically explained but we are led to believe it was a few hundred to a few thousand years after Demise was defeated and sealed away. Because of this I have always assumed that it was not Demises's sword that was an original design and the master sword was made as a mockery of it for mortal Hylians to use. Demise's sword has a pointed spiky hilt, well the master sword is smooth. Demise's had a triforce, the master sword had an inverted triforce. It seems that it was formed in absolute defiance of him. As if Hylia or the Gods concluded that their weapon of choice for the hero to use against Demise would not only be designed to defeat demons, but would be visually offensive to them as well.

The idea of an Anti-Triforce makes no sense being that the old gods created only one triforce to be something that mortals would be able to use and not the gods themselves. And the triforce itself can be used to do good or evil and is a reflection of ones heart and of course has been used in both ways. I believe it is just a representation that Demise is the complete opposite of Link and it's just there for symbolism of this concept.

It is an anti triforce because demise and link are complete opposites, the master sword is the power of the three goddesses. Which can lead to another theory, maybe the anti triforce is a real think and is made by 3 evil goddesses, but very unlikely.

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
For those who've said it symbolizes the opposite of the Triforce, a.k.a. evil, check your facts. The Triforce doesn't represent "good;" it's just an artifact of extreme power. Demise hadn't yet gained the Triforce of Power (he does that in OoT as Ganondorf), so I don't really know what the upside-down Triforce means. But hey, it makes for a cool sword.

EDIT: Or maybe Ganondorf already had the Triforce of Power before OoT. I dunno. Maybe I'm just confused.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Demise's sword is widely referred to as "The Anti Master Sword" the Triforce symbol on Demise's sword is probably a reason why people call the sword that.

I think it means that Demise is evil (Duh!!!). His sword can be easily compared to the Master Sword as its counterpart, as Fi is the counterpart to Ghirahim. The upside-down Triforce symbol is probably just a way of expressing that.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Honestly my theory on the Master sword is that it is an inversion of Demise's sword, not the other way around. Demise and Ghirahim came first and the master sword was created later. It is not specifically explained but we are led to believe it was a few hundred to a few thousand years after Demise was defeated and sealed away. Because of this I have always assumed that it was not Demises's sword that was an original design and the master sword was made as a mockery of it for mortal Hylians to use. Demise's sword has a pointed spiky hilt, well the master sword is smooth. Demise's had a triforce, the master sword had an inverted triforce. It seems that it was formed in absolute defiance of him. As if Hylia or the Gods concluded that their weapon of choice for the hero to use against Demise would not only be designed to defeat demons, but would be visually offensive to them as well.

This actually makes sense...
One question I had though:
Seeing where the Sword came from, Isn't it possible that Demise Shaped the sword to be the visual opposite of the Master Sword when he claimed it out of Ghirahim? The sword could also have been forged in Ghirahim's spirit after fighting/following Link throughout the game.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Perhaps it is similar to turning a cross upside down, as in it is showing total disrespect.

Nitpick, but the upside down cross is actually the symbol of Saint Peter, who was crucified upside down.

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
The "inverted" Triforce merely symbolizes opposition to the golden goddesses.

Demise doesn't oppose the golden goddesses, he merely opposes Hylia, the triforce is his ambition,not his adversary, really,I just think we are thinking this too much

Demise doesn't oppose the golden goddesses, he merely opposes Hylia, the triforce is his ambition,not his adversary, really,I just think we are thinking this too much

Hylia was given the divine duty of protecting the Triforce by the golden goddesses. As such, this [automatically] implies that Demise opposes the golden goddesses by extension. He's not going to go "Yay, I've acquired the Triforce, let's be friends, Nayru, Din, and Farore!" In any event, whether or not he opposes the golden goddesses is irrelevant to the extent that it does not change the fact that symbolism is at play here. The inverted [upside-down] Triforce is good old-fashioned symbolism, nothing more; it's the simplest explanation there is. My point stands...

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
Some of the newer versions of the Master Sword (especially TP) have the Triforce located in the same spot. It's right side up obviously, but there may be a connection there. Possibly the "Corrupt Master Sword"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom