• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Wailing Host = Straga's Early Design?

I was browsing Darksiders Dungeon Wiki a few minutes ago and was reading about Straga in the original Darksiders, and in the article's gallery, I saw this picture of what is supposedly some old concept art of an earlier design for Straga.

Meanwhile, in Darksiders II there's a boss (I have no idea what its plot relevance is) called The Wailing Host, which, as you can see here, looks almost exactly like Straga's concept design.

I dunno if this is a mistake on the wiki and that's actually Darksiders II concept art or what, but what do you think about this?

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Damn! Great find. I don't think that is a coincidence. It is quite possible that they already had the wailing host/straga modeled for the first darksiders, then changed it to what become the current straga. They had a completed model, maybe even the working of an attack script. So why not use it in 2? Makes sense to me. Otherwise it would all be work wasted.

Who knows if that is right, but it would certainly make sense. Again, great find!

Thanks! That sounds like a good explanation, though I'm still reluctant because I wonder if that might actually be Darksiders II concept art and not really Darksiders. Is there a way to confirm if it's art of the original or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom