• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Under Loved Zelda Games

Hi there, I have noticed lots of criticism at AoL, TP, and not too much talk on ALttP, LA, MC. I haven't played LA or MC yet so I just listed them for the sake of listing them when I never heard discussions on this site of them besides theories. =\ AoL has amazing combat, and challenge. It was an experiment that went pretty good to some players. Of course, some people quit right away because of challenge and loss of exp. Funny how some people just want a Zelda game thats really hard and if they DID play AoL they probably didn't play it that much to notice. :lol: By some comments I heard people got really mad, thankfully they still played on wards. ALttP is of course loved, and has most of its fans say its the best Zelda game. But ever since OoT came, it got over shadowed and lost attention........ Some people say "OoT was the game that changed the Zelda series....... forever." " YAH RIGHT! :P It was ALttP I believe." It has fewer fans because of that. Not that there's any thing wrong with OoT, just that it got covered up. TP now, this IS RIDICULOUSNESS! People say " Its so easy" or " It is boring in the Twilight" or even " The story line is horrible". :mad: So? It has some large areas, MIDNA! great graphics, awesome attacks and armor. It is really good, yet so many people hate on it. ( I love Midna, shes my girl I'd pick out of the whole Zelda series to be with me, this isn't a good time lol.) Any ways, if someone played LA, or MC back it up for I haven't played it. Thanks to those of you who have read all this and please share your thoughts.

What about phantom hourglass? I thought that was a great, innovative game. I also thought it was far superior to spirit tracks (which most people seem to disagree on)

MW7

Really from my experience I'd say that every game except the 3d console games of OOT, MM, WW, TP, and SS are underloved. People seem to gravitate towards those games more and leave the others behind.

G

GBinc

I agree. I own AoL and I play that game more than any other. I totally despise Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks!:yuck:

I agree. I own AoL and I play that game more than any other. I totally despise Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks!:yuck:

You stink. I don't give any thought at all that you tried to have fun with those games and you probably never played them. You are just mad that Link and all the characters are cartoon like. Which I like, but it doesn't compare to Wii U or Twilight Princess graphics to me.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
TP is not under loved. It is the most popular Zelda and has the greatest number of sales and therefore it has allot of love. What I would say is that it is over hated by quite a few Zelda fans. People complained about its large areas, when SS came people wanted these areas to be present. The storyline is no way horrible. It is probably the second most complex of the series and my favourite. As for the difficulty, I can agree with what some people say, the game is too easy, but I have played it 7 times and probably so have they, it's bound to be easy when you have completed something and know every puzzle. I bet on the first time around it presented some degree of challenge. Ganondorf was just ridiculously easy though for a final boss , no excuse there Nintendo!

Minish Cap was a lot of fun and so underrated, it's a must play for any real Zelda fan.

ALTTP, still haven't finished, a bit too hard (attacks dish out too much damage early on) but it's a good game so far and understandable to why it's such a classic.

TP, I really don't see all the hate for this game. it's soo epic and next to OOT the best zelda game to date. hyrule is huge, soo many dungeons, sure the enemies are easy but that's because you learn so many different moves. the cut scenes are crazy, midna alone makes this game a must play. the story is nice and IMO (graphics aside) is a better "hundred years after OOT" game.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
i think alttp got some serious love. for most zelda fans it's the first zelda game they ever played and in my humble opinion it's difficulty is unrivald in any of the zelda series.

i think alttp got some serious love. for most zelda fans it's the first zelda game they ever played and in my humble opinion it's difficulty is unrivald in any of the zelda series.

I usually don't hear much about ALttP unless I'm talking to a fan who's in their mid twenties. Normally when I hear people talking about their favorite or most beloved Zelda game, it's OoT that leads the pack, figuratively speaking. I wouldn't say it's "underloved", it's just that OoT is the game that comes up in conversation on a regular basis.

Minish Cap was a lot of fun and so underrated, it's a must play for any real Zelda fan.

ALTTP, still haven't finished, a bit too hard (attacks dish out too much damage early on) but it's a good game so far and understandable to why it's such a classic.

TP, I really don't see all the hate for this game. it's soo epic and next to OOT the best zelda game to date. hyrule is huge, soo many dungeons, sure the enemies are easy but that's because you learn so many different moves. the cut scenes are crazy, midna alone makes this game a must play. the story is nice and IMO (graphics aside) is a better "hundred years after OOT" game.

Midna alone, I agree with that! Does anyone know how to back up LA?

Patch

Party Pooper
The Minish Cap. I LOVE that game, it's so much fun and so unique. It's definitely underrated. Gosh I miss playing it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are under-loved. People hardly talk about them at all. I've played them both, twice, doing a two-way sequence for the linked story. They are very cute little games with a lot of charm and nostalgia for one who grew up playing the first LoZ. Also, a fat bear with wings! And Ralph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom