• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Zelda ports that never were

Many Zelda fans expected Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD for the Switch among them i include myself i also wanted HD ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora Mask Remakes from 3DS for Switch but honestly i feel like this will dont happen anymore i dont know how many years the Switch has left but i wouldnt be surprised to see these ports for the Switch 2 instead of the Normal Switch if you truly want to play those HD versions and the Remakes from the Zelda 64 games so bad i recommend buying a Wii U Wii Gamecube or a 3DS to play them i highly doubt we will see those ports anytime soon

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
yeah this is a really tricky topic, out of all times, I would've thought the 35th anniversary would've been the time but I guess nintendo didn't think so

I don't think them coming to the standard Switch is out of the question though, but I would definitely encourage people who would want to play them to find other means rather than waiting who know how long for ports, and I don't think the 3ds games are even in the conversation

At this point, I'm not expecting any retro Zelda content until the 40th anniversary in 2026, to be honest. 2023 is Tears of the Kingdom, and we'll probably have some DLC for it in 2024. Then 2025 will probably be a spin-off.

I'm definitely surprised we didn't get TWW HD and TP HD on Switch, but, hey, the Switch is on fire, so Nintendo may be holding off on releasing those during a quieter time. That said, it's more likely we'll see those games on the Switch's successor.

I personally hope for the DS games to be brought to the switch. I already played TP and WW so many times so I don't really miss it that much. But I would love to play PH and ST on the switch
While I'd personally love to see WW on Switch (WW! On the go!), the DS games would also be really cool to see. They'd have to kinda remake them from the ground up because of the touch-screen controls and whatnot, but they're both solid games that deserve more love.
And if they remake PH, maybe they can make the Temple of the Ocean King less annoying to go through.

I'd also like to see the Oracles games get remakes in the same vein as the LA remake... and since I'm wishing, a remake/remaster of Minish Cap would be rad, too.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I'd also like to see the Oracles games get remakes in the same vein as the LA remake... and since I'm wishing, a remake/remaster of Minish Cap would be rad, too.
I have been banking on the idea of an Oracles Toy Remaster version.

Not only should they remaster the Minish Cap, but they should also remaster the original Four Swords to go with it.

I have been banking on the idea of an Oracles Toy Remaster version.

Not only should they remaster the Minish Cap, but they should also remaster the original Four Swords to go with it.
You. I like you. Good taste.
Gosh, imagine Four Swords, but with online play! You could play offline and online with your friends, and you could play with random people online. Oh, how chaotic and fun that would be! They could even include the additional areas and single player mode from the Anniversary Edition.

While I'd personally love to see WW on Switch (WW! On the go!), the DS games would also be really cool to see. They'd have to kinda remake them from the ground up because of the touch-screen controls and whatnot, but they're both solid games that deserve more love.
And if they remake PH, maybe they can make the Temple of the Ocean King less annoying to go through.

I prefer an A Link to the Past remake with Link Awakening remake style

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Yes, they need to get rid off the stylus only controls. I would be patient though ;)
And the Oracle games would be very welcome too!

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
You. I like you. Good taste.
Gosh, imagine Four Swords, but with online play! You could play offline and online with your friends, and you could play with random people online. Oh, how chaotic and fun that would be! They could even include the additional areas and single player mode from the Anniversary Edition.

And add in a versus mode so you can fight your friends and see who is the best link OR fight online as two teams of Links, each team seeing the other team of four as their "Dark Link" counterparts and copy the Four Dark Link's colors from ALttP/FS bonus mini challenge dungeon; either facing off in a duel arena or a race to complete a dungeon faster than the other team!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom