• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Master Swords Timeline Theory (Skyward Sword is NOT the 1st Game!)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That doesn't really answer anything I said. It's not sound to suggest that because Ganon died in the ocean, a reincarnation is impossible. There are no holes with placing FSA after TWW as far as Ganon is concerned.

Yeah, I got angry on the last part, and I'm sorry for that. (Thanks for not saying anything about it.)

Anyway, I'm saying the reincarnation is impossible because he's a Gerudo. And the Gerudos don't exist in The Wind Waker. And, yeah, the Link in The Wind Waker wasn't Hylian and had no connection to the Hero of Time, but that was because a new Hero was needed to stop Ganondorf again. So I doubt that the gods/goddesses are going to make a reincarnation of Ganon just so there can be another Hero. They're not gonna put their land in peril just because they're bored or something.

Oh, and I didn't say Ganon beat Veran and Onox. When I said "he" I meant Link. I mean, who else would I have meant?

And, yes, I know that the FSA Ganon can't be a revival of the WW Ganon...because the FS games aren't in the "Adult Timeline." You're seriously misunderstanding about 75% of the stuff I'm saying.

Wait, there are Gerudos in FSA? How? (...Unless...) Well, it was never actually stated that the Gerudos are extinct in Twilight Princess, they just weren't seen. The Gerudo Desert is vast and surely only has certain parts that are inhabitable, making the area the Bulblins are just a part of the desert the Gerudo lived in. Maybe they fled or were killed there and there are others living somewhere else. Who knows? Even all that is just speculation. And, since Ganondorf was still alive, another King being born probably wouldn't happen. So, that would make sense on that part. But, again, all of this is just speculation, nothing that can be proven. (Or disproven.)

Last edited:
Anyway, I'm saying the reincarnation is impossible because he's a Gerudo. And the Gerudos don't exist in The Wind Waker.

We don't know they don't exist somewhere on the Great Sea because they're not seen; it's the same logic you used with TP in your last paragraph.

And, yeah, the Link in The Wind Waker wasn't Hylian and had no connection to the Hero of Time, but that was because a new Hero was needed to stop Ganondorf again. So I doubt that the gods/goddesses are going to make a reincarnation of Ganon just so there can be another Hero. They're not gonna put their land in peril just because they're bored or something.

Well, TWW Link could be related to Hylians since ALttP implies you need to be related to the knight clan in order to wield the Master Sword, but it's true he's probably not related to the Hero of Time. As for events recurring overtime, it just happens. Ganondorf's removed dying speech in TP actually implies as long as there's a hero, there will be evil to go against it, and vice versa; this is why so many people put FSA after TP or TWW. Plus, the Goddesses are presumably neutral in Hyrule's struggles as deities are often portrayed.

Really, your argument of "they're not gonna put their land in peril just because they're bored or something" can be used to question why every Zelda game happens. Why would the goddesses let Ganondorf get the Triforce in the first place? Why would they flood their own land? Why would they let Vaati terrorize Hyrule? Etc. So, we probably shouldn't go there.

Oh, and I didn't say Ganon beat Veran and Onox. When I said "he" I meant Link. I mean, who else would I have meant?

Sorry, I wasn't sure. But, in that case, Onox and Veran were defeated, yes. After that, Link goes to the Room of Rites and battles Twinrova. Twinrova was ultimately the catalyst for the revival, so I'm not sure I'm seeing the problem, here.

And, yes, I know that the FSA Ganon can't be a revival of the WW Ganon...because the FS games aren't in the "Adult Timeline." You're seriously misunderstanding about 75% of the stuff I'm saying.

Well, my argument applied to the child timeline as well, not just the adult timeline. Assuming a revival of Ganon on either timeline creates problems. That Gerudo woman in FSA shouldn't know all about OoT Ganondorf's past as if she witnessed it in FSA Ganondorf's life (she describes how he was twisted as he grew older.)

Wait, there are Gerudos in FSA? How? (...Unless...) Well, it was never actually stated that the Gerudos are extinct in Twilight Princess, they just weren't seen. The Gerudo Desert is vast and surely only has certain parts that are inhabitable, making the area the Bulblins are just a part of the desert the Gerudo lived in. Maybe they fled or were killed there and there are others living somewhere else. Who knows? Even all that is just speculation. And, since Ganondorf was still alive, another King being born probably wouldn't happen. So, that would make sense on that part. But, again, all of this is just speculation, nothing that can be proven. (Or disproven.)

It's the same with the adult timeline: we don't see the Gerudo on the part of the Great Sea we explore, so it can't be concluded that they're definitely gone. For all we know, they became pirates elsewhere just like the pirates in Majora's Mask. Because of this, the Gerudo simply must reappear on either side of the timeline.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Well, with the Great Sea, we can assume the Gerudos are dead, as the entire desert would have been flooded. I mean, come on. I don't think they're surviving *that* one. Even if, they're all females, and they're not people who have boats. So...yeah, they'd die out in The Wind Waker either way.

What I'm talking about with the goddesses not reincarnating Ganondorf so the land wouldn't be in peril is that they wouldn't create the danger themselves. If someone comes along out of his own power, there's nothing they can do about that (well, they *could,* but that wouldn't be right of them to stop it on their own). And, I like how you mentioned the flooding of Hyrule. ...That was them protecting their people, not putting them in peril. The people asked for help, and the gods/goddesses can only provide protection, not just destroy an evil that comes on their own (especially with Ganondorf/Ganon having the Triforce of Power). This again goes back to it not being right to stopping the evil on their own. Even in flooding Hyrule the gods/goddesses didn't ultimately *stop* Ganondorf. They just bought some time for their people.

Actually, it's stated that Link isn't related to the Hero of Time in The Wind Waker. The King of Red Lions says that himself. The only people in the story that are left of the Royal Family (or the Hylians) in The Wind Waker are the King and Tetra.

I thought that the Twinrova in the Oracle games *was* Onox and Veran. It says that they combined their powers to revive Ganon, so... (I haven't played it, but I've seen a screenshot, in which it actually says "Knox" instead of "Onox" [fail], where it says that they combined their powers and, if I remember correctly, to become Twinrova.)

We can't say for sure that the Gerudo watched Ganondorf grow up. That was probably just in legend of their people that he became corrupted over time. That sure sounds a lot like the Ganondorf we know...

The Gerudo Pirates are in Termina only, as they're in an alternate dimension. Not nessesarily a parallel dimension, but an alternate one, nonetheless. That's why they're pirates in Termina. The Gorons don't live on a volcano in Termina. The Zoras live in the ocean rather than in an origin of a river that leads to a lake. Lots of things are different in Termina. It's not like they moved and became pirates. They always were. (And don't say we can't prove that because I don't see any other alternative, as there's no desert. And don't say Ikana, either. That's just reading into stuff that's not there, and it's not really a desert. Plus, that would just be giving rights to say that all the races moved. Come on... I don't think that'd be the case.)

I gotta say, though, you have great logic. All the things that you say have merit. You're good.

Well, with the Great Sea, we can assume the Gerudos are dead, as the entire desert would have been flooded. I mean, come on. I don't think they're surviving *that* one. Even if, they're all females, and they're not people who have boats. So...yeah, they'd die out in The Wind Waker either way.

I thought that the Twinrova in the Oracle games *was* Onox and Veran. It says that they combined their powers to revive Ganon, so... (I haven't played it, but I've seen a screenshot, in which it actually says "Knox" instead of "Onox" [fail], where it says that they combined their powers and, if I remember correctly, to become Twinrova.)

The Gerudo Pirates are in Termina only, as they're in an alternate dimension. Not nessesarily a parallel dimension, but an alternate one, nonetheless. That's why they're pirates in Termina. The Gorons don't live on a volcano in Termina. The Zoras live in the ocean rather than in an origin of a river that leads to a lake. Lots of things are different in Termina. It's not like they moved and became pirates. They always were. (And don't say we can't prove that because I don't see any other alternative, as there's no desert. And don't say Ikana, either. That's just reading into stuff that's not there, and it's not really a desert. Plus, that would just be giving rights to say that all the races moved. Come on... I don't think that'd be the case.)

I've played both Oracle games many times(they are my favorite zelda-games) and I can say for sure that Twinrova isn't Onox or Veran. Twinrova are just the two gerudo wiches Koume and Kotake who raised Ganon in OoT and who try to revive him in OoX( also some people don't belive they are the same in OoT and OoX). They can combined to become a younger which known as Twinrova who has both the fire power of Koume and the ice magic of Kotake.

If you look at the map from WW you'll notice it's similarity to the Hyrule from OoT. in the northeast the volcanic Dragon Roost Island stands where Death Mountain would be, the Forest Haven is at the same point as the Kokiri wood and Windfall could be Castel town or Kakriko. If you now look closly you'll notice that that the Forsaken Fortress is where the Gerudo desert would be. And some in WW sayed that a group of Pirates once lived there. So yes it's possible that the Gerudo become pirates and moved into another part of the Great sea when Ganon arrives( don't forget Nabooru betrayded Ganon in OoT and joind Link to fight him, so it's very likely that Ganon was very angry with them.)

And the Zoras lived in the ocean in OoA too. And pleas don't say Labrynna was an other dimension than Hyrule. I've played the games so many times I promise you they aren't.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I've played both Oracle games many times(they are my favorite zelda-games) and I can say for sure that Twinrova isn't Onox or Veran. Twinrova are just the two gerudo wiches Koume and Kotake who raised Ganon in OoT and who try to revive him in OoX( also some people don't belive they are the same in OoT and OoX). They can combined to become a younger which known as Twinrova who has both the fire power of Koume and the ice magic of Kotake.

If you look at the map from WW you'll notice it's similarity to the Hyrule from OoT. in the northeast the volcanic Dragon Roost Island stands where Death Mountain would be, the Forest Haven is at the same point as the Kokiri wood and Windfall could be Castel town or Kakriko. If you now look closly you'll notice that that the Forsaken Fortress is where the Gerudo desert would be. And some in WW sayed that a group of Pirates once lived there. So yes it's possible that the Gerudo become pirates and moved into another part of the Great sea when Ganon arrives( don't forget Nabooru betrayded Ganon in OoT and joind Link to fight him, so it's very likely that Ganon was very angry with them.)

And the Zoras lived in the ocean in OoA too. And pleas don't say Labrynna was an other dimension than Hyrule. I've played the games so many times I promise you they aren't.

Yes, but the Gerudo weren't pirates in the "child timeline," now were they? I understand the argument, and I thought of it myself, but...it just doesn't seem like that'd work. I mean, they were used to the desert, and then all a sudden some change like *that?* I don't think they'd survive. But, whatever. I still say Ganondorf wouldn't be reincarnated by the goddesses. It just doesn't make sense that they would do that.

I haven't beaten Oracle of Ages (I lost the game), so I don't know anything about the Zoras there.

Yes, but the Gerudo weren't pirates in the "child timeline," now were they? I understand the argument, and I thought of it myself, but...it just doesn't seem like that'd work. I mean, they were used to the desert, and then all a sudden some change like *that?* I don't think they'd survive. But, whatever. I still say Ganondorf wouldn't be reincarnated by the goddesses. It just doesn't make sense that they would do that.

Remeber OoT when the Gorons almost died out becaus they couldn't eat specific rocks??? They lived in a volcano and even they were able to survive the Great flood. They become salesmen and started to live on rafts. And I'm sure if they were able to survive the Gerudos were too. And remember the speach of Ganon in WW when he talks about how the winds in the desert only bring death and how he wished he could have lived in Hyrule. This implys that the Gerudo didn't lived in the desert because they wanted to, but because they must for some reason we don't know(I think they were banished their for being thieves, but I have no prove for this). So I'm pretty sure they welcome the flood and the live as a pirate insead of dying out because of it. And one more evidence for them still being alive is the flood itself. The goddessess flooded Hyrule to save the people of Hyrule from Ganon. And after OoT they were against him. So why would the goddessess save every nation of Hyrule except to Gerudos???

How did everyone else survive, then? We're told that people fled for the mountains in order to escape the ensuing flood, and the Gerudo could have easily done the same. As for boats, those are presumably necessities built after they had already fled for the mountains.

What I'm talking about with the goddesses not reincarnating Ganondorf so the land wouldn't be in peril is that they wouldn't create the danger themselves. If someone comes along out of his own power, there's nothing they can do about that (well, they *could,* but that wouldn't be right of them to stop it on their own). And, I like how you mentioned the flooding of Hyrule. ...That was them protecting their people, not putting them in peril. The people asked for help, and the gods/goddesses can only provide protection, not just destroy an evil that comes on their own (especially with Ganondorf/Ganon having the Triforce of Power). This again goes back to it not being right to stopping the evil on their own. Even in flooding Hyrule the gods/goddesses didn't ultimately *stop* Ganondorf. They just bought some time for their people.

Well, having Ganondorf be born before OoT starts would be the Goddesses creating danger just the same as letting him be born before FSA starts, no? It seems like just as much of a flaw for Ganondorf to be born before OoT if they already know he's going to be evil just as it is with FSA. We're also led to believe that FSA Ganondorf wasn't always bad; he just grew more twisted as he grew older. Good point on the flood, though.

Actually, it's stated that Link isn't related to the Hero of Time in The Wind Waker. The King of Red Lions says that himself. The only people in the story that are left of the Royal Family (or the Hylians) in The Wind Waker are the King and Tetra.

I agree he's not related to the Hero of Time, and it seems I was mistaken about ALttP. The qualifications for one to be related to the knight clan in order to wield the Master Sword only applys to the Great Cataclysm, which means it only relates to ALttP itself. So, I'll concede TWW Link may not be Hylian at all.

Ah, I see where we are confused now. OoX says that Veran and Onox came from the Dark Realm/Dark World, I believe. Twinrova recruited them to further her plot of resurrecting Ganon. Twinrova herself/themselves are separate from Onox and Veran.

We can't say for sure that the Gerudo watched Ganondorf grow up. That was probably just in legend of their people that he became corrupted over time. That sure sounds a lot like the Ganondorf we know...

The way it's phrased would suggest it's not a legend and actual (somewhat) recent history.

Once every 100 years, a special child is born unto my people. That child is destined to be the mighty guardian of the Gerudo and the desert. But this child, its heart grew twisted with every passing year. The child became a man who hungered for power at any price.

There's an implied familiarity with this Ganondorf, which would suggest he grew up with this Gerudo clan.

I'm just saying we've essentially seen Gerudos on water before, and that very well be what could have happened. I don't think it's unlikely that the Gerudo could have fled for the mountains since everyone else apparently did.

I gotta say, though, you have great logic. All the things that you say have merit. You're good.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. You also corrected me on a few things, as well.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
How did everyone else survive, then? We're told that people fled for the mountains in order to escape the ensuing flood, and the Gerudo could have easily done the same. As for boats, those are presumably necessities built after they had already fled for the mountains.

Well, having Ganondorf be born before OoT starts would be the Goddesses creating danger just the same as letting him be born before FSA starts, no? It seems like just as much of a flaw for Ganondorf to be born before OoT if they already know he's going to be evil just as it is with FSA. We're also led to believe that FSA Ganondorf wasn't always bad; he just grew more twisted as he grew older. Good point on the flood, though.

I agree he's not related to the Hero of Time, and it seems I was mistaken about ALttP. The qualifications for one to be related to the knight clan in order to wield the Master Sword only applys to the Great Cataclysm, which means it only relates to ALttP itself. So, I'll concede TWW Link may not be Hylian at all.

Ah, I see where we are confused now. OoX says that Veran and Onox came from the Dark Realm/Dark World, I believe. Twinrova recruited them to further her plot of resurrecting Ganon. Twinrova herself/themselves are separate from Onox and Veran.

The way it's phrased would suggest it's not a legend and actual (somewhat) recent history.

There's an implied familiarity with this Ganondorf, which would suggest he grew up with this Gerudo clan.

I'm just saying we've essentially seen Gerudos on water before, and that very well be what could have happened. I don't think it's unlikely that the Gerudo could have fled for the mountains since everyone else apparently did.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. You also corrected me on a few things, as well.

I thought it was stated that new races entirely were created. Save the Rito, but the Zoras could have survived the flood. They wouldn't have lived long, though, so the gods gave them their new abilities of flying and brought along Valoo. Well, I don't know.

Once again, allowing him to be born isn't creating danger, just letting things happen because they can't intervene with things like that without going against what they intended. Plus, that'd be screwing with the Gerudo's "male born every 100 years" thing. And I don't think another male would be born with Ganondorf still around. That's just me though. What I'm saying is they wouldn't intentionally create another Ganondorf to terrorize their people. It's kind of a free will thing.

And, yeah, you're one of the few people that can debate with me and keep up properly. I kinda like that.

This is strange. This has deviated so far from the original topic. Well, I guess that's kind of a good thing. The original topic was kinda...out there.

I thought it was stated that new races entirely were created. Save the Rito, but the Zoras could have survived the flood. They wouldn't have lived long, though, so the gods gave them their new abilities of flying and brought along Valoo. Well, I don't know.

Well, there are new races in TWW, but the humans came from somewhere, right? If it's assumed old Hyrule's humans ran to the mountains, the same could be theorized about the Gerudos. There's no information either way, whether they survived or not, but the possibility exists. Interestingly, the Forsaken Fortress had some Gerudo symbols, I think, but I'll need to check again.

Once again, allowing him to be born isn't creating danger, just letting things happen because they can't intervene with things like that without going against what they intended. Plus, that'd be screwing with the Gerudo's "male born every 100 years" thing. And I don't think another male would be born with Ganondorf still around. That's just me though. What I'm saying is they wouldn't intentionally create another Ganondorf to terrorize their people. It's kind of a free will thing.

If allowing him to be born isn't creating danger, then I will point out that Ganondorf in FSA wasn't necessarily born twisted and only became that way as time went on. We don't know how the goddesses work, but I think that if Hyrule is put in any danger, there will be a Link around to save it, so that may be their way of making sure things stay at peace; that can apply to FSA Ganondorf since although he was born, he was pretty much immediately thwarted. If the goddesses can see the future, so they would know that FSA Ganondorf would turn out bad, then they should have foreseen that OoT Ganondorf would also be bad. If they don't foretell the future, they may have thought FSA Ganondorf wasn't bad at all since he probably wasn't born evil.

And whether another Gerudo male can be born while another is still alive is a murky subject because we're never given anything empirical that can let us say one way or another for sure if two Gerudo males can coexist if one just has an unnaturally long lifespan.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Well, there are new races in TWW, but the humans came from somewhere, right? If it's assumed old Hyrule's humans ran to the mountains, the same could be theorized about the Gerudos. There's no information either way, whether they survived or not, but the possibility exists. Interestingly, the Forsaken Fortress had some Gerudo symbols, I think, but I'll need to check again.

If allowing him to be born isn't creating danger, then I will point out that Ganondorf in FSA wasn't necessarily born twisted and only became that way as time went on. We don't know how the goddesses work, but I think that if Hyrule is put in any danger, there will be a Link around to save it, so that may be their way of making sure things stay at peace; that can apply to FSA Ganondorf since although he was born, he was pretty much immediately thwarted. If the goddesses can see the future, so they would know that FSA Ganondorf would turn out bad, then they should have foreseen that OoT Ganondorf would also be bad. If they don't foretell the future, they may have thought FSA Ganondorf wasn't bad at all since he probably wasn't born evil.

And whether another Gerudo male can be born while another is still alive is a murky subject because we're never given anything empirical that can let us say one way or another for sure if two Gerudo males can coexist if one just has an unnaturally long lifespan.

What I meant was that new people were created so the islands could be inhabited.

Again, they can't interfere with things like people being born. But they wouldn't reincarnate an evil. They only reincarnate the Hero and Zelda.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
@OP: What the big N says is law when it comes to this series. Refusing to accept that is just being stubborn.

@Everyoneelse: As interesting as that debate is, aren't you going off topic just a bit? Maybe not. I haven't read through all the posts yet. I'm gonna go ahead and do that, then if I feel I need to add something I'll join in.

EDIT:

Okay, I scanned the debate, and this is just my opinion on some of the topics I saw come up:

First of all, I do believe there are two Ganon's. The FSA Ganon has a completely differen't backstory than OoT's Ganondorf, they couldn't possibly be the same. A reincarnation, maybe. And there's a differerence between REVIVAL and REINCARNATION. FSA Ganon may have OoT Ganon's soul, but it's still a different body, different family, different memories.

Then about the Oracles... they fit no worse than any other game, and you can't just exclude them entirely. Believe it or not, they are canon, and they have to go somewhere. Due to Twinrova being alive, that somewhere is on the Child timeline, but where specifically is uncertain.

And... what? No new races where created in WW. It's called EVOLUTION. The races from OoT fled to the mountaintops to survive the flood (explicitely stated somewhere, I'd have to find it.). Any new races are just the result of old races adapting to thier new homes (case in point: Zora->Rito).

What else...? Eh, I think that's a good start. I'll add some more if I get more into the debate.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What I meant was that new people were created so the islands could be inhabited.
Not that I recall. The islands were populated by the people of Hyrule who were commanded to take refuge from the flood.

Again, they can't interfere with things like people being born. But they wouldn't reincarnate an evil. They only reincarnate the Hero and Zelda.
I think it's really dangerous to be discussing the goddesses' nature since we know so little about them. There's also some evidence suggesting they don't take much part in their creation at all, and that the closest thing to their power governing creation is the Triforce. This is often described as enforcing balance. I see no reason to think that the goddesses would favor Courage and Wisdom over Power, if they show any favor at all. I also don't think it's fair to say that they can't interfere with things. They created the world and were able to to flood it - I think they have plenty of power. The issue then is will, which I addressed earlier.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Not that I recall. The islands were populated by the people of Hyrule who were commanded to take refuge from the flood.

I think it's really dangerous to be discussing the goddesses' nature since we know so little about them. There's also some evidence suggesting they don't take much part in their creation at all, and that the closest thing to their power governing creation is the Triforce. This is often described as enforcing balance. I see no reason to think that the goddesses would favor Courage and Wisdom over Power, if they show any favor at all. I also don't think it's fair to say that they can't interfere with things. They created the world and were able to to flood it - I think they have plenty of power. The issue then is will, which I addressed earlier.

I didn't say they favor one over the other. I said I don't think they'd reincarnate an evil just so another Hero could come along to save the day.

But...wouldn't they have not forgotten the legend of the Hero of Time? I mean, they didn't all those other years. I don't think the Hylians would have considered it just legend, even if they lived on the mountain tops. It said that it survived on the wind's breath. ...That sounds like it was just barely known after the flood happened.

I didn't say they favor one over the other. I said I don't think they'd reincarnate an evil just so another Hero could come along to save the day.

But...wouldn't they have not forgotten the legend of the Hero of Time? I mean, they didn't all those other years. I don't think the Hylians would have considered it just legend, even if they lived on the mountain tops. It said that it survived on the wind's breath. ...That sounds like it was just barely known after the flood happened.

You must imagine you were one of the Hylian. After OoT Ganon attacked Hyrule agian. They did know that he could travle time(thats why he's call Hero of Time) but they weren't familiar with how exact this worked. They also didn't know that Link changend the past, so a alterd futur was created and that he's unable to ever go back on the adult timeline. They only know he disapeard and that he can timetravel. So they hoped he would return to save them. but he didn't and in the end their homes were flooded and they had to live on the mountain tops. I have no evidenc for this but I can imagin they would blame the hero of time for the flood. It seams logical to me. before the flood they told their childeren the Hero-of-time-story to honor him, but after the flood they just stop, so the legend was lost. I know only a theory, but I think thats very possible

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I have no evidenc for this but I can imagin they would blame the hero of time for the flood. It seams logical to me. before the flood they told their childeren the Hero-of-time-story to honor him, but after the flood they just stop, so the legend was lost. I know only a theory, but I think thats very possible
On a certain island, it is customary to dress up a boy who has come of age in the hero's garb to honor the HoT. And as Juicie said, the legend survived on the wind's breath. I'm not sure why he brought that up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom