• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Tingle or Skull Kid?

Which would you have preferred?

• I'd rather have Skull Kid instead of Tingle

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • I'd rather have Skull Kid instead of Young Link

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I'm fine with both DLC characters

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I don't like either of the DLC characters

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I'd rather have another character than Tingle

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I'd rather have another character than Young Link

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters
Now that we know the two MM DLC characters (Tinge and Young Link), which side do you sit on? Post any additional characters you'd have liked to see in the comments.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I am neutral. If you don't like it don't get the dlc. If you got the pack of dlc and don't like it that's what you get for buying with out knowing what you'll get.

To me more chracters are more charcters. So it will be great for me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Is this event a contest?

Tingle of course. One of the strangest, weirdest and most fascinating characters in Zel-- no wait, in gaming. The thing about Hyrule Warriors, is that it allows for a genre were we're so used to one style of play and seeing people in "character mode" that it's extremely fresh to not only see these characters in a different light but actually play as them. We've seen Skull Kid in combat, so in my eyes, the more intriguing one is Tingle, who we haven't.

I'm fine with the chosen characters, Young Link was a good choice whereas Tingle was an interesting one.

I didn't think the Skull Kid would be a playable character in the first place. Even if the Skull Kid was a playable character, What would his weapon be? I can't think off the top of my head and it wouldn't make much sense if Majora's Mask itself was the weapon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Absolutely overjoyed to have tingle join the game.
Young link, I'm not fussed for him at all really. I would have preferred Skull Kid but whoever would have replaced him would have been overshadowed in my mind by Tingle.
The only other character I would want in HW would be Groose now.

Well, in the background when the costumes were being described, one of the three that is shaded out is a skull kid costume for some female, I'm not sure which. This is just based off of the shape of the head and clothing, but I could be wrong (although I doubt it). Honestly, I'm pretty pumped about playing as Tingle, even though he does give me nightmares.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I really... really... would have liked to play as Skull Kid.

I just can't see how Tingle could be a fighter.
...then again, same goes for Agitha, but they made her one.

Seriously, I would've loved to have Skull Kid as a playable character instead of Tingle. I mean, he was an okay character, but he was just too weird for me to play as much. Skull Kid would've been a better choice for me.

Overall, I wanted Skull Kid more than Tingle. I'm fine with Young Link because he's just way too awesome (and broken) to not be a new playable character.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'm not really fan of Tingle myself, he is just so annoying, weird and make way too much odd noises when he walks. His moves are not the best either, in my opinion, at least. I would have prefered Skull kid over Tingle anyway.

Young Link, he is my new love <3

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Yes but Agitha herself was kinda neat, and very very not irritating.

Huh… doesn't look like many people were thrilled to have Tingle.
Yes, you have a point. Though, that's not what I was getting at.
My point was that neither of them should ever have engaged in combat.-i.e. It's out of their character.

The reason Tingle was added, most likely, was because of high demand in Japan. If you haven't noticed, Japan loves- LOVES- eccentric, bizarre, funny characters. Tingle just fits that category nicely. This would be why there are so many Tingle games in Japan that never quite made it here, in America, where we don't fancy weird characters as much. (Just my educated guess)

Oh trust me, I'm fully aware of how much they love Tingle. I'm just irritated because of all the times Aonuma said in interviews that they don't plan to bring Tingle into Western games anymore, or at least a lot less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom