• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Just ordered this :]

RK7HcXS.png

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
There's apparently a disorder that causes somebody to be gloomy and depressed if they don't get enough sunlight/vitamin d, so it appears as if the weather affects their mood. I probably have it. I mean, I was talking to my mom the other day about how my mood seems to be affected by the weather and she told me about it, and that I might have it like my grandma.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (appropriately acronymed to SAD). A couple studies done in the past ten years find no correlation to vitamin D deficiency though. Another study suggested that exercise could help some people with SAD. It's more common the farther north you go - one hypothesis suggests that this is a remnant of our late Pleistocene past (i.e. the last ice age). Humans don't hibernate, but adaptations that caused more inactivity during times of food scarcity would be more likely to survive. You'd have to see a professional for an actual diagnosis.

LinkIsSexy

Kissing Link is like chocolate; rich and sweet.
So I don't like kids much to begin with, but the photos of the new royal baby are especially annoying to me because Kate isn't even supporting her daughter's head correctly.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I really need to work on something I've been putting off the whole weekend (mainly because I had a pretty hectic one) but now that ZD seems to be up and running again, I can't seem to get off....XD

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Real post of what is on my mind:

Last couple of weeks or so I have been a real misery guts, feeling like **** and not even being able to feel excited about going to uni and stuff in September and other things going on because I was just letting everything get on top of me. Literally spent everyday in tears over something lol and half of it was either in my head or just purely stupid. But you know what I've remembered? It can be hard to do something about your situation when it's just crap, but the fact is, you have to take the first step. Don't stand on the edge wondering about all the 'what if's', just go and do it. At worst you made a mistake and you can learn from it and at best it was the right thing to do and you'll feel better. And sometimes that first step is nothing but time- everyone should allow themselves time whether that's to get over a break up or to get better from an illness or even after you've had a fight with a loved one.

You rock, Beauts, keep bein' awesome. ^_^

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I really think they should change the plain, simple name "Shout Box" to "The Milk Bar". After all, it's a place where we come to to chill out and laugh with friends, so why not? The only difference is there's no one standing there serving cold beverages. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom