• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The One That Pulled You In

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The first Zelda people buy is always the best in their opinion. The one I like the most is Twilight Princess. Though I did see Wind Waker gameplay before it, it was just my friends playing it. I was just looking for a good Wii game and heard the hype surrounding TP and I got it. It was one of the best games I've ever played.

It would have to be OoT for me. I'd played a few games before that: my brother and I got an original gameboy system for free from someone, and it had LA, but I was so young I couldn't figure out much of what to do; then later, we got a gameboy color, and my brother purchased OoA, which I was actually able to beat at that point, being a bit older, although I had some serious difficulties at certain points. Then a while later, when we got a gameboy advance, I eventually got MC; not because it was a Zelda game, but because it had pretty good ratings on game sites. But I still wasn't hooked on the Zelda series really, as didn't think much about playing other games from it.
Then my friend got a free N64, which we decided we'd share, and split the cost of games. One of the first games we got was, of course, OoT. We played it almost non-stop whenever we were both in the same place, and it was just totally awesome. Then of course, when I found there was a sequel to it (MM) we just had to get that. So I've been hooked on the Zelda series ever since.

Qwerty0805

Pixelated Sword Member
The first Zelda people buy is always the best in their opinion.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Phantom Hourglass is the first game I played and I think it's the worst in the series (Other than the CD-i ones). Also, don't most of the posts in this thread go against that idea?

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Twilight Princess

WW started an understanding that Zelda existed when I went to my friends house and he was playing it. Then skipping ahead a few years my other friends were talking about Minish cap and the new wii zelda. Note: I didnt own any zelda game at the time so I thought I see if the game was good. It was then a few years after that I tried a few other Zelda games and now I'm here.

Zarom

The King
The first Zelda I pplayed was OOT. And it's also the one that hooked me in the series. Since then, I have bought many other Zeldas. :)

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I've always loved Oot since I was a little kid and I never really looked it up after until I heard more zelda titles. When I saw Twilight Princess I really wanted to buy a wii and play it. That was when I got hooked into the series. I would look up zelda games on wikipedia and other sites.

Y

yumijanine

I remember being around 6 years old when i first played Ocarina of Time. Well, it was my brother who did all the playing I just watched.

As we grew up my bro grew into a Sony fanboy while i remained true to Nintendo. 4 years later was when I played Oot again and remembered all the nightmares and joys that game gave me. I really enjoyed every moment, and that was the start of it all. Zelda played a crucial role in my childhood! I wouldn't want it any other way. :)

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I remember being around 6 years old when i first played Ocarina of Time. Well, it was my brother who did all the playing I just watched.

As we grew up my bro grew into a Sony fanboy while i remained true to Nintendo. 4 years later was when I played Oot again and remembered all the nightmares and joys that game gave me. I really enjoyed every moment, and that was the start of it all. Zelda played a crucial role in my childhood! I wouldn't want it any other way. :)
I definately agree! Everything's true except for the Brother turning into a Sony fan part... He turned into a no-gamer person! :lol:

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Probably A Link to The Past was the real game that pulled me into The Legend Of Zelda. It was the first game i've played years ago, and i also wanted a new kind of Zelda game since i was really addicted with my old Link To The Past on the SNESS. The dungeons and the whole game play was very attracting to me, back in those times Mario was better for me. But that's because Mario has a lot of Games. I miss the old times, the 2D games.
But then they released a other Zelda game for the Nintento 64, exactly, Ocarina of Time. Well actually years later, but this game was also very attracting. The gameplay, the 3D, the adult Link and plenty more reasons. So OoT was the reason i bought Majora's Mask and the rest.

But my addiction started with A Link To The Past, till today i still love this game, same for OoT. OoT was like an improved Alttp. But i never played OoT if i didn't play aLttP, so i really have to say that AlltP pulled me into the games. However OoT was ways better and let me played the other Zelda games like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Minish Cap. I have to say that Majora's Mask was a disappointment in the past, but that was because i didn't understand English very well. The same was for OoT, but my parents bought a whole Walkthrough something ''book''. So if i was stuck i had always my help, hehe.

So it all started with A Link To The Past in combination with Ocarina of Time. After i've played Majora's Mask finally and The Wind Waker it started to be my Favorite game ever, i'm a huge fan of Zelda games with Mario still as my second favorite. Let it be for plenty more years.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
The first Zelda I played was LoZ way back when, just a little before they released the SNES. Was pretty young back then, but I recall being somewhat impressed by the colorful Octorok's and wanting to play this game some more. Alas, my brother would have none of it as playing LoZ involved me sitting in his room in front of his TV all day.:lol:

I didn't really get into Zelda until I finally got an SNES and played Alttp. Was incredible; still is. I don't believe I could've ever really enjoyed the original LoZ without playing Alttp first. Alttp got me interested in the storyline, which caused me to buy many more zeldas in the future.

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I've only played WW and the ones on the collector's edition but if I had to choose it would definitely be WW.

I really liked OoT and MM, but WW I found to be the most charming. The dialogue is so cute, (OoT's revolves a bit too much around romantic possibilities imho) and there were just some of those WOW moments, like the very ending and most of Windfall Island that made the game worth way more than the $20 I paid for it.

I'm part of the generation that was hooked by Ocarina of Time, I started playing when I was 4 years old and still up to this very day play on it from time to time, I also still find it a challenge to complete sometimes.

I am exactly the same as you. Ocarina of Time was the first Zelda game I ever played and from the first time I saw Link gallop across Hyrule Field at dawn on Epona, I knew that this was something special. It's still my favourite game out of all the ones I've played, Twilight Princess being a close second. Since then, I have never lost my love for the series.

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
I played OoT and MM, and I liked them a lot. Those games were like an introduction to the series for me.

The game that made me a real Zelda fan was WW. The change from the N64 graphics to the GC graphics helped a lot, I'm one of those people that actually love WW graphics. I get in a good mood just by looking at them!:) But it was mainly the story that had me hooked.

Then I learned about all the different games and even now I'm trying to beat some of them so I'm able to know more about the complete Zelda story.

Last edited:
N

No_Comment

I got the Oracle series at te age of 6/7 (not completly sure) and I did play boh games a lot, but I didn't know that this a game from one of the greatest game series ever, plus I wasn't able to complete any of them.

Then a year ago, I found this pretty cool website, it had a lot of N64s and GCs games, so I bought LoZ (as a NES Classic for GBA) and MM. So it was the original Legend of Zelda and MM that got me hooked. Then 5 months later, I had collected all the Zelda games but TP (I didn't have a Wii at that point) and I had completed 7 of them. Sadly, around X-mas time I stopped playing because I got interresed in Sonic Mega Collection. I've just started playing them again, I completed OoT again last week!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom