• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tears of the Kingdom TotK screenshot thread

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Picsart_23-06-04_18-57-03-104.jpg
I feel like I missed something somewhere...I don't claim to have kept up with lore for many years now but I always assumed Hylians and Sheikah were different people groups. Kind of analogous to the Hylians vs Gerudo. Sheikah do have pointed ears and are destined to guard the royal family so I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility but it still seems odd to me. Reminds me of my annoyance at TP referring to Link (a Hylian) as a human.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I feel like I missed something somewhere...I don't claim to have kept up with lore for many years now but I always assumed Hylians and Sheikah were different people groups. Kind of analogous to the Hylians vs Gerudo. Sheikah do have pointed ears and are destined to guard the royal family so I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibility but it still seems odd to me. Reminds me of my annoyance at TP referring to Link (a Hylian) as a human.
I've always thought that Sheikah was a different race entirely, but it also might just be like, a creed/religion type thing, or even just a sub-race of Hylians, like how humanity has different races.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I've always thought that Sheikah was a different race entirely, but it also might just be like, a creed/religion type thing, or even just a sub-race of Hylians, like how humanity has different races.
And yeah, that totally could be. I would venture that it was something of an oversight but that's just a guess. The thing is, the Gerudo are obviously not Hylian and there are lore purposes for that but you also have Holodrumites and Labrynans who aren't Hylian. But then, they are kind of named for the kingdom and maybe since the Sheikah have always been part of the kingdom, maybe they are being considered Hylian as denizens of Hyrule. But do we then consider the people of New Hyrule "New Hylians"? I doubt it. Again, I am reminded of Link being called a human instead of a Hylian in TP (where the people of Hyrule didn't have pointed ears). Anyway, maybe I should have put this in the Zelda Theory board.

I think it just depends on whatever particular game that they decide on a whim what’s actually up with the races. I mean, the Sheikah have gone from being thought to be almost wiped out entirely, to being the most advanced race ever, and then split between two groups of good and evil ninjas, and that’s just one race here. Rito seemingly no longer need Valoo to grow wings and have cut off Zora imagery in their culture. Gerudo are no longer thieves. Lots of different stuff that I’m not sure are “retcons” or if they intend as canon evolutions or what.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I think it just depends on whatever particular game that they decide on a whim what’s actually up with the races. I mean, the Sheikah have gone from being thought to be almost wiped out entirely, to being the most advanced race ever, and then split between two groups of good and evil ninjas, and that’s just one race here. Rito seemingly no longer need Valoo to grow wings and have cut off Zora imagery in their culture. Gerudo are no longer thieves. Lots of different stuff that I’m not sure are “retcons” or if they intend as canon evolutions or what.
This is the correct answer but it's unsatisfying.

FyGNT97aIAEDpBE

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
2023061509114800-CC47F0DEC75C1FD3B1F95FA9F9D57667.jpg

My airship is complete. It needs a rocket to get it airborne, or I could quickly ultrahand it up and use ascend, too. Two lasers and a cannon on each side, wings for me to walk out and snipe from, and hover stones to keep it airborne. I've used this to melt a Hinox pretty fast. It costs 63 zonaite to make the whole thing from scratch.

I think my title screen broke.

Generally Nintendo games are way more polished than even your average “AAA” stuff, but it’s been kind of understandable some of the issues I’ve had with this game; mostly loading the depths in some of the chasms. However yesterday it felt like there were a lot of odd things going on like delayed inputs when firing arrows and such. I hope my Switch isn’t dying.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 4

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
2023061813420100-CC47F0DEC75C1FD3B1F95FA9F9D57667.jpg

Finally made myself a mecha like I've been wanting. This was way easier to make than the airship. Probably cuz I didn't have to try and make this one fly. The only flaw is it can't stand on its own so I gotta do the recall+ascend trick to get in control. Kinda wanna try fighting something with both this and my airship at the same time.

But yeah. I have 7 personal autobuilds now. Idk what to use the 8th slot for. Might leave it open in case I make adjustments to something and need to re-favorite.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Internet_20230916_194416_5.jpg

Internet_20230916_194416_4.jpg

Internet_20230916_194416_3.jpg

Constantly and forever in awe of the sky colors.

Internet_20230916_194416_2.jpg

Internet_20230916_194416_1.jpg

New vehicles. I was experimenting with slimmer, sleeker builds. These two are designed for mobility only, no weapons. I wanted the second one to have some more defensive capability but it was too heavy and costly. The first one, though, is a crazy good tank. Literally drove it into a chasm and landed perfectly and kept moving almost uninterupted. Also accidentally slipped off a really tall cliff and it flipped over several times, but it stayed together and Link couldn't fall out of it. No damage recieved.

Don't know if this link will work here, but this is the clip of me driving into a chasm. Story spoilers, kind of. it just show's Yunobo's Vow.

EDIT: yeah I dont think the link works. it gave me a download link when i tested it. darn.

No Spoilers. To my knowledge.

I really enjoy taking photos (real life photography and in game)!!
I’ve played Zelda since the NES. I love that the switch has a screenshot button! Catching a good in game pic to add to my collection has always been a private side quest lol
So, this is the first time I’m sharing my gaming captures. Anywhere lol

Hope y’all have a good day!

Attachments

• F2BA25B3-7A0B-4EB2-AACE-03A31948600E.jpeg
    F2BA25B3-7A0B-4EB2-AACE-03A31948600E.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 62D2F9A1-994A-4D33-86B8-D8B49019F637.png
    62D2F9A1-994A-4D33-86B8-D8B49019F637.png
    660.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AC3E0DB1-8677-458A-8714-ACC730D9E284.png
    AC3E0DB1-8677-458A-8714-ACC730D9E284.png
    731.2 KB · Views: 2