• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art The Ocarina Of Time (Retold)

S

ScottyMcGee

[FONT=&quot]The Legend of Zelda[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ocarina of Time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As retold by Scotty McGee[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Prologue
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] ---------------------
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Let me tell you a legend, a legend of my ancestors. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It is my favorite bedtime story, and I am very proud to be the upholder of that story.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] My great-great-great-grandmother, who knows how great, lived in a time of unrest in Hyrule. The land back then was just a land, with many men under many banners. The tribes were scattered, even to other worlds. Monsters appeared for the first time, and people knew not how to cope with them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] It was then that my ancestor, whose name was Zelda, used a power unlike any other to ward off those beasts. She had a brother, whose name was forgotten because he was looked down upon, and was merely the Prince. The Prince became envious of his sister's fame and glory. The people talked and gossiped more about Zelda than him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] When the Prince was riding alone one day, a wizard came up to him and told him the secret behind Zelda's power. Zelda was infused with the Force of Wisdom, part of a three-triangle artifact called the Triforce. At once, the Prince rushed to the castle and forced the information out of Zelda.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] No matter what he did or said, Zelda refused to reveal the Force of Wisdom.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Prince was fed up. He decided to resort to using magic. He found the wizard again and the two joined forces to get the Force of Wisdom from Zelda.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] However, when the wizard appeared before her, he used terrible magic. The Prince, frightened, rushed to stop the wizard but it was too late. Zelda was killed by the blast of magic he had created.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Sickened and depraved over what he had started, the Prince broke into tears and cried over his dead sister's body. He was filled with grief so much that he made a song for her, a song filled with so much love that its notes held magical powers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] It was known as Zelda's Lullaby.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He made his own ocarina, blew into it, and sung:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Go to sleep,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] oh my dear love,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and be free of hate and greed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Do not[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] be afraid,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I will see you soon.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] And we will cherish,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] everything we had.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] We will meet again[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I know.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] So filled with grief, he died of a broken heart. But from such love, such magic, the lullaby had the reverse effect; it resurrected Princess Zelda.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Zelda buried her dear brother. She found the wizard, brought him to justice, but instead of giving him the capital punishment, she told him he must save one life with his magic to atone for her brother's. The people were astounded by her wisdom. Eventually the wizard did what she was told and vanished from Hyrule.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] To commemorate that timeless event, every princess was to be named Zelda, just like me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] How much of the legend is true or has been embellished I do not know, but I have enough faith to believe. Between Belief and Truth lies a fine line when judging a legend. I wonder if I myself will become a legend, or if someone I know will become one too.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I would like to think so. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I have been dreaming about a boy lately. He's so tall, so handsome. I wish the dream will never end.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] In case, whoever is reading this, has not yet realized I am only a girl, and yet I write as if I were a grown woman. That must be from the Wisdom of Zelda. I have apparently gone ahead of myself so much that I did not even introduce myself; that must be the childish side of me.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] At any matter, the dreams I have been having are about a boy. He comes from the forest. Who he is, what his name is, or whatever else I do not know. All I know is that it was love at first sight, and I did not even meet him yet![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Impa tells me that every princess has dreams from the last one. I wonder if I should ask my mother if SHE had any dreams about handsome boys when she was little.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] There I go ahead of myself again. Impa is my nurse. She's old, and sometimes I'm afraid of her because she's so strong and tough for an old lady. She doesn't like to be called an “old lady,” but rather “middle aged” would suffice.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I feel like writing a lot today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I know a lot about history. I can tell you everything that happened in Hyrule. Maybe even more than Rauru, our city's oldest sage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But I won't.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I just keep thinking about that dream...about that boy.[/FONT]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[FONT=&quot] I am Mudora, the first Sage of this Land. Therefore, I do not intend to make any man laugh when I say I am as old as time itself. I am old enough for my memory to fade, and I cannot tell you where I was born, how I was born, or even from whom I was born. I keep track of all that happens in this Land, which was once a sacred land borne from the goddesses I have served.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] I do remember how the lands have peopled since the goddesses inhabited this world. I was chosen by the goddesses to become Hyrule's historian, and since then I was given the gift of immortality. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] In the east, the forests grew. I was sent there to record the nature of the land. The forest is where the fairies come from, where sorcery reigns and mysteries can be found in the deepest of hollows. The Dekus live for such a long time, but not as long as I have. They start out as sprouts, and then when the time comes, they burrow into the ground and become seeds, waiting for the glorious day when they grow into a Deku Tree. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] In the south, the water is plentiful. The Great Zororian River runs through the plains. I have seen the fish grow into what people now call Zoras. The legend told of a woman who fell in love with a fish. Her love was so great the fish turned into a man, and from them come the Zora Tribe. They are peaceful people, and always invite others into their underwater realm, which very few men have seen.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] In the north, the land is harder and the road is more difficult. The mountains lie there. The goddesses breathed life into the rocks and the boulders, and from there the Goron Tribe came. Massive and powerful, they are ever restless, making bombs, exploding things, and their mountains are always trembling. No man has ever come out alive, and people feared the Gorons. They called it Death Mountain.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] But what of the west? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The west is a scoured land; a land that knows nothing but the rules of war and conquest. The Gerudos are scum and villainous. Legend says they fought so much that nature itself dwindled with the explosions, and the desert was born. The women of the Gerudos believed the men to be the cause of all this terror; a gender conflict arose. They killed them all, slew the men in their sleep. It was not long for the women to realize their mistake; their entire race will wipe out in time. To atone for this, they held an age-old tradition to find a man every century and he shall be king for some time. He will repopulate the desert, and if any boy is born the Gerudos shall slay him instantly.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] And then there were the Hylians.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Unique in their ability, they were infused with the power of the goddesses themselves. They were the greatest of all beings, with their power and their technology. I have seen their mere town develop into a massive kingdom. I have seen the Great Castle in its state of construction. The Hylians were unlike the humans of other worlds. Their ears were pointed, and some said it was to hear the will of the goddesses. Their fighters, the Sheikah, were the most renown warriors anyone had ever seen, performing feats of magic and uncanny ability that no other mortal could dare possess. Over the ages, the legacy behind their lineage dwindled, and the Hylians become mere denizens of the Land. The Sheikah also dwindled as time moved on, and they moved with the wind into myth and legend.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For a long time I have seen these places thrive. The land became wider, wilder, filled with both terrible and wonderful things. The Hylians became the dominant species, no longer a tribe but a population. They spread their influence to the other tribes, trade was made, and culture was shared.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The goddesses had made other worlds too, worlds beyond our borders and comprehension. Over time, belief in the goddesses were mixed, and other great beings were seen as gods and deities. Very few, including me, still keep to heart the truth and belief of the three goddesses – Farore, Nayru, and Din.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For a long time, the Land was of many banners, but one day, the Great Hero Gustav brought them all under one banner and became the first king. From that day forward, the land we now know as Hyrule was established.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] And yet...not all was at peace.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The wind blew hot air from the west, a hot air that held the aroma of some Dark Magic, a Dark Magic not known ever before. It turned the hearts of elves into evil. It rose the dead from the ground. It gave birth to a dragon in Death Mountain. It poisoned the Great Lake of the Zoras. And it sucked the forest dry of its sorcery.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The west will bring about an abomination untold throughout the history of this land, an abomination not even I have seen, but have foreseen. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] My parting shall be swift, my parting shall be nigh. It is time for the people of Hyrule to take their fate into their own hands. I have been given immortality, but not physically. My spirit will linger on forever in this book.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The appointed time is near. Someone shall change the course of history, but who that is, I do not know. He will be different. He will travel across many ages and many lands. He was the hero of yesterday, he is the hero of today, and he will be the hero of tomorrow, all at once.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] He was, is, and always will be, the Hero of Time.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Nice! Very epic.

I love how you blended the storyline of Zelda II into OoT and I like that you created the Sage Mudora! (Where the book in ALTTP comes from!) The little story you had about the Zoras ( a woman fell in love with a fish, so he became a man) was very cute, too. The origin of the Gerudo makes downright sense.

S

ScottyMcGee

[FONT=&quot]1) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A Bad Day[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Man from the West haunted his dreams.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Every night, or at least every night that the poor boy could not sleep, the Man from the West was there. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The drawbridge clinked and clattered when it lowered. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Riding his black horse, charging through the drawbridge of Hyrule Castle, the man would almost trample the boy down. The horses' hooves echoed as the thunder crackled and the skies darkened. The entire world shook with Armageddon.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Man from the West would always halt several feet in front of the boy. He would look down upon him with the menacing glare of his black eyes. His skin was tan, blackened to the crisp by the sun, his clothes were mystical, and at his hip was his sheath.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] When the boy looked at him, the words and feelings that were conjured were “hatred,” “war,” but moreover “power.” The Man from the West was a powerful man, a man whom no one could defeat, a man who made the boy buckle and cower.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The Man would leap down from his horse and swing a great sword at the boy. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] At times the dream would end there, but other times the nightmare continued and the boy tried to do something different than the previous time, however vain. No matter where the boy ran, what the boy did, who the boy sought, the Man from the West would be there, and he would bring down his sword and slay him.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] And that was how it had been to sleep for this poor boy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] He would wake up startled every time after that dream, thinking his chest was cut open from the terrible sword. He would believe the Man from the West was still there, laughing down at him. He would still feel as though he were standing there before the castle drawbridge, in the middle of a great thunderstorm.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] But he was not.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] And every time he woke up he was glad the nightmare was not real.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Gradually he regained his breathing. He felt his pulse, brushed a hand through his blond hair, and unbuttoned his tunic, for he had been perspiring greatly.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The boy would not go back to sleep tonight, no, not tonight. He would stay up until the sun rose above the trees of the Lost Woods, and then stretch across to the Kokiri Forest, where the dancing fireflies faded.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He yawned and stretched. His house was built inside a tree, a simple one-roomed house, in which he had lived for as long as he could remember for ten whole years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For those ten years he had lived in that forest, where the kids never grew up. Where everything was lively and green, where nature thrived and where outdoor adventures lasted the whole day. Where the summer was eternal, blissful with ignorance of the outside world of Hyrule. Where the nights were warm not only from nature but from the bonfires and the laughter.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For ten years, that boy had to live through bullying.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He did not have one thing every other Kokiri kid did have.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He did not have a fairy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] No one knew why, and the Great Deku Tree, the guardian of the forest, did not bother to tell him why he was not born with a fairy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The boy tried not to be envious, but he could not help it. He would walk by people with shimmering lights near their heads, talking to them. There were yellow fairies, green fairies, purple, white, blue, and every other color he could think of.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] When he walked amongst those gay and lively kids, he could not help but feel alone. Sure a lot of people liked him, Saria, the Twins, the Know-it-all Brothers, and plenty of other kids. But kids like Mido, the village's toughest boy, would remind him every once and a while that he was not worthy of being a Kokiri.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] This boy looked around his room at these thoughts, these thoughts that came to him everyday, every morning. Nevertheless he looked fondly at everything and appreciated it. The day was fresh and new despite the nightmare. He was able to tuck it away in his mind easily, just like every other time.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] To his right was a bulletin, posted with the greatest fish he had ever caught at the lake. To his left on a table were his mischievous toys, such as his slingshot and his boomerang. The table in the center of the room had gifts that Saria gave him, gifts carved from wood.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] He got up and toyed with some of the trinkets, then decided to go outside and watch the sunrise. The forest was tranquil with hardly any noise anywhere, not even the birds were awake. However, the crickets still sang faintly and fireflies still danced about, as if knowing this was their last performance of the night until the sun rose.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The boy turned to look at the great tree he lived inside, with carvings of monsters and heroes on the bark. He smirked at them, remembering how at times Saria came over and carved things on the wood with him. That had been so long ago when they were but toddlers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He waited, and he waited, until the sun stretched out with its fingers and familiar noises began to fill the forest.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] The Kokiri kids woke up early to do their chores, then came the group breakfast, followed by free time, then more work, supper, the group choir, and finally dinner.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But sometimes this particular boy bended the rules a bit. His chores consisted of cutting the grass around the houses, but sometimes he would stand by the window and eavesdrop, or maybe even break a pot using his slingshot, then snickering when someone came in and exclaimed at the mess.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Everyone knew how mischievous and adventurous he acted, yet at the same time how lonely and quiet he really was. Very few followed what he did, knowing how much trouble they would get in from the Great Deku Tree. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But only one still liked the way he was, still visited him all the time, and was his first and greatest friend who was, of course, the green-haired girl Saria.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Each morning, Saria would run down the path to this boy's house, shouting his name. Her voice was like that of the most talented choirs, and her face shone as ever radiant as the sun. When the boy met with her each morning, all his sorrows and worries passed away, and all he could think about was her and the times they shared. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He looked down from his balcony and saw her running.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Saria dashed as if she had a dire purpose, when really it was just to say good morning like every other day.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] She finally skidded to a halt at the foot of the tree house, gasping for breath and laughing. She then straightened, put her hands on her hips and said, “Link! How come I'm not surprised you're up this early? C'mon, you know how much free time we could get if we start early.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link smiled at Saria, then went inside to take off his pajama tunic and dress up in the usual, green tunic that everyone wore, with slight variations. He then leaped down the ladder and followed her, already at the other side of the path.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Marla found a deku scrub the other day, I thought it was the cutest one I ever saw.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Hm-hm.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “And then later on, right before we were going to go to sleep, she thought she saw a wolf searching for it. She didn't know what it was doing, sniffing around the woods as if trying to find something.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Hm-hm.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Link?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Hm?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “You haven't paid attention to a word I said.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link cut through the high grass with his sword, lost in contemplation. Saria sat on a nearby boulder watching him work.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link asked, “Saria, do you know what . . . lies in the west?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Hm-hm,” mumbled Saria, rolling her eyes.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link stopped hacking away and stared at Saria, who was calmly looking at her nails and clearly not paying attention. Link sighed and said, “I'm sorry that I looked like I wasn't paying attention before. Yeah, yeah, the deku scrub and then the wolf, it all sounds very mysterious. But more mysterious to me is what lies in the West."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Saria thought looking up at the sky. She seemed as if she had an answer, but then shrugged. “No idea.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link resumed cutting the grass, but then paused again. “Do you think the Great Deku Tree knows?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Probably, why?"[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Just wondering.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “You do that a lot, you know. Wondering.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Depends.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link hacked some more of the high grass. “I hope it's a good thing.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Well, you get into a lot of trouble, so if you continue using it in your mischievous ways, then it's not. But I have faith in you, Link.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Link stopped cutting. He looked at her. “You do?”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Yes,” she said, nodding.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Promise me you will.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “I will.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] “Good.”[/FONT]

Kirino

Tatakae
Wow!Youre an amazing writer!Seriously,you could write a book on this with Nintendos permissio!Im really looking forward to the rest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom