• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TotK Second Trailer

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
One thing Ninty hasn't shown in any trailers yet which I find a little odd is people. The only characters we have confirmed are Link, Zelda, and Mummy Ganon. No npcs or anything. I wonder if theres a reason for that or if they just dont think its relevant.
Interesting point.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
One thing Ninty hasn't shown in any trailers yet which I find a little odd is people. The only characters we have confirmed are Link, Zelda, and Mummy Ganon. No npcs or anything. I wonder if theres a reason for that or if they just dont think its relevant.
It might be more plot relevant than theyre willing to show. At least I hope so. (champion successors assemble or whatever)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Matt Mercer as Ganon was probably the most hype part of the trailer.

Overall it's certainly a step-up from info/footage we've been given before. I'm optimistic, though not over the moon about it, so to speak.

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Matt Mercer as Ganon was probably the most hype part of the trailer.

Overall it's certainly a step-up from info/footage we've been given before. I'm optimistic, though not over the moon about it, so to speak.
Technically speaking, it is impossible for one to be “over the moon,” as it has its own gravitational pull.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyE7NGWy_k

Say, can anyone translate the part where Gannon speaks?
This is the japanese version of the trailer.
The part where Zelda speaks can be roughly translated as : Link, at this rate, even you can't win.

But my japanese is limited and I don't want to google translate it as it may yield poor results.

Thanks in advance. :)

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
GUYS I HAVE A THEORY
Being myself, I have of course been wondering what's happening with Purah in totk. When I was looking at screenshots today I saw this
Screenshot_20230209-174639_YouTube.jpg

And wondered to myself, where is her telescope? It should be on the roof section to the right
Screenshot_20230209-174951_Google.jpg

But then I also saw this screenshot, which looks exactly like something Purah would make and with Sheikah markings on the walls
Screenshot_20230209-174712_YouTube.jpg
So I'm thinking she may have moved to Kakariko village near Impa. Probably not an important detail but something I really wanted to point out. Thoughts?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
But then I also saw this screenshot, which looks exactly like something Purah would make and with Sheikah markings on the walls
Screenshot_20230209-174712_YouTube.jpg
What I noticed about this was that Link did not look happy to see these arms. So possibly Purah is dead or captured and her lab has been taken over, and Link drops by not knowing that? Maybe you have to free her and unlock the ability to buy upgrades from her or sumn.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

Ok but in all seriousness… this trailer does absolutely nothing for me.

I dislike the cars for the same reason why I disliked the focus on futuristic technology in the last game. It just kinda feels out of nowhere and not very well built up to. Potentially being able to build them is leaning even more heavily into the sandbox aspect of BotW, which I absolutely didn’t like.

I guess getting a voice for ol’ G-money is nice, but it’s definitely not the kind of voice I was expecting. A little too uhhh… smooth? I guess? It’s definitely nothing like his voice in previous games.

I think caves have pretty much been confirmed, which is… cool I guess? Doesn’t seem nearly as interesting as the sky but maybe I’ll be wrong.

We’ve seen exactly one thing that looks like a dungeon, and it literally just looks like the damn divine beasts again. Sigh.

They still haven’t given us any real update on how they’re handling major items, the stat system, and the durability mechanic. Those are the three things I wanted to know the most. I already fully know that this isn’t going to be the kind of Zelda game that I want, but I would at least like to know if any of the more minor problems I had with BotW are even kinda alleviated.

As much as I hate to say this, I don’t think that I’ve ever been less excited for Zelda. We’ve waited 6 long years for this, and what they’ve shown honestly doesn’t feel like it should’ve taken nearly that long. At this point we should be expecting the next evolution of Zelda. Something along the lines of the jump from Ocarina of Time to Windwaker at the very least. Unfortunately it looks like we’re getting a mere Mario Galaxy 2 instead, with the only differences being that Mario Galaxy 2 took a third of the time and is a sequel to a game I actually like.

Great stuff here, IMO. I might be in the minority, but I actually really like Ganon's English voice, and it's pretty damn close to what I always imagined him to sound like. His JP voice is quite grand, too, however. The three headed dragon seems to be Gleeok; it would make sense considering that BotW brought other classic enemies into 3D for the first time, such as Lynels and Hinoxes. New overworld minibosses would be cool, and that seems to be their purpose. Homing arrows look grand, wonder why more people aren't talking about them. As much as I hated BK: N&B, I don't actually mind the vehicle system, since that'll only be part of the game and not what the game is based on, and we also seem to have Kagoroks, too. As much as I loved BotW, more enemy variety is something that I think could've made it even better, looks like we're getting it!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgyE7NGWy_k

Say, can anyone translate the part where Gannon speaks?
This is the japanese version of the trailer.
The part where Zelda speaks can be roughly translated as : Link, at this rate, even you can't win.

But my japanese is limited and I don't want to google translate it as it may yield poor results.

Thanks in advance. :)
He basically says the same sort of thing but speaks in an old fashioned way so has a different feel to it. It seems like he speaks with affection to his underlings. He talks like this in Wind Waker too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom