• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Them

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple.
1.buy the map, it'll help you keep track of them because it automatically marks them as white dots on the map.

2. get the bunny hood, it'll help you circle around the barn much faster

3. some people say slowing down time helps because it slows down "them" although you may want to think twice about this; it also means you have to protect the barn longer and you're DEFINITELY going to run out of arrows and have to get more, which wastes a lot of time

i hope this helps, and good luck :)

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I agree with VembersWind. Also, listen for when the dog barks. The dog will barn when one of THEM gets close, and the dog will run toward the closest one of THEM. This really helps in case you decide not to slow down time. It's what allowed me to do it the first time through. Good luck! :)

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
VembersWind you do realise your supposed to do it from horse back right? that means you make Epona run through the grass and the grass gives up arrows, meaning you don't run out, slowly down time really helps, and 'They' are infact just ghosts and therefore from deduction a type of poe.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
The way the game trains you for it implies that yes it was intended to be done on horseback, but doing it on foot is much easier with or without the bunny hood. And if you have both arrow upgrades or even at least 1 of them, running out of arrows won't be an issue.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
VembersWind you do realise your supposed to do it from horse back right? that means you make Epona run through the grass and the grass gives up arrows, meaning you don't run out, slowly down time really helps, and 'They' are infact just ghosts and therefore from deduction a type of poe.
I never done it on horseback(I found it more difficult and I lost each time tried on horseback. (52 times if ur wondering) But the 1st time with the tactic VembersWind is describing I beat it no prob

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
I found a much easier method. Find the gap between the barn and the farmhouse. Stand out in the field in such a place that you can see between the two buildings since one of Them will come around the back of the farm house. As long as you don't waste arrows trying to hit targets that are too far away (you'll have to hit one way off on the side, but it's not really a difficult shot), you won't even have to move, making this battle an easy one. Wait for them to get close to you and strike.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I found a much easier method. Find the gap between the barn and the farmhouse. Stand out in the field in such a place that you can see between the two buildings since one of Them will come around the back of the farm house. As long as you don't waste arrows trying to hit targets that are too far away (you'll have to hit one way off on the side, but it's not really a difficult shot), you won't even have to move, making this battle an easy one. Wait for them to get close to you and strike.
This is a good tactic it's 1 that I use all the time when this mini-game/quest.

I usually stand on the box in front of the barn with a full quiver of arrows and the Bunny Hood. The "lens flare" around each of the aliens can serve as a pretty good target, to keep you from wasting arrows. From the box you can hit each alien long before it reaches the barn. There is one behind the house that you need to be aware of, but if you just keep spinning around with your bow ready, you'll catch it when it clears the corner of the house and can dispatch it forthwith. If/when you run out of arrows, dash around behind the barn and cut the grass there.

Like others said, having the map will definitely be helpful. I usually prefer to do this with time slowed, because the aliens move much slower. But it is not a whole lot harder to do in regular time, as long as you keep your wits about you. :)

I've done it all three methods. It really depends on whether or not you are accurate or not on the go (horse) or if you need to stop and aim (the other two methods). Arrows can be regained after shooting the aliens, as they drop arrows. It's not really a problem whatever method you choose, just use the method that's best for you. There is no "right" method.

F

fiercedietylink

that one is hard i suggest not using epona cuz thats what caleb does in the walkthrough

Z

ZeldavsMusic

You should get some practice with the bow and arrow with moving targets, get the bunny hood, and remember that there is a dog that is very useful in the farm that will automatically run to and bark at the closest "alien" to the house. You can pick up arrows from the drops of the "aliens" or slash down the bushes behind the house, or roll into the crate but I don't recommend that because it's a good beacon to shoot from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom