• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I booked in for an official Japanese Language Proficiency Test for the first time, so I'll be flying down to Canberra in July to take it.

I could only get a spot at the N3 level (which should be a walk in the park for me) since the others were sold out but hopefully I'll be able to try N2 level six months later which I might already be able to pass.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
I showed my parents The Promised Neverland yesterday. They started watching episode 1 when I went to bed. I was super nervous (as I am whenever I show somebody something), so it was hard to fall asleep. Eventually I went out to grab a drink because my throat was dry. They weren't watching it anymore. I'd assumed they'd already finished with one episode, so I asked them if they liked it. My mom said they stopped mid-episode, so I said that it was fine and we can watch the rest another day. But then my Dad said they stopped because it was very dark and they didn't want to watch that stuff. He didn't look at me as he said it, but the tone of his voice was already making my heart pound. So I quickly said ok and goodnight and hurried back into bed.

My chest has been tight all day with anxiety, and I don't really know why. They just don't care for the dark thriller genre. But the way he said yesterday I'm scared my Dad's gonna lecture me about the show when I get home or something. Maybe he doesn't like that I watched it. Maybe he thinks I'm weird for liking darker shows. Maybe he's mad at me for showing them...Idk...

I really wanted to enjoy it with them, but I guess that'll never happen...

I'm just a mix of sad, scared, and stressed.

I probably don't have the same relationship with my parents but I would never show my dad anything I like, because he tends to embed himself into my passions as a means to control all aspects of my life. Even if your parents aren't anything like that, though, I think you can probably come to find solace in the fact that you have an interest to yourself within your family. It makes your relationship with that interest all the more personal and meaningful, in my own experience.

In other news, Cris Tales doesn't look like it's gonna be one of those games I can download through Epic and launch through Steam. I have it on Switch but it's the free game on Epic this week, and since the Switch version doesn't let screenshots, I've been wanting to get it again on PC for cheap, and free is as cheap as it gets, right? Well I don't like the Epic launcher very much so I always just add my downloaded Epic games to Steam and they launch. This one ain't working like Dandara did. :shrug: Might have to suck it up and use the dysfunctional Epic launcher whenever I get to playing it on PC.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I showed my parents The Promised Neverland yesterday. They started watching episode 1 when I went to bed. I was super nervous (as I am whenever I show somebody something), so it was hard to fall asleep. Eventually I went out to grab a drink because my throat was dry. They weren't watching it anymore. I'd assumed they'd already finished with one episode, so I asked them if they liked it. My mom said they stopped mid-episode, so I said that it was fine and we can watch the rest another day. But then my Dad said they stopped because it was very dark and they didn't want to watch that stuff. He didn't look at me as he said it, but the tone of his voice was already making my heart pound. So I quickly said ok and goodnight and hurried back into bed.

My chest has been tight all day with anxiety, and I don't really know why. They just don't care for the dark thriller genre. But the way he said yesterday I'm scared my Dad's gonna lecture me about the show when I get home or something. Maybe he doesn't like that I watched it. Maybe he thinks I'm weird for liking darker shows. Maybe he's mad at me for showing them...Idk...

:hug:
Sorry they didn't enjoy it as much as you, Echo.

Let us know how it goes. I have a few theories on why they might not be as receptive, and it's kind of a shame, but hopefully you can still sort some things out in a way that doesn't get in the way of your hobbies or interests!

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Just a random thought that popped into my head at work which was something I never questioned before today. There were rail shooting sections of Star Fox Adventures where you had to collect a certain number of gold rings to gain access to new locations of Dinosaur Planet. For some reason there were random enemy ships in those space sections of the game, and I'm left wondering why. It's never clarified what kind of ships they are, as far as I know. Obviously they don't have any distinct connection to Andross, otherwise you'd think the Star Fox team would have caught on at some point. It's also never clarified whether General Scale's Sharpclaw army even has spacecraft.

Why are there random seemingly rogue enemy spaceships guarding portions of the planet, lol?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer

I feel this so much Echo, even tho I'm a bit older than you I still have things that I haven't really told my parents about not cuz I'm hiding anything wrong but I just don't think our tastes would align on it and I don't know if they would judge me or what.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Just a random thought that popped into my head at work which was something I never questioned before today. There were rail shooting sections of Star Fox Adventures where you had to collect a certain number of gold rings to gain access to new locations of Dinosaur Planet. For some reason there were random enemy ships in those space sections of the game, and I'm left wondering why. It's never clarified what kind of ships they are, as far as I know. Obviously they don't have any distinct connection to Andross, otherwise you'd think the Star Fox team would have caught on at some point. It's also never clarified whether General Scale's Sharpclaw army even has spacecraft.

Why are there random seemingly rogue enemy spaceships guarding portions of the planet, lol?
(:suspicious: intensifies)
Krystal did board the Great Fox using a ship but she likely already had that before coming to Sauria, although some of the locations that you travel to via Arwing have landing pads, so its probable that they do have airships of sort even if we don't see them

I think its likely the Sharpclaw in those spacecraft since they're the only ones that have a reason to fight back against you in those segments

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I was playing Twilight Princess tonight, was in Castle Town and trying to remember if I'd be able to find that one area with an outdoor cafe and a door to a staircase inside that led up to an overlook facing the castle, or if it was something from a dream. I finally decided that there was no such location, that it was just something that my mind had made up in a dream... Then I found it on my way out of town. Tripped me up something weird to actually find something that I had dismissed as a dream, especially because extra areas like that are something that happen in my dreams all the time, be it for an irl space or sumn in a video game.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I feel like finally deciding to check out all the Star Wars tv series stuff like the Clone Wars but I don't have a single day off in the entirety of March (not counting weekends). Why do I have to want to do this now when I have such little time to do it? Ain't that always the way. :(

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I dusted off my Zelda Monopoly for a game with friends and played for the first time in quite a while. Playing with the fast game rules makes for a much more manageable game than enduring the full length and we had a great time - I managed to take the win after a few strategic trades and some luck aligned in my favour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom