• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Most Fun Boss Fight Ever?

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I LOVE Phantom Ganon from OoT 3d. While I was fighting him in the Gaunlet, I discovered a new way to fight him: I stand up and spun around, trying to find Phantom Ganon with the gyro sensor. It was as if I was actually in the boss battle! Not to mention that I already loved Phantom Ganon's second stage.

Last edited:
G

ganonlink

Mine would be cragma from st. It was just fun to hit him with arrows and go really high in a cart

I always thought having a good sword fight with mini-bosses & Bosses, Like the darknights on some of the games. I had alot of fun Sword-fighting with Gandorf on Twilight Princess, especially since the Golden wolf taught a bunch of moves!

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
Mine would have to be Stallord from Twilight princess, because he was so fun to fight and it felt epic fighting him! And his second stage was really cool too!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Zant. Finally able to smash that looniness off his face was epic, even when I almost fell out of my chair, laughing his reactions. Still, had it been the final battle, without Ganondorf, it would be all the better. The possibilities would have been limitless with him as the ultimate boss.

Also, don't you think his ever-changing stage would be an epic inclusion for Brawl, or SSB4?

Last edited:

Zeldawolfsheik

Chief of Shiekah Tribe
Zant. Finally able to smash that looniness off his face was epic, even when I almost fell out of my chair, laughing his reactions. Still, had it been the final battle, without Ganondorf, it would be all the better. The possibilities would have been limitless with him as the ultimate boss.

Also, don't you think his ever-changing stage would be an epic inclusion for Brawl, or SSB4?

Zant agreed. Changing, and watching him wildly flail his arms. watching midna end him was ever so much fun

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Only by videos Ghiram looks like the best but I can't really pick him can I. I have got to say then Ganondorf from TP. Even though the end battle was just in a field there was so many ways to beat him, great music, great graphics, and just a great finish so ya that was my best. 2nd is Phantom Ganon because playing dead mans volley (Tennis with balls if magic) was just so much Fun and also the painting thing was cool too.

Djinn

and Tonic
I always thought having a good sword fight with mini-bosses & Bosses, Like the darknights on some of the games. I had alot of fun Sword-fighting with Gandorf on Twilight Princess, especially since the Golden wolf taught a bunch of moves!

I have the same opinion, I love a swordfight with a miniboss over fighting any of the giant monsters and exploiting their weaknesses. Mini bosses present more of a challenge to me since they often require some more tactics to fight and not just a same old attack weak point, then slash at head, repeat. This is why I thought the fight with Dark Link was more memorable than most of the bosses in OoT. I also like the fight with Darkhammer and the Aerialfos in TP more than almost all the regular bosses in the game. There is no weakness to really exploit, just getting near them and fighting them without getting hurt too much. The bosses in TP are much easier to avoid and I rarely get hurt as much when fighting them.

However I liked the fight with Ganondorf at the end of WW or TP for the exact same reason. It was a final confrontation between the two using swords and skill. There is no specific item related weakness or special hit this spot like a tail or tongue to exploit in the fight at all. I had to pay more attention to his moves and where he was when fighting them than in every other case.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
Hmm. I think for the most fun boss fight in the series, I'm going to have to go with Vaati from The Minish Cap - all three times. Dodging laser beams while trying to kill mini eyeballs and catch a guy teleporting all over, then when you have it down he throws you a curve and forces you to use the Gust Jar of all things, the item you get in the very first dungeon. That's not something you see very often. Then there's the second time where you dodge flying debris and attempting to figure out with four of the eight eyeballs around him you have to hit and proceed to reveal them with arrows. If that wasn't enough, you then have to split into the corresponding pattern and let loose on him until he falls back. Then as you're about to shout freedom and run through the door he pops up once more, with arms this time and forces you to disable them with a combination of the Cane of Pacci/Mole Mitts/Flame Lantern. Afterwards forcing you to split and reflect beams back at him with proper timing. All around a fun, albeit slightly difficult encounter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom