• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Ninja

Well well well
The World Ends with You
Definitely sparked some interest for me, I'd have to wait and see more gameplay and reviews to justify a purchase.

Pokken DLC
So essentially two new characters and assistance Pokemon? Don't know if I'd be willing to pay $60 for Pokken and shell out more for the DLC, probably a pass.

Kirby Star Allies
I haven't played much Kirby games, however I loved him in SSB, and the trailer for this game has sold me on a day one purchase. It looks like a blast to play and sort of reminds me of SMO.

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
I've bought the game plus the season pass on the Wii U, it's definitely going to be difficult to buy this game at full retail AGAIN, however since I have never played Legends on the 3DS, I may buy this on day one.

Mario Tennis Aces
Looks incredibly fun and creative. The wifey and I need more games to play together and this definitely looks like a purchase after reading reviews and seeing more gameplay.

Mario Odyssey DLC
I need more Switch friends to make this something I'd be interested long term. :(

DKC Tropical Freeze
Never been a huge DK fan. The last games I enjoyed were Diddy Kong Racing and of course the beloved DK64. I'll wait for a price drop on this one.

Dark Souls
Meh. DS isn't my cup of tea. I would imagine Dark Souls on the go would be attractive.

Overall I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get any major announcements, but what can you expect from a "mini" direct? I'm happy we're getting a new Kirby game, a "definitive" Hyrule Warriors, and a potentially fun tennis game, at least. I'd like to see Peach in tennis shorts. :)

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I think Spirit summed up how most Nintendo fans feel about DS on the Switch quite accurately. However the sales might prove us wrong.
You and Spirit do not at all sum up "how most Nintendo fans feel". Not one bit. If you are looking for proof, just look on Twitter.

This is quite like saying that Doom or Skyrim wouldn't sell on the Switch..... Which they did. They all sold very well.

Because Switch didn't sell its console to just Nintendo fans. If that was the case, it would have sold as little as the Wii U. It sold it to gamers who have very little time on their hands, and want to take console games on the go. That's why those third parties are selling really, really well.

Now, Nintendo fans have an amazing deal to look forward to, and we did get a ton of stuff. However, the Switch has quite a bit of a broader audience of more gamers who like grittier experiences.

Reactions: Dan

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
There's not too much in it for me, but I mostly found the 5 or so days leading up to it very entertaining.

I'm definitely not complaining, though. There's not much more Nintendo could possibly do for me now after having my 3 favorite Nintendo franchises all in the first year (3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Splatoon). Smash Bros, Kirby, Yoshi, Rhythm Heaven, Pokémon, and Pikmin are all franchises I would prefer to wait a year or two on. I'm mostly crossing my fingers for a knock-out new IP and a continuing flow of interesting indie games.

The World Ends with You
Definitely sparked some interest for me, I'd have to wait and see more gameplay and reviews to justify a purchase.

Pokken DLC
So essentially two new characters and assistance Pokemon? Don't know if I'd be willing to pay $60 for Pokken and shell out more for the DLC, probably a pass.

Kirby Star Allies
I haven't played much Kirby games, however I loved him in SSB, and the trailer for this game has sold me on a day one purchase. It looks like a blast to play and sort of reminds me of SMO.

I've bought the game plus the season pass on the Wii U, it's definitely going to be difficult to buy this game at full retail AGAIN, however since I have never played Legends on the 3DS, I may buy this on day one.

Mario Tennis Aces
Looks incredibly fun and creative. The wifey and I need more games to play together and this definitely looks like a purchase after reading reviews and seeing more gameplay.

Mario Odyssey DLC
I need more Switch friends to make this something I'd be interested long term. :(

DKC Tropical Freeze
Never been a huge DK fan. The last games I enjoyed were Diddy Kong Racing and of course the beloved DK64. I'll wait for a price drop on this one.

Dark Souls
Meh. DS isn't my cup of tea. I would imagine Dark Souls on the go would be attractive.

Overall I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get any major announcements, but what can you expect from a "mini" direct? I'm happy we're getting a new Kirby game, a "definitive" Hyrule Warriors, and a potentially fun tennis game, at least. I'd like to see Peach in tennis shorts. :)

fa724736b36fc3a674e3af418439043e.png

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
To be completely honest, all this direct did for me is begin convincing me to sell my switch and just get a cheap Wii U instead so I can play most of the switch's library without falling for these ridiculous money traps. I never wanted Nintendo to sink to this level, but oh well. Disappointment is all that I felt after watching the direct. Felt like a complete waste of 15 minutes.

Reactions: Dan

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
So I watched the full thing now, and I have a few thoughts:

The World Ends with You
Nope. Not even going to try

Pokken DLC
I'll stick with Smash

Kirby Star Allies
Never played Kirby, and it doesn't look too interesting

I'll probably get this since I don't have HW yet

Mario Tennis Aces
Why would ANYONE want a Mario Tennis game?

Mario Odyssey DLC
Looks cool

DKC Tropical Freeze
Nope. Already own DKC Tropical Freeze.

Dark Souls
OH MY GOD I'M SHAKING I WANT IT SO BAD AND I HAVE NO IDEA WTF DARK SOULS EVEN IS ABOUT. That trailer did stuff to my soul

Posting some predictions so I can laugh at how wrong I am later...

3DS
- Detective Pikachu & Demo

Switch
- Pauline in Mario Tennis Aces
- Fire Emblem Switch
- Paid Mario Odyssey DLC
- Pokken DLC
- HWDE release date
- Yoshi title & release date
- Hollow Knight release date
- Wolfenstein 2 release date
- Tales of Berseria port

I also think a Tokyo Mirage Sessions port is likely for a one-two Fire Emblem punch. Not sure if it'd come out before or after FE Switch depending on release date. TMS could also come out nearer SMTV.

- No Smash
- No Metroid
- No Pokemon
- No Animal Crossing
- No Pikmin

Wishlist
- New F-Zero

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom