• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Thoughts on Link's New Ragdolling Function?

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I've always found ragdolling hilarious in any game it's in. There's just something so satisfying about seeing a character flopping around like that XD
And you could say that objects in BoTW also have it, as they are affected by any topology as well, which is why you can roll boulders down hills and such, which is awesome

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I find it very entertaining. I cant say that it bothers me too much, except when you get surrounded by stone pebblits who just punch you back and forth. They should put a limit on that like how they made you invulnerable until you're back on your feet. That's about all I could say that's bad about.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I find it very entertaining. I cant say that it bothers me too much, except when you get surrounded by stone pebblits who just punch you back and forth. They should put a limit on that like how they made you invulnerable until you're back on your feet. That's about all I could say that's bad about.
Or they could make the animation faster so that "I can literally scale rock ceilings with my bare hands" link doesnt roll around on the ground in pain for 5 minutes because he got punched in the leg

ChimeraWarden

I hear thunder, pitter patter..
I think it’s a nice addition that fits with the open-world theme. Not to mention you can use it to your advantage to negate damage from enemies. However, there are just one or two slopes that suck down your health if you get flung down them.

I find it hilarious and now that I know what I'm doing in the game, I often times won't mash out of a ragdoll and let it happen as long as it can because it's overly dramatic and disproportionate to the blow Link may have taken most of the time... but for those same reasons it was especially a nuisance for me starting out and it was something I had to just get used to and accept as it was. Can be an ingredient for fun and disastrous memey goodness, but that mixed with the fall damage of this game does make certain gameplay tasks a bit hard to learn how to make do with the system, and avoid situations where ragdolling may be excessive to the point recovering is essentially, not an option. Nothing worse than getting batted off a cliff and then basically having to forfeit a fight because you have to climb all the way back up there, and don't wanna even bother.

Sidenote, I think the one thing about the ragdolling that I will despise to this day is if Link even just slightly rolls, even briefly, it will take a quarter heart, even though he hardly moved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom