• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic The Zelda That Started Your Journey, Secrets I've Kept from Zelda

When i was 8, i looked in my older sister her closet (bad boy :D) and i found OoA. That was my first Zelda. Later, I saw PH and i bought it. Then ST and now OoT 3d. Of course i`m gonna buy SS. BTW, I never finished OoA... I love my older sister because of that, and of course she is the best (and my only) sister

I`m sorry if my English isn`t correct

My first game was Ocarina of Time. It took me a while to finish (I was about six when the game was released, and I wasn't very good at it). After that I played Majora's Mask. And even though I want that game to be my favorite - because the three day cycle is really unique for a game, and especially a Zelda game - Ocarina of Time's nostalgic feeling will never go away. My next Zelda game was Twilight Princess. I didn't really put any interest in the whole Zelda Universe, so I wasn't really aware that there were any other Zelda games I could play, until I read somewhere about TP. So I got a Wii just to play TP. After that I became aware that there were lots of Zelda games, even before OoT (yes, that came as a shock to me :) please, don't shoot me). I bought Wind Waker (since I was able to play it on the Wii), and loved it. Since then I haven't played any other Zelda games, because I don't have the proper platforms to play it on. I do plan on purchase those and the older games though :).

My first Zelda was the original LoZ for the NES which I actually played on an NES. I was born in 86, but around 1990/91 I played Zelda at a friends house a little, but I didn't get my own NES until much after the SNES had been released. In fact, when OoT released, I was still chugging away at my umpteenth playthrough of LoZ on my old NES. Later I acquired an N64 with OoT, and it only grew from there. Now I've beaten every Zelda game except Oracle of Ages which I have in my gamecube gameboy player right now. I have Skyward Sword Preordered and by early 2012, I expect to have beaten every Zelda game. (P.S. I have now acquired a SNES, and I own a copy of every game on its original system as well as all of the rereleases I can think of except for OoT 3D)

Pinkfish11

Korean language student
The first time I ever heard of THe Legend of Zelda was at a swim meet while I watched my friend play Minish Cap. I really wanted to play it, so when I returned home I searched for it in Office Max. However, all I could remember was "Zelda". I was sure that there couldn't be more than one "Zelda" game so I bought A Link to the Past/ Four Swords editition. And that jumpstarted my love for the series. I still haven't been able to play Minish Cap yet...

I started with Link's Awakening on my cousin's game boy. I remember having lots of fun, but I was only 7 or 8 at the time and my attention eventually was stolen away by Pokemon.
Ocarina of Time on the N64 was the first one I ever beat, and pretty much the one that made me love the series <3

Ganondork

goo
To be honest, had it not been for my cousin, I wouldn't be a member here at all. I had never heard of the Legend of Zelda when I was about 6 (so about 8 years ago) until my cousin bought me and my sister A Link to the Past for the GameBoy. My sister was able to play through to the point of rescuing Zelda, but I had no such luck; I was just too young. My sister never beat the game and I never touched the cartridge again for many, many years.

But that wasn't what made me love this series like I do now. It actually was a trailer I watched in a local GameStop a trailer. It was a trailer of a boy traveling across a Twilight-plagued world. And before my very eyes, this boy became a wolf almost magically. It was then that I knew I wanted to buy the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The game wasn't even released quite yet, but my 8 year old mind was already racing with excitement. Finally, that Christmas, I got what I wanted; Twilight Princess. Because it was originally for my sister, I played with my games for a few days. However, I had been studying the guide that came along with the game very diligently. I understood every little game mechanic and trick that needed to before I even put the disk into my GameCube.

And then ensued 400 hours of what could only be the greatest game I had ever played at the time. It took me two years of basically procrastinating against Zant to finally beat the game. I turned off my game with a satisfying feeling in my stomach; that was the first game I had truly ever beaten. But I wanted more. Twilight Princess wasn't enough. One day, I found the Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition hidden away in a GameStop. I begged my dad to buy it for me, and to my great luck, he did. However, by buying that, I missed out on the Ocarina of Time MasterQuest, something I am yet to have found ever again.

From there began a mission that I placed for myself; to buy, play, and beat every Zelda game there is. After three years of this search, I have narrowed down my search simply to Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks - two games I cannot buy because I don't own a DS. Despite my great efforts to get a 3DS this year, I don't believe I'll find it under my Christmas Tree; my dad accidentally bought something else for me that I didn't want half as much that was more expensive. But I'll get it sooner or later, and then I'll complete my Legend of Zelda game collection.

It all started when I was a young girl.. lol. Me and my cousins used to aways play the game cube at my aunt's house, and one of the games that my cousin had was super smash bros. melee. Being me, I obviously went for the pretty characters, so I always picked zelda. when I got older, I knew from what game zelda and link came from, but I didn't know much, until my dad bought me and my brother Wind Waker. I would watch my brother play for countless hours, fascinated by the story lines and the colors that the game was made up of. It wasn't until I started playing around the age of 15 that I really fall in love with the game. I became sort of... obsessed, wanting to learn more about the zelda series. I recently just finished Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass. I havent been able to get my hands on Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask, but I did watch walkthroughs to see what were the stories about, and I REALLY want to play them!

I started almost from the very beginning of when the series came out and it was 1988 with playing Zelda II my first Zelda game followed by LOZ. From playing LOZ and Zelda II I was fan since and became a bigger one when ALTTP came out. However, once OOT and MM and then followed by TWW I kinda fell out of the series because of the feel the games were giving off and they just didn't feel the same as I felt with ALTTP and LA. Once TP came out I got back into the series completely again which was an near 18 year wait for me. Over the years since 2006 I had to reevaluate some of the modern games like TWW and TP and I actually found TWW to be better then TP in many ways. Thanks to TP (despite many of its flaws it has) it got me completely back into the series that OOT and MM fail to do and now I get a new Zelda game when it first comes out.

Last edited:

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I started not that long ago, actually. The game that brought me into the series of Zelda was The Minish Cap! I've played and liked othe Zelda games before that, but TMC captured me into loving the series. TMC is still my favourite game! ^^

That was also my first game I played, and my favorite also. Although, the first time I was ever introduced to the Zelda series was during a sleep over at my cousin's house. His older brother had just bought the Wind Waker, which was just released at the time, and he was playing it as my cousin and I watched. A few years later I actually got to play my first zelda game which was the Minish Cap. My neighbor and I used to trade gameboy advanced games all the time. Before playing Zelda, I used to only play RPG games like Final Fantasy, and Pokemon, so I was used to leveling up. When I started to play and realized that Link(who i used always call Zelda by mistake) couldn't level up, which I thought was dumb at the time. Since I was used to pressing "Attack" and then watch the character attack the monster, it took me a while to get used to the fighting. I remember it took me 3 weeks of fighting the Madderpillar in the first dungeon before i just gave up on the game. Then my neighbor showed me that I was supposed to hit the back of it, then hit the nose, and in under a minute he defeat what took me three weeks to give up on. My brain exploded. I wasn't used to all the puzzles in this Zelda game, and it was a long journey throughout the land of hyrule, but eventually my RPG set brain had adapted to a Puzzle/Adventure game. Now instead of just leaving, leveling up and going back in the fight, I learned to use my logic and find every enemy's weakspot and solutions to every puzzle to progress through the game. It was a long and hard road, but I made through and converted from an RPG-ite to Zeldaism.

My first Zelda game that i played was Majoras Mask...But that time i didn't know what to do and got stuck and gave up, I was like 5-6 years old back then...until i played Phantom hourglass...i now love Zelda series...I know i have been missing a lot (so many Zelda games have been released between Majoras mask and Phantom Hourglass) but im gonna play them all now!!!

ALttP brought me into the series when I was... I dont even know how old I was. Young. Very young. My parents probably bought it for like a birthday or something. From the first few moments of the game, running to Hyrule Castle, freeing Zelda... I was hooked. The sound the guards made when they started running after you.... God just everything was so intriguing. Green is my favorite color to this day, probably because of this series. I've been a Zelda kid since I was 4 or 5. Love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom