• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The time travel paradox in Oracle of Ages is not actually a paradox, and instead creates the Adult Timeline.

So I haven't played the Oracle games, just looked up information about them, but what I know is that there is a quest where you take an antique Goron vase from the present, and give it to a Goron in the far past. This creates a bootstrap paradox, because eventually, the vase will break from time from going through the loop so many times.

But what if that is intentional?

Let's imagine that the vase breaking causes the timeline to play differently. The Gorons move from Labrynna to Hyrule for some reason or another due to the butterfly effect. This results in normal Ocarina of Time occuring, thus the Adult Timeline.

But if the vase isn't broken yet, the Gorons don't move to Hyrule, and this is the direct cause of Link dying to Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time in the Downfall Timeline.

How? Simple. The Gorons never go to Hyrule, never fight Volvagia (there is a theory that she wasn't evil when the Gorons slew her, and that she was acting out from a parasite or something, like her descendant Valoo in Wink Waker, only the Gorons never tried to figure out the problem, unlike the Rito, so they killed her instead), and as a result, the Megaton Hammer is never created (or if it already existed, stayed in Labrynna with the Gorons).

How does the Megaton Hammer not existing cause Link to die? Well by itself, it doesn't, but Medigoron and Biggoron aren't in Hyrule either, so the Giant's Knife and Biggoron's Sword both don't exist in Hyrule either.

This means when Ganon knocks the Master Sword out of Link's hand in the final battle of Ocarina of Time, he will not have a main weapon to weaken Ganon enough to retrieve the Master Sword. He could try with arrows or bombs, and is theoretically possible to pull off in actual gameplay, but from a more realistic perspective, this wouldn't be enough in the end.

This would allow Ganon to slay Link, thus progressing with the Downfall Timeline.

So there is my theory. I know I don't have a lot to it, but I thought I'd share what I do have to see what you all think.

So I haven't played the Oracle games, just looked up information about them, but what I know is that there is a quest where you take an antique Goron vase from the present, and give it to a Goron in the far past. This creates a bootstrap paradox, because eventually, the vase will break from time from going through the loop so many times.
First of all, I seriously recommend playing at least Oracle of Ages.

How? Simple. The Gorons never go to Hyrule, never fight Volvagia (there is a theory that she wasn't evil when the Gorons slew her, and that she was acting out from a parasite or something, like her descendant Valoo in Wink Waker, only the Gorons never tried to figure out the problem, unlike the Rito, so they killed her instead), and as a result, the Megaton Hammer is never created (or if it already existed, stayed in Labrynna with the Gorons).
This is actually a super interesting theory, but the Link going back in time would "break" before the vase would, thus the vase would never get to the point where it breaks in the alternate timeline. Additionally, because Link is travelling back 400 years, after the Goron's had already moved to Labrynna, it wouldn't affect the moment when they fled Hyrule for Labrynna in the Downfall Timeline.

The Gorons move from Labrynna to Hyrule for some reason or another due to the butterfly effect.
I just reread and realized I misunderstood. I guess I just don't think that the Goron's in Labrynna moved to Hyrule considering they remain in Labrynna 400 years later. But if there was evidence that the OoT Goron's actually came from Labrynna, this theory is actually even more interesting, and probably even more correct. I just don't think that the 400 years in the past of Oracle of Ages occurs before Ocarina of TIme, thus the vase breaking in the past wouldn't affect OoT's timeline. It is worth noting that the Downfall Timeline as I currently understand it contains the exact same events as the OoT we play through (Biggoron's Sword included), just with a "less skilled" Link than Adult Timeline canon-Link. So it would lead to a very very slightly alternate Downfall Timeline (but that's the nature of the Multiverse).

Isn't it specifically stated in Hyrule Historia that the split timeline emerged as a result of OoT?
Yep; the game even shows the AT/CT split. We don't have an official explanation for how the DT comes into play(we know it's a branch where the Hero of Time dies against Ganondorf in his tower, but we don't know HOW that branch comes into being alongside the AT and CT). Personally, I go with the Triforce Wish theory for that.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Yep; the game even shows the AT/CT split. We don't have an official explanation for how the DT comes into play(we know it's a branch where the Hero of Time dies against Ganondorf in his tower, but we don't know HOW that branch comes into being alongside the AT and CT). Personally, I go with the Triforce Wish theory for that.
I mean, I can tell you where the downfall timeline comes from:

From some poor writer's behind.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I say the paradox is that every time Link uses the Harp of Ages, he creates a new timeline according to Zelda logic. Really fun theory about the vase though.

Same

I say the paradox is that every time Link uses the Harp of Ages, he creates a new timeline according to Zelda logic. Really fun theory about the vase though.
Zelda's time travel logic seems to be a combination of logics. String Theory allows for time splits, and alternate realities. Deterministic allows old Impa to have Zelda's bracelet, before Zelda gives it to her younger self. Some events, like the timeshift stones, are best explained by what I am calling time echoes. They basically allow the present to be manipulated, as though accessing the past, but without actually going to the past. In other words, when Link strikes the timeshift stone, it produces a field that echoes the past, allowing Link to pluck a flower "from the past." That plucked flower remains in Link's inventory, but was not actually plucked in the past. Only the present is altered, from that moment on.

The only time travel logic I have yet to see/notice in the series, is dynamic time, where time functions more like Back to the Future.

Edit: Though I have yet to play the Oracle games.

Last edited:
Link being sent back in time back to re-live his childhood at the end of OOT is what created the adult timeline (as seen in WW, PH, and ST).

And this is how the downfall timeline/the hero is defeated timeline (as seen in ALTTP, the legend of zelda, The Adventure of Link, etc) was ACTUALLY created (he explains it so much better than I do and it all makes sense):

Link being sent back in time back to re-live his childhood at the end of OOT is what created the adult timeline (as seen in WW, PH, and ST).

And this is how the downfall timeline/the hero is defeated timeline (as seen in ALTTP, the legend of zelda, The Adventure of Link, etc) was ACTUALLY created (he explains it so much better than I do and it all makes sense):

For my self, I like how the theory ties the split to causation, rather than possibility. Something directly caused the split, rather than the possibility of the player's failure.

The part I think falls apart, when examined closer, is that the sage is still locked up, when Link abandoned the time line. Yet, all seven are stated to have taken part in the imprisoning war that followed. This would mean there was another way for the sages to awaken, and escape their imprisonment, and Link wasn't all that necessary; just plan A, before enacting plan B.

On top of that, even though He states that only one trip back is technically required, it still suggests that the average play-through creates far more splits than is shown. For this theory to be true, either the average player is not experiencing the true version of events, or every time Link goes back to the past, via the master sword, it creates a path to a converging downfall timeline.

We also still have the problem of time travel in other games, not causing a timeline split, under similar conditions. We don't see a split any other time Link needs to go to the past to fix a problem in the present.

It's a good attempt, though.

The part I think falls apart, when examined closer, is that the sage is still locked up, when Link abandoned the time line. Yet, all seven are stated to have taken part in the imprisoning war that followed. This would mean there was another way for the sages to awaken, and escape their imprisonment, and Link wasn't all that necessary; just plan A, before enacting plan B.

The theory makes perfect sense to me. Also, someone else must have freed the sage of spirits on the hero is defeated timeline. Link is not the only hero, he meets other heroes on his journey, heroes who have accomplished great things (heck, there's even a story about a legendary Goron hero who defeated Volvagia in the last with the megaton hammer and Darunia and his son are his descendants). Link failed on the hero is defeated timeline because the silver gauntlet was sealed inside the temple with a block that couldn't be moved without said gauntlet, so he went back in time to do the child segment of the temple because it was the only way to progress but the temple he returned to was not the one he left behind, it was the temple in the future of the new timeline when he returned to the past to do the child segment of the temple because he couldn't move the block without the gauntlet. He rescue the sage of spirit in the future of the new timeline.

Also, it's possible that other magic wielders came to help the sages with rescuing the sage of spirit in the hero is defeated timeline and no I don't think it makes Link unecessary, first of all all the sages were all awakened and freed except for one so maybe that's how they succeeded in saving the sage of spirits because there was only one left to save which is why they could do it without Link but the idea that Link alone can do this is ridiculous it would imply the the gods think Link infallible when in fact he's fallible and mortal like most people around him. So of course the gods would need a plan B, with faillible and mortal beings you just have that, no one always wins or always get it right on their first try, everyone is bound to fail at least once in their life.

Secondly Link is not unecessary just because he gets help or because he's not a gary stu who always wins and never fail, if anything it's great that he failed at least once, it only serves to humanize him and show that he's not infallible, which is relatable, people can relate to that, because we all have failed at least once in our lives, we don't always get it right, with poor mortals you just have that. The existence of the hero is defeated timeline can only be explained by the failure to save the sage of spirits because the tool needed to save her was sealed behind a block that couldn't be moved without said tool. That makes far more sense than the dumb theory of "Link died in the final battle". As that guy pointed out in the video, Link heroes always face the possibility of dying in all 18 games and it's absurd to claim that every time a Link hero dies a new timeline/split occures (it wasn't death that caused the split here), because there would literally be far more timelines than just three.

Also, how could Link die in this case? He must remain alive and go back in time to create a new timeline because only returning to the past can create a new timeline, the hero is defeated timeline exists not because Link died but because he failed and had to returned to the past to progress in the temple but in a new timelibe and if he had died in the final battle, there would be only one timeline, because he wouldn't have been sent to the past by Zelda at the end of the final battle which means there would be no child timeline nor would there be an adult timeline since that split wouldn't have happened and he wouldn't have been alive to travel back in time in the Spirit Temple which means there would be no hero is defeated timeline either. There would be only one timeline and not three. Yet it doesn't stop people from making the absurd claim that Link died in the final battle and that's why a timeline split happened which as I just demonstrated is simply not true. Hyrule Historia said that Link was defeated, it says nothing about him dying, I don't know why people made that jump, it makes absolutely no sense.

Also, I find it sad that they went from 7 sages of BOTH genders to let's have 7 maiden/chicks instead in ALTTP. Really? Was it all that necessary? How is it okay to remove the gender diversity? And in TP, the Hylian royals and their gods have become so biased and racist, that all 7 sages are HYLIAN. Yeah, not only is this the complete opposite of racial diversity, I'm pretty sure that those 7 HYLIAN sages were biased in their judgment and their views of non-Hylians (also they would only care about preserving their Hylian privilege), it can only cause an even greater imbalance in power between the races, not only that but the Hylian royal family are not the "good guys" we've been socially conditioned to believe that they are hrowing up, the Hylian royal family is guilty of having committed many horrific atrocities against the various peoples of Hyrule and not only did the blindly loyal Sheikah who blindly obeyed the Hylian royals (not all of them refused to think for themselves and question things, but the ones that did were killed or disappeared somewhere, probably in the Shadow Temple, Well of Three Features or Arbiter's Grounds to be interrogated, tortured, murdered and erased from recorded history) aided them in committing those atrocities but having 7 HYLIAN sages who blindly obey them, never think for themselves and never question them on top of this, that's even more messed up. This wouldn't have continued if the Hylian royals had not been allowed to maintain the imbalance in power between the races and had not been allowed to abuse their power unnoposed because no one had the courage to push back since they were being subjected to mass mind-reading and mass surveillance and didn't want to be disappeared, interrogated, tortured, killed in gruesome way and erased from recorded history.

See my post right here for more explanations:

https://www.zeldadungeon.net/forum/...d-reading-and-global-mass-surveillance.75372/

There was a must watch video that I definitely wanted to show you with this theory about the multiverse, Hyrule, Termina and the gap between dimensions and how the twisted corridor hallway in the forest temple in OOT foreshadow Link walking through the twisting corridor portal leading to Termina after crossing the forest in MM and how Phantom Ganon's sword with the names of the two Termina blacksmiths on it but apparently this video was taken down. Dammit, it was a great video too, it had been up for years to, it sucks that it was taken down.

The theory makes perfect sense to me. Also, someone else must have freed the sage of spirits on the hero is defeated timeline. Link is not the only hero, he meets other heroes on his journey, heroes who have accomplished great things (heck, there's even a story about a legendary Goron hero who defeated Volvagia in the last with the megaton hammer and Darunia and his son are his descendants). Link failed on the hero is defeated timeline because the silver gauntlet was sealed inside the temple with a block that couldn't be moved without said gauntlet, so he went back in time to do the child segment of the temple because it was the only way to progress but the temple he returned to was not the one he left behind, it was the temple in the future of the new timeline when he returned to the past to do the child segment of the temple because he couldn't move the block without the gauntlet. He rescue the sage of spirit in the future of the new timeline.
I understand the mechanics of the theory. I'm just saying that there are problems with it.

Also, it's possible that other magic wielders came to help the sages with rescuing the sage of spirit in the hero is defeated timeline and no I don't think it makes Link unecessary, first of all all the sages were all awakened and freed except for one so maybe that's how they succeeded in saving the sage of spirits because there was only one left to save which is why they could do it without Link but the idea that Link alone can do this is ridiculous it would imply the the gods think Link infallible when in fact he's fallible and mortal like most people around him. So of course the gods would need a plan B, with faillible and mortal beings you just have that, no one always wins or always get it right on their first try, everyone is bound to fail at least once in their life.
My problem with the theory is not that there are other capable people around. It's that they would be pulling their punches until after Link is gone. I also find it strange that a goddess of time would even need a plan B. In fact, if I remember correctly, there were even inscription that basically told Link that he had to go back in time at that point. It was planned out before hand.

Secondly Link is not unecessary just because he gets help or because he's not a gary stu who always wins and never fail, if anything it's great that he failed at least once, it only serves to humanize him and show that he's not infallible, which is relatable, people can relate to that, because we all have failed at least once in our lives, we don't always get it right, with poor mortals you just have that. The existence of the hero is defeated timeline can only be explained by the failure to save the sage of spirits because the tool needed to save her was sealed behind a block that couldn't be moved without said tool. That makes far more sense than the dumb theory of "Link died in the final battle". As that guy pointed out in the video, Link heroes always face the possibility of dying in all 18 games and it's absurd to claim that every time a Link hero dies a new timeline/split occures (it wasn't death that caused the split here), because there would literally be far more timelines than just three.
Except, that the theory in question posits that Link never actually lost. He still wins, but by abandoning the very thing he sought to save. I prefer the theory that the origional set of events held no chance for Link to win, but fought against Ganondorf anyway, likely as his young version. This led to the downfall timeline, where a few Triforce wishes are made. (I prefer the one at the end of Zelda 2, but others like the one at the end of A Link to the Past.) One particularly strong wish retroactively fixes the problem, in the past, creating the conditions for Ganondorf's defeat, and probably even makes the time travel we see in Ocarina of Time possible. Though the light arrows are commonly pointed to as a key element that could have been sent back in time, as well.

I am also realizing that Link vanishing from the timeline should have a similar result that led to Wind Waker. With the spirit of the hero being gone, there is no reincarnation, and we have the setup for Wind Waker. Instead, Link reincarnates relatively quickly, suggesting that he really did die for that timeline.

Also, I find it sad that they went from 7 sages of BOTH genders to let's have 7 maiden/chicks instead in ALTTP. Really? Was it all that necessary? How is it okay to remove the gender diversity? And in TP, the Hylian royals and their gods have become so biased and racist, that all 7 sages are HYLIAN. Yeah, not only is this the complete opposite of racial diversity, I'm pretty sure that those 7 HYLIAN sages were biased in their judgment and their views of non-Hylians (also they would only care about preserving their Hylian privilege), it can only cause an even greater imbalance in power between the races, not only that but the Hylian royal family are not the "good guys" we've been socially conditioned to believe that they are hrowing up, the Hylian royal family is guilty of having committed many horrific atrocities against the various peoples of Hyrule and not only did the blindly loyal Sheikah who blindly obeyed the Hylian royals (not all of them refused to think for themselves and question things, but the ones that did were killed or disappeared somewhere, probably in the Shadow Temple, Well of Three Features or Arbiter's Grounds to be interrogated, tortured, murdered and erased from recorded history) aided them in committing those atrocities but having 7 HYLIAN sages who blindly obey them, never think for themselves and never question them on top of this, that's even more messed up. This wouldn't have continued if the Hylian royals had not been allowed to maintain the imbalance in power between the races and had not been allowed to abuse their power unnoposed because no one had the courage to push back since they were being subjected to mass mind-reading and mass surveillance and didn't want to be disappeared, interrogated, tortured, killed in gruesome way and erased from recorded history.
I consider the sages we see in Twilight Princess to be in disguise. They have floating masks for faces, after all. I have even theorized that the seven Hylian men we see for the Link to the Past prologue were disguises. In both cases, we can't say for sure who, or what, either of those sages are.

The rest of that, I am sad to say, is how you read into the game

There was a must watch video that I definitely wanted to show you with this theory about the multiverse, Hyrule, Termina and the gap between dimensions and how the twisted corridor hallway in the forest temple in OOT foreshadow Link walking through the twisting corridor portal leading to Termina after crossing the forest in MM and how Phantom Ganon's sword with the names of the two Termina blacksmiths on it but apparently this video was taken down. Dammit, it was a great video too, it had been up for years to, it sucks that it was taken down.
It sounds familiar. I may have seen it.

I understand the mechanics of the theory. I'm just saying that there are problems with it.

My problem with the theory is not that there are other capable people around. It's that they would be pulling their punches until after Link is gone. I also find it strange that a goddess of time would even need a plan B. In fact, if I remember correctly, there were even inscription that basically told Link that he had to go back in time at that point. It was planned out before hand.

Except, that the theory in question posits that Link never actually lost. He still wins, but by abandoning the very thing he sought to save. I prefer the theory that the origional set of events held no chance for Link to win, but fought against Ganondorf anyway, likely as his young version. This led to the downfall timeline, where a few Triforce wishes are made. (I prefer the one at the end of Zelda 2, but others like the one at the end of A Link to the Past.) One particularly strong wish retroactively fixes the problem, in the past, creating the conditions for Ganondorf's defeat, and probably even makes the time travel we see in Ocarina of Time possible. Though the light arrows are commonly pointed to as a key element that could have been sent back in time, as well.

I am also realizing that Link vanishing from the timeline should have a similar result that led to Wind Waker. With the spirit of the hero being gone, there is no reincarnation, and we have the setup for Wind Waker. Instead, Link reincarnates relatively quickly, suggesting that he really did die for that timeline.

I consider the sages we see in Twilight Princess to be in disguise. They have floating masks for faces, after all. I have even theorized that the seven Hylian men we see for the Link to the Past prologue were disguises. In both cases, we can't say for sure who, or what, either of those sages are.

The rest of that, I am sad to say, is how you read into the game

It sounds familiar. I may have seen it.

I geuss we can agree to disagree but his theory makes perfect sense to me and from what I've seen there isn't any evidence against it. It's the only time in the game that you really have to go back in time in order to make progress, because of failure to progress further because of an immovable obstacle and not having the tool to remove it. Like I said, if Link didn't have at least one failure in his life, he would not be relatable. So I fail to see why some people have a problem with the fact that Link lost on one timeline (the hero is defeated timeline; the ALTTP timeline) but succeeded on another (the adult timeline; the WW timeline). But like I said we can agree to disagree. As for me, I agree with his theory because his exaplanation make perfect sense to me and because a Link who lost at least once is obviously more relatable than a Gary Stu who always overpower everything and never has any failure in his life. People can relate to characters who have some failures, imperfections, flaws, etc, as opposed to Mary Sues and Gary Stues who are perfect, no flaws, no failure, always overpower everything, always win, etc. And the gods in the Zelda franchise have proven time and time again that they were faillible and imperfect and that they didn't always get it right and sometimes just made things worse and caused unecessary suffering. Also, Link was a plan B in the first game because it's only after Hylia and the golden goddesses failed to destroy Demise during the war that Hylia decided to have a mortal chosen hero who once he entered adulthood was called to go on a quest to find the triforce and destroy Demise, to succeed were the divine beings failed, so apparently mortal heroes are stronger and more resistant than deities (Nintendo logic).

Link only became a chosen hero because the gods failed to destroy Demise all on their own during the war without involving any mortal into their conflict with him, because they couldn't defeat him on their own. The fact that they needed a mortal as their chosen hero because they failed to destroy Demise during the war and could only imprison him in a seal that was merely holding him back for a while prove that they couldn't destroy him themselves, just reduce him to the imprisoned beast you see in the game and imprisoning with a seal that wouldn't hold on forever. The gods saw that the world was on borrowed time if they couldn't get a mortal chosen hero to destroy Demise. The gods themselves were plan A and when they failed the mortal chosen hero was plan B and they sent him to destroy Demise. Valoo is such a weak god that he needs a 10-year-old to save his skin from a freaking spider. Why didn't he just use his divine powers and squash the spider? This is ridiculous. He was crying like a baby and waiting for a 10-year-old child to rescue him from a freaking bug. It's funny and pathetic.

The gods always make things worse for the mortals in Zelda games (they even covered like 95% of Hyrule in ocean water once in an attempt to kill one enemy who in the end was right when he pointed out that "YOUR GODS KILLED YOU!!"), cause unecessary suffering, drag the mortals into their conflicts, have lots of mortals killed in the crossfire (Hylia even sent the strong military humans with swords and giant birds and knight academies skyward and used cowardly little plant creatures and limbless jellyfish as canon fodders against the demon armies and she sealed the demon extremely close to the one temple he was never supposed to reach, she's quite the bimbo for a god, she's made very dumb and catastrophic decisions that caused a lot of unecessary suffering and deaths and her plan was flawed because she gave the Hylian royal family the power to rule in a global monarchy and then the Hylian royal family committed horrific atrocities against the people of Hyrule and they kept getting away with it, with things like building torture and execution chambers and practicing global mass mind-reading and global mass surveillance, torture, genocide, Gerudo apartheid, their treatment of the Sheikah and the Twili, etc, Hylian's plan was flawed and she failed to realize that internal matters and internal corruption in the royal family would cause Demise's curse on the bearers of the triforce to repeat endlessly when in fact she could have abolished the monarchy and given the people of the land democracy and voting rights instead of an easily corrupt and fascist royalty), fail to defeat a mere demon who is yes a demon and not divine but a created being, a fallen angel, a fallen servant of the gods (a divine being's existence far predates that of demons and angels and yet the Hyrulean goddesses failed to destroy Demise and had to have Link do it for them), and they can't even defeat a demon, they need a mortal hero to do it for them. Because they're weaker than a mortal hero??? It's utter and complete nonsense.

My God (Jesus Christ) is far superior to the Hylians' puny gods, he didn't need a mortal hero's help to outsmart Satan and break his hold on humanity at Calvary or Golgotha where his mortal body was killed. What's the point of the Hyrulean gods being divine beings if they're so weak and need a mortal guy like Link to fight their battles for them or to protect their supposedly created mortal children? Zelda games are interesting but they never made much sense to me as a (Center-Left) Christian and Monotheist and no matter how much I appreciate parts of those games and theorizing about them and quite enjoyed playing them back in the days (I played all the Zelda games except for the GBA games, WW, and the Switch games), paganism and polytheism make no sense to me (even though I have friends of all religions and even non-religious/atheist friends, I love them but I told them that we could be friends only insofar as they don't try to convert me to their religions or deconvert me from my Christian faith, live and let live is my motto)...

I wish people would put through their thick skull that there's no "reincarnation". People take Demise's words way too literally. He said his hatared is "reborn" (that means Demise cast a curse before he vanishing and that Hyrule and the bearers of the triforce will be plagued by demons and monsters for as long as the cycle/curse will be allowed to continue and Link and Zelda don't seem in a hurry to end said cycle/curse because they don't want to give up their favorite punching bag and torture toy, Ganondorf, and they'd rather continue to kill him over and over and over and over again for a bit of fun than free his poor soul from the Curse of Demise that poor Ganondorf never asked or chose to be born under and finally let him rest in peace, Zelda games push the myth of "redemptive violence", don't free the "villain" from the curse and don't redeem him, just beat the hell out of him and kill him over and over and over again, because that's going to make things better right, if it didn't the first few hundred times you did it why would it work now all of a sudden, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again and expect different results), he never said "I will be reborn" or "I will reincarnate". He never said "I" or used first person. Demise does not "reincarnate" nor is Ganondorf Demise "reincarnated" in a mortal human body. It's said that his hatred is "reborn" NOT himself (in the japanese version it's called the curse of the demon tribe), that is demons and monsters will plague the land continually for as long as the curse/cycle is allowed to continue.

There is no "reincarnation". They are always different Links and Zeldas, not the same one in different bodies or coming back as babies with no memories of who they are and imaginary so-called past lives. They are always different Links and Zeldas, never the same ones. At best, it's the "spirit of the hero" or the qualities or the hero, not a literal spirit, that incarnates in every hero. A chosen hero is simply someone who has the qualities to do the task. And those qualities and traits are the "spirit of the hero". Also the fact that there are two Zeldas in "The Adventure of Link" at the same time and two related Link heroes who speak face to face in Twilight Princess disprove "reincarnation". Also, the king/talking boat in WW said that says there is no connection between the boy he carries with him (WW Link) and the Hero of Time (this didn't seem to stop Ganondorf from mistaking WW Link for OOT Link and calling him the hero of time a couple times in WW), disproving "reincarnation" once again. Ganondorf never "reincarnate", he's resurrected, these are not the same thing. He's resurrected and always has his memories intact. There is no "reincarnation".

The whole "reincarnation" thing has been debunked so many times it made me sick.

And it reminds me of this very stupid theory that some folks came up with that has been debunked countless times but it doesn't stop some dumb people from still pushing it to this day:

This theory has been debunked countless times, here's a couple of examples:

Even though Sharp said that Ikana is "no place for one as full of life as yourself" and the melody of darkness was draining Link's LIFEFORCE because he was AMONG THE LIVING. On that alone their ridiculous "Link is dead in Majora's Mask" theory collapses. Not to mention that OOT-MM Link went back to Hyrule after his adventure in Termina, survived well into adulthood, settled down, had kids/descendants, and Twilight Princess Link is HIS DESCENDANT. On that alone too their ridiculous "Link is dead in Majora's Mask" theory collapses. If you died as a 10 year-old child, you didn't live long enough to have a descendant, which means Twilight Princess Link wouldn't exist. Silly people.

Also, as you can see here, some losers have nothing better to do with their time than coming up with ridiculous conspiracy theories about Zelda games such as "Link is a Nazi" or "Nintendo supports Nazism":

Yeah, I know, people who believe that kind of nonsense conspiracy theory are just dumb, it's laughable and ridiculous. :lol::lol:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom