• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask The Perfect Final 3 Day Cycle Challenge!

:) Elick here again, coming to you guys with a challenge.
Basically what the Perfect 3 Day challenge is where you do all of these things in ONE 3 Day Cycle.

Here are the Steps in the Challenge:

1.Beat all the bosses.
2.Beat the Goron races.
3.Return the deku Princess.
4.Save the Ranch.
5. Do the Anju and Kafie Quest start to finish.
6.Deliver the Milk.
7. Play with the Band.
8.Do all the Moon dungeons. (I didn't say Temples.)
9.Beat Majora.

Video of mine
[video=youtube;Qe6RUee0Yvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6RUee0Yvc[/video]

This is going to be a fun challenge!
But I recommend of have beaten the game first before doing it.
If someone wants to take the Challenge, go for it!
I would, but I can't Find my Capture Card, but Once I find it, I'll try the challenge.

Good Luck
Elick. :)

EDIT: I made a Guide for it! It is on the second page! And yes it is possible. Also I do have a new capture card so I'll do a video over it later.
EDIT 2: I have finally got around to Uploading it, I'll post it in the next page once it's finished.

Last edited:

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Someone has already done something similar to this, I believe a while back in Majora's Mask month ZD made an article of another Zelda site doing a live stream of a three-day challenge plus a minimalist run. (Minimalist is where you only get the items that are absolutely required, nothing else.)

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
This is an impossible challenge. You would have to slow down time x100 to do this in a one three day cycle.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Yeah I'm with Ganondorf & dadude1200 .. this is virtually impossible. First, to get to the Ranch on the first day you need the Powder Keg, which you can't get until you have the bow, and to get that you have to take care of the swamp and most of the Woodfall Temple. You then have to do everything to get the Goron mask, pass the powder keg test (I believe you can do so when it's still winter, if not then you have to do the Snowhead region & temple first), go to the ranch and get Epona & the Bunny Hood (needed to reach the chest with the Captain's Hat without the hookshot), then head to the Graveyard and get the Captain's hat so you can learn the Song of Storms (which can only be done on the first night) before saving the cows. On top of that, all this has to be done while juggling the first day tasks of the Anju/Kafei sidequest.

And that's just the first day.. you'd still have to cram in the Bay & Canyon (and probably Snowhead) and their temples, as well as work in the A/K sidequest and the other stuff you haven't done yet. Looking at the first day alone, it just doesn't seem possible to get everything for that day done in time, even with time slowed down.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, because I tried this way back as a kid, and quickly found it to be impossible due to schedules and item availability and whatnot.

hmm i think it is possible.. i mean I've done most of those things on the list in a 3 day cycle. i don't know if you want to beat all the regular dungeons on that cycle or not(if you want to do that then it is impossible).

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I'm sure its possible if you already have all the dungeons complete, and the boss warps activated, so that you just fly right through, beating all them and getting to the other quests with the remaining time. I doubt there would be much time left however, unless you have totally memorized the bosses and can beat them in under a few in-game hours. Goat and the others can be annoying sometimes about that.
But beating it on a new file, all on a one three-day cycle? Impossible... as you already have to go to the third day just to get your ocarina back.

Edit... actually no... even with what I said above. The Anju and Kafei sidequest takes place over the course of all three days, from day one of a new three-day cycle, starting around 8 am if I am correct. Thus, even more impossible to do whatever else.

Blah impossible challenge blah.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I've done this challenge myself and I've found out this challenge is impossible to do unless you've already beaten all the dungeons.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Completing the entire game in just one 3 day cycles is possible (this does not count the beginning Deku sequence). You need to slow time down by playing the Inverse Song of Time. However, I think you have too many objectives in your list. If I were to do a 3 day challenge, I would go for a minimalist run. Collect bottles and heart containers, but only as much as you need. Collect as few masks as you can, like collecting the Bunny Hood is vital to this challenge, but some other masks are not needed. The Anju & Kafei sidequest would have to go - there just isn't enough time to do this in one 3 Day cycles while completing the 4 Main Dungeons/Temple along with it. I'm pretty sure this has been done before in ZD, and I'm sure it can be repeated.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Truly the only mask that are required to beat the game are the Captain's Hat to learn the SoS, Garo's Mask to enter the upper portion of Ikana, Gibdo Mask to get the Mirror Shield not only that but what makes this task almost impossible is if you beat all dungeons start to finish and still complete the Kafei/Anju.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Well, I was not talking about a 3 day challenge itself being impossible, rather his challenge to be impossible. I worded it poorly.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
What makes this challenge even more difficult/impossible is you have to get the Hero/Fairy Bow to even enter Snowhead then get the Lens of Truth so you can get the Goron Mask, Learn the Goron Lullaby so you get enter Snowhead Temple to get the Fire Arrows so you can melt the Ice blocking the Powder Keg Goron while doing that you need to keep track of the Kafei/Anju SQ. Last but not least you have to do the meeting with Anju in the Kitchen(11:00pm), Save the Ranch(2:30am), and get the Captain's Hat so you can learn the SoS all in one night.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I've done this challenge myself and I've found out this challenge is impossible to do unless you've already beaten all the dungeons.

Interesting though, he only says you have to beat the 4 bosses, not necessarily beat the temples. But I have to assume he means to do the temples as part of beating the bosses i.e. do this run on the 2nd cycle, right after you've returned to normal (which we all pretty much agree is impossible). Because if not, then it really isn't much of a challenge .. I always spend one cycle doing the A/K sidequest and saving the ranch/delivering the milk, and there's definitely plenty of time to fit in the other things in his challenge (if it meant bypassing the temples & just doing the bosses).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom