• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Master Swords Timeline Theory (Skyward Sword is NOT the 1st Game!)

What I meant was that new people were created so the islands could be inhabited.

The game tells us the people who live on the islands are related to those who fled the flooding Hyrule.

私の力では、ヤツをくい止める事はできず ただ、神に祈り 国の運命をゆだねるしかなかった・・・ それを聞いた神は、 ガノンもろとも ハイラルを封印し、 大雨と洪水によって 海底に沈めたのだ
I couldn’t hold him back with my power. There was nothing to do but pray to the gods and entrust the fate of the kingdom to them… Hearing this, the gods sealed Ganon and Hyrule by sinking them to the bottom of the ocean with a great rain and flood.

My power alone could not stop the fiend, and our only choice was to leave the fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods... When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon, but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens... Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean.

しかし、王国の民の全てを 封印してしまったのでは 国が滅びるも同じ
However, if all of the people of the kingdom were sealed, it would be the same as destroying it.

Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew that to seal the people away with the kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish for the destruction of the land.

神は、封印をする前に 新たな国を造る者を選び 高い山々に逃げるよう告げていた
Before the sealing, the gods informed those who had been chosen to create a new country to flee to the tall mountains.

So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops.

それが お前たちの祖先なのだ
They were your ancestors.

Those people were your ancestors.

Source

If the people living on the islands are descendents of the Hyrule's people, then it's possible for the Gerudos to have also fled and have their descendents exist somewhere as the new Gerudo tribe.

Again, they can't interfere with things like people being born. But they wouldn't reincarnate an evil. They only reincarnate the Hero and Zelda.

We don't know how the goddesses work, like Locke said. There are no set rules for who the goddesses choose to reincarnate.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, ok. I just remembered incorrectly.

I still say they wouldn't intentionally put their people in danger. I mean, if they saved them by flooding the land... That's a pretty desperate measure to save them. Why would the do something the total opposite of that? It's just a common sense kinda thing. Surely you can see where I'm coming from. (And, again, letting something happen that they didn't intentionally create for that purpose is different. It's like God and the world.)

startimer

Resident Cartographer
I still say they wouldn't intentionally put their people in danger.

I don't like how you keep saying that.
I mean,

1. A new Ganon doesn't HAVE to be a reincarnation of the old one. It could possibly be a completely seperate dude who happens to also be evil.

2. Even if he is reincarnated, how does this have anything to do with the godesses? So Ganon's soul finds it's way into a new body. It's not like the Godesses are intentionally trying to make a new Ganon (which is what you've been saying that we've been saying).

3. Even if the Goddesses DID have something to do with it, they wouldn't do it just to put more evil in the world. That's not how reincarnation works AT ALL. If you lived a bad life, you have to live another one as a sort of penance. Ganon obviously lived a VERY bad life, so maybe instead of letting him into the afterlife they forced him to live again, in an attempt to "purify" him or something. When you're reborn you don't have any memories of your past life, unless something awakens them (like how the sages are awakened in OoT, sort of). This new, reborn Ganon would be practically harmless... until he found the trident.

I do see where you're coming from, but I'm simply saying we don't really know how the goddesses work. To me, OoT Ganondorf being born is just as questionable as FSA Ganondorf, and the goddesses may not have seen FSA Ganondorf being evil since it was apparently something he slowly became rather an immediate trait. And if they can't stop births from occurring, then FSA Ganondorf had no reason not be reincarnated.

I very much like this theory. There are a couple of wholes in the "Skyward Sword is first" deal. It clouds up origins of the Hero's Clothes. Whenever the Hero of Old is spoken of in games like The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, it is told of how he defeated Ganondorf and "gave the land light." It is said that the Hero's Clothes were originally worn by the Hero of Time in OoT. If Skyward Sword takes place before Ocarina of Time, how is this? Ganondorf is OBVIOUSLY NOT the antagonist, so why is it said that the original hero defeated Ganondorf, if the Hero of Time, in fact, defeated Ganondorf and wore the Hero's Clothes AFTER the events of Skyward Sword?

Besides, OoT will always be the real first for me. It tells of how Ganon came to power, which is huge for almost all Zelda games since. The origins of almost everything is explained; it's the first for me.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
Hey, I did some research and I found somethink that could disprove your theory if it will be included in SS: Rauru and Kaepora Gaebora. In TP Zelda says that the master sword was crafted by the ancient sages. In OoT we were told that both Rauru and Kaepora are an ancient sage. We also know that Kaepora was reborn, which means, if he appears in his not-owl form SS must take place before OoT.

As for now most parts of your theory work. The only think I don't understand why we need a third mastersword.If you play OoA first the Zora King will give you the Msstersword. We all know that this Zoras live in the see, so it's possible one of them found the master sword in the great sea and gave it to his king.
Late reply, but after analyzing your post, I made an answer. Zelda's speech could refer to the first Master Sword only (OOT/TWW/TP). At this time, there is no information how the Skyward Sword was created nor how it was transformed into the Master Sword. For me, Skyward Sword before transformation is a different sword.

In the Oracle series, there are four ways to obtain the OOX Master Sword, thus the "canon" way could be debated. Also, I found a flaw in this timeline - "Sea" Zoras in Oracle of Ages. In the Adult Timetine, these Zoras (not the hostile "River" ones) evolved into Ritos. But if the game doesn't take place in Hyrule, there might be an exception (like the Twinrova appearance).

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I do see where you're coming from, but I'm simply saying we don't really know how the goddesses work. To me, OoT Ganondorf being born is just as questionable as FSA Ganondorf, and the goddesses may not have seen FSA Ganondorf being evil since it was apparently something he slowly became rather an immediate trait. And if they can't stop births from occurring, then FSA Ganondorf had no reason not be reincarnated.

You don't get what I'm saying. I'm pretty sure it'd be the gods/goddesses who'd reincarnate people, not just a random chance. They wouldn't do that for no reason. I mean, all that just makes perfect sense.

Late reply, but after analyzing your post, I made an answer. Zelda's speech could refer to the first Master Sword only (OOT/TWW/TP). At this time, there is no information how the Skyward Sword was created nor how it was transformed into the Master Sword. For me, Skyward Sword before transformation is a different sword.

In the Oracle series, there are four ways to obtain the OOX Master Sword, thus the "canon" way could be debated. Also, I found a flaw in this timeline - "Sea" Zoras in Oracle of Ages. In the Adult Timetine, these Zoras (not the hostile "River" ones) evolved into Ritos. But if the game doesn't take place in Hyrule, there might be an exception (like the Twinrova appearance).

Dude, there is not more than one Master Sword. Get that through your head.

Dude, there is not more than one Master Sword. Get that through your head.

There must be at least two Master swords!!! We have two backstorys for the mastersword (created by the ancient sages as said by zelda in TP and SS) and Link took the mastersword with him at the end of OoT so there can't be one after than on the adult said. But there is one in WW. So there must be at least two MAster swords. I belive SS being first on the timeline, but I'm also sure theres more than one master sword!!!

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Gr... I wanna rage right now. I typed up a long-winded, detailed respones, then my internet disconnected me and deleted it when I tried to post.
I don''t want to type the whole thing again, so i'll try to give a short version...

First of all, just because the clothes in in TP are the same clothes OoT Link wore and WW Link's are based on, does not mean that OoT Link was the first to wear them.

Secondly, your reasoning for the Oracles is extremely flawed, they go on the Child Timeline.

I elaborated and explained both these points originally, but I'm not typing it all again. Sorry. I will try to type a full response later.

There must be at least two Master swords!!! We have two backstorys for the mastersword (created by the ancient sages as said by zelda in TP and SS) and Link took the mastersword with him at the end of OoT so there can't be one after than on the adult said. But there is one in WW. So there must be at least two MAster swords. I belive SS being first on the timeline, but I'm also sure theres more than one master sword!!!

THis wasn't in my original post, but I want to adrress this...

There is only ONE Master sword. NEVER has ANYTHING stated or even implied otherwise. Yes, It's been said that it was crafted by the sages. So? All we know about it's origins in regards to SS is that it's made from the Skyward Sword. HOW does that contradict what we have been told?
Also Link left the Master Sword behind in the ending of OoT. I don't know what made you think he kept it.

I've been caught up with university for the past week. Does someone care to bring me up to speed on what we've been debating?

Various things... THe possibility of multiple Master Swords (proposterous if you ask me), whether FSA Ganon is the same, a reincarnation, or completely seperate from OoT Ganon, the origins of the Hero's Clothes, and some less important things.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!

Well, I guess there would be two Master Swords in a sense: on the separate "timelines." But the Master Sword is always the same sword. There aren't multiple forms of it.

Gr... I wanna rage right now. I typed up a long-winded, detailed respones, then my internet disconnected me and deleted it when I tried to post.
I don''t want to type the whole thing again, so i'll try to give a short version...

First of all, just because the clothes in in TP are the same clothes OoT Link wore and WW Link's are based on, does not mean that OoT Link was the first to wear them.

Secondly, your reasoning for the Oracles is extremely flawed, they go on the Child Timeline.

I elaborated and explained both these points originally, but I'm not typing it all again. Sorry. I will try to type a full response later.

If you're gonna talk about the Oracle games' placement, be more specific about it. Don't just blatantly say where they belong without backing it up. That doesn't get anywhere (unless you've already stated why and are just repeating it). And, off topic (kinda), but I really just consider the Oracle games as side-games. I mean, they're just alternate versions of each other. They way they're set, it's not like one's after the other. It's basically just alternate stories. (Now, there's the thing with Ganon, but I think that was just put in as a fun little things for the fans that actually linked the games. That wasn't really part of either story.)

startimer

Resident Cartographer
If you're gonna talk about the Oracle games' placement, be more specific about it. Don't just blatantly say where they belong without backing it up. That doesn't get anywhere (unless you've already stated why and are just repeating it). And, off topic (kinda), but I really just consider the Oracle games as side-games. I mean, they're just alternate versions of each other. They way they're set, it's not like one's after the other. It's basically just alternate stories. (Now, there's the thing with Ganon, but I think that was just put in as a fun little things for the fans that actually linked the games. That wasn't really part of either story.)

Like I said, I had originally intended to explain both of my points, but my post didn't submit correctly and I rellay didn't feel like typing he whole thing again.
Anyway, they go on the child timeline because Twinrova is still alive. Yes, that's really the only reason. But hey, that's really the only thing connecting them to any other game (besides each other), and considering the entire plotline revolves around Twinrova and thier attemp to revive Ganon...

You know what, I just remembered I already typed up a post a while ago saying exactly where the oracles go and why... Hold on, I'll get that real quick...

EDIT: Here we go. I bolded the part about Twinrova

Hey there, It's been awhile.
There are too many details to keep track of and I change my mind too much for me to develop a full timeline (if there's still one in my sig ignore it, I haven't updated it in months.), but I will sometimes put a few little pieces together.

That aside, I've been playing the Oracle titles a lot recently, and examining them in detail. There's a cozy little niche on the timeline that the games fit into nicely, and while you probably already figured this out yourself, I think I might as well post it just for the heck of it.

First of all, the facts:

1. Twinrova
Twinrova is alive. They/she/it died in OoT, but are still alive on the child timeline. Sure, you could dismiss this as a simple cameo or minor detail, but seriously; They're the main antagonists, penultimate boss and driving force behind the events of both games. That goes beyond a cameo. Oracles go on the child timeline.

2. Ganon
Ganon is dead. DEAD dead. The plot of the games revolves around Twinrova trying to revive him.So far ganons died in, let's see... LoZ, ALttP, WW, and TP. Whether he died or not in WW and TP is debateble, but I'll include them anyway, since they get ruled out eventually. LoZ and ALttp work fine, for now, so let's look at the others. WW is on the adult timeline, It is Ganondorf and not Ganon that died, Whether he's actually dead is debateable, plus he's on the bottom of the ocean with a sword in his head. Taken alone, most of those details could be dismissed, but altogether WW get's ruled out. Same for TP: he died in human form and his death is debatable. TP could still work, but let's look at the last point...

3. The Triforce
While the triforce doesn't play a much of a part in the story of the oracle titles, it's still thier. Starting up either game treats you to a nice scene where link finds the triforce in a castle.
Now, looking at the games I picked out before...
In WW, the triforce scatters, and it's not clear (at least to me) what becomes of it, but WW is ruled out anyway. I'm also not sure what happened to it in TP, fill me in if you want, but I'm still pretty sure TP is out. ALttP makes it very clear that the Triforce was left in the sacred realm. And in LoZ/Aol... Link finds all three of the pieces through the course of both games, and places the completed triforce in North Palace.

Now, see where this niche is? THe castle you see in the intro would be North Palace. OoX falls on the child timeline, directly (not imediately, just with no other titles in between) after AoL. It fits. It works.

What do you think? Sound logical enough? Or do you disagree?

EDIT: Note that this is from an OoX prospective. Other evidence could put LoZ/AoL on the Adult timeline, but I'm not really looking at LoZ/AoL. THis is about where OoX fits best.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Various things... THe possibility of multiple Master Swords (proposterous if you ask me), whether FSA Ganon is the same, a reincarnation, or completely seperate from OoT Ganon, the origins of the Hero's Clothes, and some less important things.

Thanks.

Multiple Master Swords: Technically PH shows us that swords can be reforged, but looking at everything behind the Master Sword's creation (sages empowering it, for example), I highly doubt this is the case.

FSA Ganon: Definitely a different Ganondorf. A different Ganon too. FSA Ganondorf takes on a Trident with evil powers and becomes a new Ganon. To say otherwise is...well baseless.

Hero's clothes: They have different origins throughout the series. OoT Link obviously didn't start the tradition though, as SS Link wears them.

OoX comming on the child timeline: Really, OoX simply has to go after wherever ALttP goes as OoX is its direct sequel (or atleast was at one point), but I'll argue this nonetheless.
When OoX was released, the timeline was something like this:

OoT-ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA-LoZ/AoL
..\MM

OoX was on the adult timeline then, meaning Twinrova's presence was not important. Why would it be now?

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Thanks.

Multiple Master Swords: Technically PH shows us that swords can be reforged, but looking at everything behind the Master Sword's creation (sages empowering it, for example), I highly doubt this is the case.

FSA Ganon: Definitely a different Ganondorf. A different Ganon too. FSA Ganondorf takes on a Trident with evil powers and becomes a new Ganon. To say otherwise is...well baseless.

Hero's clothes: They have different origins throughout the series. OoT Link obviously didn't start the tradition though, as SS Link wears them.

OoX comming on the child timeline: Really, OoX simply has to go after wherever ALttP goes as OoX is its direct sequel (or atleast was at one point), but I'll argue this nonetheless.
When OoX was released, the timeline was something like this:

OoT-ALttP/OoS/OoA/LA-LoZ/AoL
..\MM

OoX was on the adult timeline then, meaning Twinrova's presence was not important. Why would it be now?

I agree with all this exept the OoX part. I honestly have no idea why so many people think that OoX is a sequel to ALttP. I have played all three games (ALttP and both oracles) through several times and I've seen no evidence to support them being related. Please enlighten me if I missed something.

I agree with all this exept the OoX part. I honestly have no idea why so many people think that OoX is a sequel to ALttP. I have played all three games (ALttP and both oracles) through several times and I've seen no evidence to support them being related. Please enlighten me if I missed something.

I think most people think it is because OoX seem to be a prequel for LA. And this game was considerd to be a direct sequel to ALttP. So the logical Timeline would be ALttP/OoX/LA. (That's not my theory, I just wanted to show why people think it is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom