• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Triforce of Courage..of What?

zants follower

underling of the dark god
I believe that it is stated that, when the triforce was touched by one of an evil heart (Ganondorf) the goddesses saw what was in his heart and the triforce split, giving each piece to the person who befitted it the most. Ganon got power because he wished to rule. Link got courage because he, as stated in avatar, had a "strong heart". Zelda got wisdom because it was left and nintendo needed her to have one (my theory there). They were then supposed to guard each piece. I don't think that they actually gave them strength or anything, so much as just symbolized their characters. The only thing that could really go against that would be that Ganondorf turned into Ganon using the Triforce of Power, but I think that this was more so the ToP showing what was in his heart than him inducing a transformation considering the Dark World in aLttP was supposed to transform a person into what would most closely represent their character and Ganon was, well, Ganon.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Aonuma: Yes, quite. Even within our team, there were many who wanted Link to finally fly. But we preferred to leave that to the imagination of the player.
We prefer to attribute other characteristics of the characters that Link does not possess. The interactions between different actors and their solidarity makes the adventure even more exciting, is not it?
Nagano: Exactly. Provide a Link wings and let him fly freely does not match his personality or the universe of the series.
Eiji Aonuma: That’s it! Link is anything but a superman capable of all the exploits!
Nagano and Honda ensemble: And that is precisely what gives Link all his charms, no? (laughter)
Aonuma: And then a large part of the fun would disappear if he had powers all the more useful one than the other. It is important to balance his abilities. On one side he has small bottles to put various things without really knowing what they serve him and the other, he has his disposal in various magical powers that are very powerful. It is the mix of all these elements which we take pleasure to play.
While applying it to this topic may be a bit of a stretch, I think this interview (about how the manga relates to the games [source]) sheds some light on the developers' reasons for not having the ToC give Link excessive powers.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
While applying it to this topic may be a bit of a stretch, I think this interview (about how the manga relates to the games [source]) sheds some light on the developers' reasons for not having the ToC give Link excessive powers.

You may be right but he just talks about collectibles he can get not a power we know he has (ToC)

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Well, Alot of people have made really good explanations but here is my veiw...

In other games like Final Fantasy 1 2 3 and 4, they have the crystals. They are just a representive of a show that tehy are teh four chosen warriors of light to defeat the darkness. Im not sure if the crystals give you more magical abilities or anything, but how this is related to the Triforsce is that it could just be a thign to mark Link as a savor of the lands. Also like some otehrs said, in the otehr games the Triforce didnt appear in all of them, and yet Link was able to use magic, teh weapons, and come face to face with evil, eat/absorb(What does he do wih them??) them he gains health. So it depends on teh Timeline(Which i dont wanna get into...) order. So i basically think its just a symbol of his courage, him choosing to defend Hyrule, I mean he could of said no and let Ganon take over.

Like with the other Triforces, Power,Wisdom. They mean the same. Zelda is a princess and she is post to know all things about her kingdom and ruling place to fit better as a queen when she becomes the throne. Its just a Symbol of her vast Knowledge of different things, but i also think it gives her more uptude towards magic and all. While Ganons ToP, he is a king who is buff and also a magic user?? See the connections, he also has knowledge but has the ToP to Symbolize his ruling of HIS Power that no one can have, but with all saying, why does it glow and something happens... It may have to do with the persons soul/Personality regarding the TRiforces Powers in which it is used....

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
so you are saying they were choosed randomly (exept Zelda i guess) to use the triforce

now that i think in TP they say it was a divine prank that ganondorf got the ToP o_O

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
How about this one:
In TP, It is said that Link is "guided by fate," and that the ToC is a symbol that he is "chosen by the goddesses." While the other two pieces of the Triforce grant extra powers, the ToC might only guide one who is courageous enough to oppose [bring balance to] the other two without receiving any additional power himself.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
How about this one:
In TP, It is said that Link is "guided by fate," and that the ToC is a symbol that he is "chosen by the goddesses." While the other two pieces of the Triforce grant extra powers, the ToC might only guide one who is courageous enough to oppose [bring balance to] the other two without receiving any additional power himself.

I dont really follow you what did you tried to say

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, I'd say that the ToC makes the game less scary. Since the ToC gives Link some kind of courage, it also makes all Zelda games rated E-T, never M.

No, I'm only kidding, kind of.

The ToC most likely allows Link to wield the Master/Skyward/whatever upgrade Sword that he has, and the ability to fight and win against Ganon(dorf).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've nearly completed my TP playthrough, and I've concluded that it gives him focus. He's chosen by the gods, directed by fate, etc. He already has exceptional courage, and the ToC directs that courage toward what needs to be done.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I've nearly completed my TP playthrough, and I've concluded that it gives him focus. He's chosen by the gods, directed by fate, etc. He already has exceptional courage, and the ToC directs that courage toward what needs to be done.
That is the best description of what the Toc does it does all that "FOCUS"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom