• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Too Old for Halloween?

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Halloween to me is more about getting to meet my friends on the weekend but with a funny costume instead of in a nice shirt and shoes, Not really as much about the trick or treating personally. While for others the trick or treating is the main thing what brings everyone together, They go trick or treat together as friends and do it for fun and age doesn't really matter. So no, it shouldn't matter as much about age as it should about why you are trick or treating.

But then that's just the trick or treating part we have lots of fun stuff to do on this evening, Haunted houses, Halloween parties, Decorations around the house with family etc. etc.
Just pick one and have fun!!

The reason I don't go trick-or-treating on Halloween anymore is the very reason I seldom celebrate my birthdays, at least not to the extent I once used to. I no longer have time to focus on such pleasures and the people I primarily see asking for candy are young children, putting me in a very awkward situation to say the least.

That said, there's a whimsical, childhood nature that lives on in all of us no matter how old we are. I'll never denounce Halloween fully, turning my back on the tradition, because I absolutely love Christmas and the present tradition, which would create a hypocritical double standard. But the holidays aren't the only time to give; forget the haters-go nuts on Halloween!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I agree.

My parents constantly tell me I'm too old for Halloween. They've been saying so since I was about 13. Even so, I find Halloween extremely fun and I love dressing up as someone else for once. I don't think you can ever be too old for any holiday.

What I found annoying was that when my sister and I went trick-or-treating last year, people kept saying we were too old. Personally, I found it really entertaining to go around at night for a while and pretend to be someone else, especially when I have good friends with me. And you get free candy on top of it all. Why is it wrong for me to participate? I'm still not technically an adult, so I'll enjoy it while I can.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I may not go trick or treating, but I still get into the spirit of things. I do it to have fun cause I don't always have opportunities to do so. This year, as my Avatar shows, I plan on going out as Slender Man, just for the fun of it. Me and some friends plan on having a good time on the 31st. I believe that the child lives on in everyone. It's just like christmas. You can believe what you want about Santa, but never let people take that child like innocence away from you.

Majoras_Wrath

Home Grown Hero!
You're never too old to celebrate Halloween. There is so much more to do than trick-or-treat but it's always fun to do so. I did it up until about 18 but that's because life hit me and I had other responsibilities to spend my time on. I never let the holiday pass without doing something fun, though this year the only thing I'll be doing on that night is working :/.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I've never been the type to do things differently on certain days. I go randomly get candy sometimes or dress up for the heck of it. It's fun to me. That said, I don't really do the whole trick or treating thing. Never really trusted receiving things from random people. If I went trick or treating, it was just stopping at the houses of friends or family. Generally, it would be just buying candy from Wal-Mart or something. Like I said though, I do that on days that aren't Halloween sometime too. Why shouldn't I have a candy bar or three?

As for dressing up, I've always love getting in costumes and doing things. I was never the one to really go out and get scary costumes as much as I was the type to just get something I'd like to wear. Sometimes what I liked happened to be a scarier costume, but I just liked that it give me a day to dress up and blend in a little. I know on half of the days I've dressed up, it would just be a random day of having some fun.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
As a college student: Hell no.

It's different once you can drink, but I definitely still participate in Halloween and dress up. True, instead of going door to door asking for candy we're hanging out at some random guy's place trying to hook up with strangers, but it's still a lot of fun.

bunny

birb overlord
No way. That's like asking if you can get too old for candy. NEVER.

I'm 15 and I'm going trick-or-treating this year. I don't necessarily care for the "Halloween" tradition or anything, I just want the candy... xD

Im 18 and I'm still going trick or treating and dressing up for Halloween (if I don't work that day) along with my fiancé who is 20 years old. I still like dressing up and putting the costumes and make up on. It makes me feel like a little child :3
I was going to pester him if we could go in a Sailor Moon theme but he wanted to be Mario and make his friend be Luigi so I couldn't really say no ;/

Imma be a zombie French maid now :B

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom