• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things About You That Surprise Others

Simple thread, is there anything you do or like that make others surprised that you do?

For example, are you a girl who loves the Die Hard films?
Are you a semi professional snowboarder?

Things like that.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
It depends on what hair color I'm wearing when I meet people. If it's in some semi-normal color, people tend to be surprised about how alternative my interests really are. If it's in one of my bright colors, like blue, pink, green, etc, then people tend not to be surprised by anything I tell them about me.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I'm surprisingly human :P. Well, I do mumble a lot when I usually yell like I'm at Basketball game or something...I only yell because I get very frustrated with people easily.(I have anger issues) I just seem to mumble when I'm in the calm mood.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think the one thing that surprises people about me, is that I have some amount of artistic ability. I can draw, but I'm not perfect at it. I've had people come up to me and tell me that I was really good at art, in which I was grateful for their comments. For whatever reason -- I really don't know why -- it surprises people left to right. :sweat:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Most people at surprised that I enjoy watching action movies filled with guns and blood, compared to sappy "chick flicks" that always seem to have the same plot and happy ending. No offense to anyone who enjoys romance movies. :P

bunny

birb overlord
It used to surprise my friend that I was learning Japanese. They would all ask questions like, "Why? What good is it going to do you here in America? Wouldn't Spanish be easier?" But now pretty much all of them know the how and why. I've even gotten a few of my friends to start learning with me. ^^

Another thing that surprises new people I meet is my "artistic ability." I am quoting, okay... I don't actually think I am that great of an artist. I have had people like... almost beg to see my sketchbooks. It was a little scary, to be honest. I have some pretty crappy drawings in my sketchbooks, and I don't want anyone to see them. :C

The last thing probably would be the fact that I'm kind of a nerd... I love video games, I love anime, I love manga, I love nurd stuff... Gosh, sometimes I feel like such a huuuuge nerd. I am even planning on going to an anime convention... and I have a costume to wear, too. Most people don't believe me, though because I guess pretty girls can't be nerds? Meh... I might as well embrace it.

octorok74

TETTAC
One of the things that people find surprising about would definitely be the fact that I love discussing politics. I just find it interesting and then they look at me funny. I'm not entirely surprised though seeing as to how politics is a taboo subject now a days.

Another thing is, and I feel like a copy cat, my art ability. I am not really that good at arting, but I enjoy it. It gives me something to do.

And the last thing that surprises people is that I have feelings. No really. I am known for being brutally honest with people and so they think I have no feelings. I'm actually quite a sensitive guy. I have loads of feelings and sometimes it just gets a bit overwhelming. I don't let those people get to me though.

Well, it depends on how they met me. Btu most people are surprised that I can read and write music as fluently as I can speak English. Most new-worlders are indeed filled with shock that I have been educated in the skill of properly apply the olden tongue of the Renaissance years. Dost thou share mine allies' surprise? (I even have the SEA down :))

Some of my friends are surprised that I have a bow and, yes, I can use it, or that I'm a Whovian, Browncoat, Mythtern-to-be, Hylian, Eureka resident, AND Shakespearian actress. I mean, all at once. Individual people tend to know that I'm one or more of the above, but almost never all.

And I don't watch cartoons or any other TV except the occasional Ellen. No cartoons, no. That sends people into shock. But most know that I'm a good artist... am I? I drew my avy, for what it's worth, but(deja vuu incoming!) I think I'm not that good.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I have found that people are often surprised when I tell them that I’m only 18, my behavior patters more often than not cause a person to get the impression that I’m in my 20’s, or at least such a thing has happened to me several times now.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
People are often surprised by the fact that I don't care if people think I'm a man on and off the internet.
(I have someone walk past me and my guy friend and say "Good Morning, Gentlemen!" before and I lol'd whereas my guy friend was like "ERMAHGERD HE CALLED YOU A MAN :0")

Btw, I'm a chick. Another fact that would surprise people. I am just seem so manly, don't I? :right:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It surprises many people that I'm somewhat intelligent. Most people think that, because I'm black/dark-skinned, I should be really stupid and all this stuff. Turns out I make all As in my classes, speak (somewhat) coherently in everyday conversation, and know what's what within textbooks that I use.

Another thing that surprises many people is that I DO NOT have a social life. I literally have spent 17 years in my room playing video games, and I don't intend for that to change. Yeah, I'll get a job and socialize at school, but aside from that? Social gatherings just aren't my thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom