• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
i just found out that a very very close friend of mine has a god damn brain tumor and it's not going away and it's not going to get better and nothing is going to be done about it because it's not high enough priority for surgery or anything and she can't afford it because somehow even though she is DYING that's not important enough and i can't do a god damn thing i can't do anything
it's just gonna keep growing in her brain and taking out her senses until she dies and i am freaking powerless and i'm gonna just watch her die
maybe i shouldn't post this here but i just need somewhere to puke out all these emotions
i hate this
i hate this so much i hate being powerless i don't know what to do i don't know god damn it
A few years ago, my Mother passed away. The lead up to it was pretty awful, and I get what you mean by feeling powerless, and how it can seem so incredibly unfair that someone so wonderful in your life would have to suffer that way. What's worse is when medical treatment is treated more like it's a privilege than necessity, you know? It's painful.

That said, I get you aren't asking for advice and I'm not one to push advice onto others if it is not at first requested, but I am saying that I do get you, and you aren't alone in feeling how you do. If you ever need someone to vent to directly, please feel free to PM me. I'll always listen, if that helps in any small way. If not, then sincerely with all my heart, I wish you all the best and all the strength during this time, and for your friend too.

Take care <3

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
i just found out that a very very close friend of mine has a god damn brain tumor and it's not going away and it's not going to get better and nothing is going to be done about it because it's not high enough priority for surgery or anything and she can't afford it because somehow even though she is DYING that's not important enough and i can't do a god damn thing i can't do anything
it's just gonna keep growing in her brain and taking out her senses until she dies and i am freaking powerless and i'm gonna just watch her die
maybe i shouldn't post this here but i just need somewhere to puke out all these emotions
i hate this
i hate this so much i hate being powerless i don't know what to do i don't know god damn it

I am very sorry to hear this. Yeah, our system stinks because people are greedy rather than kind anymore. Neither you nor her could not do anything to prevent the tumor from happening, and there will always be things in life that we cannot control that frustrate us. Sometimes its the little stuff, like a calculator broke all of the sudden during studying, and sometimes its the big stuff, a friend is dying. But we have to push through. Don't give up hope and don't give in to feeling helpless. Sometimes we just have to step aside, let things take their course and keep moving. You can't stop in the middle of the road because of a boulder, you have to go around it and get to the end of the road. This isn't the end for either of you, there's an eternal joy after the sufferings of this earth. Be there for her, and keep peace even in this tumultuous storm. You are both in my prayers. :hug:

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Moisture in a basement is ruining my day. Mud won't dry, meaning we are gonna have to come in tomorrow to finish stomping the ceiling. Was really looking forward to finishing this job today.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
faculty in question is up for tenure. the first seven years of your professorship are more or less an extended tryout to see if they want to keep you for the next thirty.

D

Deleted member 81859

I'm going to cosplay OoT Zelda at a con my local library is hosting tonight. I'm meeting up with a bunch of other Zelda cosplayers there; it's gonna be great :)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I'm really feeling like I'm being taken advantage of. And me being nice is biteing me in the ass cuz I don't have the heart to say something. He's a good friend, and I don't think it's his intention. But I'm really feeling like I am.

Dan

One of the people in charge at my job reminds me of @Dan , so maybe it is Dan in secret!
Sneaky-Jew.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom