• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things to Bring Back in Zelda Wii

M

MasterSword

Recently I've been playing Zelda games such as A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, then i played Twilight Princess. I had already beaten TP but I didn't realize some classic things that it was missing, such as the magic meter, the ocarina, bombchus (I know they had bomlings but they can't walk up walls), the light, ice, and fire arrows, upgrading you're sword, mirror shield, golden gaunlets, and probably more than that too. My point is don't you think that it would be nice to bring these things back in Zelda Wii. Tell me which thing(s) you think should come back.

Oh, and one more thing, I think it would be cool to bring bombos, ether, and quake back from A Link to the Past and see what they would look like in 3D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would want to see...

- Magic meter
- Sword beam
- Old music
- A blacksmith (like in MM)
- Spells
- The Ocarina
- Mirror Shield

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I'd like them to bring back the Ocarina. HOWEVER, I wouldn't want it to play the kind of part it did in OoT I'd like it just for side quests and for calling Epona. Kinda like the horsecall, but slightly more useful. You could use it to like play people songs to put them to sleep and such, they would reward you with rupees or a heart piece.

As for the fire and ice arrows. Personally I'd rather see the return of the bomb arrows. They were ALOT cooler and more effective. Magic meter would of course be a nice addition, I'm confused as to why they took it out of TP. Personally, I don't think Bombchu's are a classic thing at all. They've only been in a few games and I really dislike the way they are used. Of course though, honestly, who wouldn't want to see the return of the mirror shield? This is my favourite Zelda item. I'd also like to see the Magic Armour again, but not using Rupees this time.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Instead of the ocarina, they should bring back wolf Link and allow you to howl songs whenever you wanted that had effects of the ocarina songs (i.e. night to day and day to night whenever you wanted.) I also think that wolf Link should be given abilities superior to human Link's and that you could transform into him whenever you want from the start. I'd like it if they brought back Sheik, but the only problem is everyone would already know she's Zelda. I also agree with bringing the mirror shield back, but I wouldn't want the magic meter because it was always tedious to find the fairy that could double the meter.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
I want to see

Magic meter
some kind of musical instrument, the ocarina is getting kinda old now
fire ice and light arrows
mirror shield
some kind of magical transformation thing like in MM
The megaton hammer
power bracelets

Honestly, I liked it better when there wasn't a magic meter. It was a nice break, and it's not something I want to return in the next console game. I didn't mind the fact that elemental arrows were left out either, but it would be nice to have them back as well as the light arrows. Other than that, I really don't care if they don't put anything from past games in. It's refreshing to not have rehashed concepts over and over again as the games are created.

M

MasterSword

I wouldn't mind not having the magic meter either because some items you need to use depend on it, but how would we be able to use the elemental arrows?

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would really like to see them bring back a heavier use of magic and also the experience points in the vain of Adventure of Link.

I have been replaying it recently, and there's a great deal of strategy on upgrading yourself -- which you should upgrade first and whether or not you take the free upgrade from the boss battle as soon as you defeat him or if you come back to get it once you've levelled yourself.

The heavier, smarter, more frequent use of magic from Adventure of Link would also be nice. It's a bit of skill in order to manage the meter knowing you get drops of full replenishment at certain points and only minor ones elsewhere. Having to use shield, jump and maybe even fairy magic would be something interesting. Although they wouldn't just wear off when you leave a room I suppose, but maybe would be timed with a bar that runs down to tell you when your time is up.

It's these elements that would bring back an old mechanic and make it new again by implementing it for the first time in over 20 years.

I also think the overworld theme needs to make a more prominent return. I loved the Hyrule Field theme from TP, but I got chills when I heard the original theme played in the end credits. The little few-note trills of the theme throughout the game weren't enough. It's been since MM (If I'm not mistaken) that we had the theme prominently featured on an overworld setting, and I think it's time to come back.

It should be made into adaptable music like the TP theme was though. You'd have it play slow for rest, fast for running, choral for Epona, tense for fights, and dark for night. I know some composers like to move away from the familiar and try new things sometimes, but with the heavy use of ALttP's Ganon and Zelda themes throught the series, I don't see why we should forget what is considered Link's, or the Hero's theme.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Peanutjoepap pretty much said what I was going to xD
The only other thing I can think of is items like the Magic Cape from LttP- being invisible, although only for a short period, was AWESOME. Zelda Wii should have a few less-plot-oriented-more-unnecessary-but-cool items like that :)

EDIT: Also, something I completely forgot earlier: the enemy weapons from WW.
I loved how you could pick up and use enemy swords/spears/sticks, as well as how other enemies could pick them up, like Darknuts can use Moblin spears. I thought that was a step foward and was definitely more realistic, but for whatever reason they left it out of "realistic" TP :\
That's probably the number one thing I want to make a return in Zelda Wii though.

...there was something else as well, but I don't remember now it comes to typing it :C

Last edited:

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
There are a couple of things that I would like make in comeback in Zelda Wii. Both of these things appeared in PH, but not in TP.

One is the cuccos' attacking you. That is one of the things that brings comedy to LoZ and also is an interesting little thing to put in a game. I was upset that that feature wasn't in TP. Sure you could attack the cucco, but instead of having hordes of cuccos flying at you in their rampage, you only were able to see yourself take control of the creature and move it around. I remember that when I first bought TP, that was one of the things that I wanted to try out (literally...) and see what it looked like with the graphics of the game. Imagine my dissappointment when it wasn't so...

The second things I want to make a comback is the beam attack. I remember experiencing the beam attack for the first time on ALttP. I loved the fact that you could attack enemies when they were far away from you. I was hoping to see that move in future installments, but alas, only PH has allowed that feature to be put to use (so far...). In the Zelda Wii game, I want to be able to shoot a beam at an enemy from a distance, not have to get close enough to it just to attack the thing. I want to be able to destroy my enemies by only making one swift movement.

That is all I have to say for now...

Last edited:
The things that I would like to see in the new Wii Zelda are:

Fire Arrows, I loved Fire Arrows in OoT but I think they should look better than they did, I never cared much for the design of them in OoT or MM, But I still liked the Idea of them, Maybe something along the lines of the Light Arrows at the end of TP. That was a cool looking arrow with the power of Light embedded in them by the Spirit's.

The Ocarina, The Ocarina was a cool item and was useful to get to places in a short amount of time, Maybe a mix between the Portal's and the Ocarina would be good. I also liked the little tunes that you had to play to use them, Mainly the songs like Belore of Fire and so on.

The Bunny Hood, The Bunny Hood was useful for getting around Termina at about twice the speed, It was good for when you did not have the song for a certain area or you had not Unlocked Epona at that moment in time. It would be useful especially if Nintendo have it planned that you either don't get portals or you get them or Epona towards the middle of the game, But unless they do like they did in TP and give you Epona straight away, There would be no need for it.

The Double Clawshot, I loved the Double Clawshot, It is my most used item in TP by far, Easy for collecting items from a distance, Pretty much used in every Temple since the one you get them in (The Lakebed Temple) and also good for stunning enemies like Dodongo's that are going down with a fight. They also were one of the coolest looking items in TP and felt the most Zelda like item out of them all barring Swords, Shields and Bow.

The final items I can think of and am going to list are the three Race Masks from MM, I loved being able to swap between each race, It would also work if you get an Ocarina in the next one, It would be great to see them make a come back as well as it would mean that the Deku's have made a comeback and that each Race will most likely have a Province of their own, Like the Deku Palace.

D

Deku Scrub

They NEED a musical instrument. I don't know exactly why, but the instruments just seemed to make the game awesome, mostly the ocarina, for you could play around and just make up songs and play the songs that were from the other game.

The elemental arrows are a must too, and it'd be nice if they had a particular use (OoT didn't use the Fire/Ice arrows for anything in particular) like in MM, for freezing water and melting ice...etc. And using light arrows to get extra money is always fun. Plus, light arrows were always used for slaying the main villain in the 64-bit days.

It'd also be cool if they incorporated masks again, but this time give most of them transformations, 'cuz the ones in MM that didn't transform you were never anything really all that special, except for ones like the Stone mask and the Bunny Hood which really came in handy.

The Lens of Truth was pretty awesome. It would be cool to see that make its return to the game.

The only thing left that I'd really like to be in it would be a decent villain. Someone like Ganondorf and Majora and all, not really any new, weird villains like Bellum and Agnahim (or whatever the LttP one was).

Last edited by a moderator:
P

PapaParty

I would want to see...

- Magic meter
- Sword beam
- Old music
- A blacksmith (like in MM)
- Spells
- The Ocarina
- Mirror Shield

Oh yeah definitely bring back the black smith lol I loved that in Majora.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom