• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Transportation in Zelda 3DS

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Usually main series Zelda games offer a mode of transport to help get around the world in a quicker and more time efficient way. We have seen a train, boat, horse, loftwing and more.
What means of transport would you like to see in Zelda 3DS?
Something that we have seen before or something completely new?
What level of control would you like over the means of transport?
Perhaps you'd like to see multiple means of transport in Zelda 3DS?

I'd like to see something pretty simple in this one, possibly something similar to how the Ocarina was used to warp to locations in Ocarina of Time. It may or may not be another instrument but I'm not too fussed either way, I wouldn't miss having to play a song to warp too much.

Last edited:
Multiple tranpsort options, i think would bugger the game. If they were to incorporate a boat and a train for example the overworld would need to be filled with tracks and we'd need an abundence of water to make the boat feel worth while, meaning we'd be back in WW/PH territory, worse if we're forced into it by having to get to other continents or islands. People don't like just one mode of compulsory travel, having two would have them tearing their hair out.

I do see a mode of transportation being used in the 3DS Zelda game than the WiiU game because implementing transport seems to be easier for nintendo to do and fill the game with. But i don't want this to happen, we've had enough of compulsory transportation in Zelda now, both PH and ST were cheap rushed games in my eyes. PH could have been WW2 had it have been made for the 3DS, and Spirit Tracks could have been something very special (they found a new continent, a new area to set a whole series of games, yet it was relegated to a clone of a very flawed game on a primitive console). Now that we have OoT3D on the 3DS and we can see what it can do, travel should go back to being optional like it was with epona and if we have too far to travel then give us a warp ability, otherwise, stop catering my overworlds to an idea of compulsory travel.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Something simple. No huge machine required for travel. Warp locations are all we need, as long as they're placed well.

Marzo

The Downward Spiral
I prefer just a teleportation system. I think that the previous ones, like boats, Loftwing's, and trains hindered the overworld.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would prefer another game in which Epona is your main transport around the overworld. I have nothing against sailing or the chugga-chugga choo-choos but they aren't as liberating as mounting your steed and taking off. I think there is a place for transport systems in the future but I think Nintendo should cool it off for the time being. Although, if Nintendo do put Majora's Mask on the 3DS then we would end up with three games on the system which all use Epona to get around. Would that be too much?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd prefer that we have Epona/onfoot as our main mode of transportation, and place warps -- portals or via Ocarina songs -- on the side for quick-travel. Why Epona? Well, I feel that, when traversing on land, the non-linear method of travel is simply better to have than a pre-defined course that we're forced to go on (like the train). Horses are also very efficient in regards to speed, but they don't trivialize the adventure in any way, shape or form! :D

The degree of control over the transportation method...I'd expect nothing less than what Twilight Princess gave us. With some tweaks to the physics of the horse, and maybe a few skills usable only while mounted, I think Zelda3DS could deliver quite a hefty package in that regard. :)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I'd say not too complex of a system. I liked the transportation systems in PH and ST, but doing something bigger than that would just be weird. I'd say that Link should be on foot, and there should be some type of teleportation thing. Like in Twilight Princess. Where you can unlock different warpoints by defeating a certain type of enemy (like the Twilight Beast thing), getting to a certain area, or something like that. The teleportation system could then be used as something that could be a sidequest or even essential to completing the game. Like fixing a bridge (like the Bridge of Eldin), or getting something to some random person in Castle Town.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I would like to see mix transportation in Zelda 3DS. Link can travel between cities by horse or foot, and travel between islands by boat or hot air balloon...

Deeds

no text
I don't see how else we could travel in the newer Zelda games, that's different from the rest. They've covered by foot, by an animal of some kind, by train, by boat and now by flight. All that's left is some underwater submarine thing, and who would want that.

I like Epona, the best yet, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom