• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

MM-3DS Things You've Noticed

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
For those of you who have been playing the newly released MM3D , what are some of the differences you've noticed from the N64 version? These differences can be very little to the big things like the fishing holes.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
It seemed like there were a lot of little things that changed. The location where you learn the Song of Soaring changed amd came earlier....stray fairies in different places, and the baby Goron's father was frozen in a different location.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Is he really? In the N64 version, his location changed depending on what day it was.

Oh, I thought he could only be found on the third day next to the pond below the Goron Shrine in the original. In the 3DS version, he was only found on the frozen lake near the Goron Race Track on any day.

The 2nd key is no longer on the ledge in the water room in stone tower and I have no idea where it is so haven't been able to progress past that part.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
- Heart Piece from shooting magical witch sorceress thing is replaced with a bottle
- Bombers locations changed
- Bombers Notebook is obtained earlier and differently
- Stray Fairy locations are different
- Odolwa battle has been changed slightly (haven't beaten Snowhead yet so I'm unsure if the others were as well)
- A lot of Owl Statues moved, but they're still in the general area
- Kaepora Gaebora is encountered as soon as you enter Southern Swamp, meaning the Song of Soaring is learned a lot earlier than in the original.
- Rainbow Stairs in the Astral Observatory are gone
- Deku Link now has a... thing on the back of his cap that comes out when he spins, which is what damages things (can't remember if that was in the original or not)
- Fishing Holes are added, and as a result, prizes for the "3-Day Games" are now Fishing Passes.

I'm sure there are more subtle changes, this is just what I noticed.

Lusoric

What have I done?
it looked like the Mask on the Gorman Brothers when you do the milk mission is different.

Looks kinda like the ghost/aliens?

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
I made a list of over 100 things that I saw changed, both small and large. Some notable ones are:
-7th Bottle sidequest added
-Song of soaring location moved
-Song of soaring and deku merchant "cutscenes" now are skippable
-All boss battles changed
-Save system updated
-Changes to how each form functions (don't need to hold down A for goron roll, Zora swim mechanic changed, etc.)
-Garo mask changed to look like Garo Master
-3 save files now
-Clock on screen changed
-Press R while flying as Deku to see landing point
-Bubble shooting changed
-Bombers and a couple stray fairies moved
-The Goron elder in Mountain Village is out in the open now
-The Giant's Mask no longer uses a sword
-You can choose where on the item screen you want to put your items

There are tons more, just a few here that I thought I would share.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
The Zora mask no longer flows as easily, there are a few stray fairies in different places, stone mask location is very different and considerably harder to get, and there were a lot of other things. The list is rather long.

HeroOfHyrule64

The "Not Tingle" Map Seller
Well, for one, Deku Link is so much more enjoyable personally. :D Also, yes, I noticed the Bombers' Notebook is obtained differently.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I enjoyed the majority of the changes especially the stone mask it felt a lot more worthwhile when getting it ^^ the only change i dislike intensely is the zora swim controls i once used to frolic in great bay being a majestic dolphin breaching the sea but now its more like a belabored sea cow... way to kill awesome eh?

The greatest change which i think rocks pop rocks is the Twinmold battle, i love how you can still fight that red one at the start shooting it with Light Arrows but i also love the full out wrestling with it as a giant ^^.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom