• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler The Moon, Majora, And The Kid....Huh?

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
The Moon.

Majora....

And the kid wearing Majoras Mask under the tree inside the moon.

I have 3 questions:

1. Was the moon summoned by the power of Majora?(Moon with a freaky face = not normal?)
2. Is Majora a kid?
3. What's up with the random kids and a tree inside the so-called "moon"?

Just call me Mr. Questions because they just keep on coming >.> lol

Valexi

Hylian Thief
1. I haven't played MM in a while, but if memory serves correct the moon is always like that with the weird face, but Skull Kid was just bringing it crashing down via Majora Mask
2. Possibly. A confusion that's often made is that Skull Kid is Majora, when they are two different people/entities. Skull Kid is the holder and host of Majora, and Majora is a demonic entity trapped inside the mask that Skull Kid stole. Not much is known about Majora itself, but judging by the kiddish behavior displayed in the final battle, I wouldn't doubt that Majora is a child....as far as demonic entities go, anyway.
3. Ah......a question pondered by many. I would answer this, but I don't really think it can be answered without crossing the "theories" territory.
Not much info is given on the kids inside the moon, so it's still up to speculation. Guess they just wanted to keep us guessing.
:p

Last edited:

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Yeah, Nintendo has a reputation for leaving the Zelda Games with huge gaps in the story lol. I should browse the theory section to see what others have said about Question 3.

Thanks for the reply :).

Majora's Cat

How about that
This are three rather simple questions, but I will provide extensive answers for them.

1. I'd first like to point out that Majora is only controlling the moon to crash it into Termina. The Moon wasn't necessarily created or summoned by Majora, but was instead taken control of. That does leave me a bit confused when it comes to the Moon's creepy face. What kind of moon has that kind of image? Perhaps its penetrating glare is a side effect from Majora tainting it and making it somewhat "evil". Either that or the Moon in Majora's Mask is naturally butt-ugly.

2. We do not have much clarification on whether Majora is just a child. This concept of Majora being a kid probably comes from who we think of when we imagine Majora in our heads - and that person we think of is the Skull Kid. We automatically think that Majora is indeed a child just because it possesses the body of a child. Although Majora does act rather childish, we must remember that it is only a spirit and maybe doesn't even have an age. That being said, Majora possesses a mask which possesses the Skull Kid. Majora doesn't take direct possession of the Skull Kid, but instead takes a form of a mask. I don't understand why Nintendo would do that, but perhaps it was to make the Skull Kid more menacing whenever you encountered it. So my answer is simply this: who knows? The evil spirit of Majora is perhaps the spirit of a playful child... or maybe not.

3. I actually talked about these little kids before... I believe that they are the reincarnations of Majora - perhaps little spirits created from figments of Majora's twisted imagination. I could easily compare the four masked children to Hakudoushi from Inuyasha. Hakudoushi is an incarnation of the story's main antagonist Naraku. I kind of see the moon children in a similar way. They have no purpose other than to play - much like Majora. Because of their playful behavior, I believe that they are just branches of Majora's imagination. Considering that the Moon is under Majora's control and can be warped in any way Majora wants, I can easily imagine that the moon children were just created to mess with Link's head.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Well, there are lots of theories about question 3:
The kids inside resemble the happy mask salesman. So a lot of people think that Majora has some relation to the Happy Mask salesman and that the salesman may be an descendant of the tribe he spoke of "the tribe that vanished..." yadda yadda. That's why he knew where to get Majora's Mask in the first place.

as for question 2:
I don't think you can classify Majora as a kid, but he/it/she/heshe does seem to have some child like tendencies, and one of those tendencies is playing. He seems to turn everything into a game, including, having all of the kids in the moon play hide and seek! Even in the final boss battle (if you've collected all the masks) Majora gives you a fighting chance by giving you the Fierce Deity's Mask

Peace Of Heart

Piece of Heart Collector
Majoras Cat, that is a superb explanation to question 3!

What you have said concerning the children does make a lot of sense to me. Recalling what they say when you find them hiding after you challenge them to a game hide-and-seek, they know nothing about morals and values such as friendship, love, difference between right and wrong, etc....because Majora only knows Chaos and destruction.

Thanks for your input TheGreen :) That Mask salesman being part of that tribe sounds interesting.

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
The Moon.

Majora....

And the kid wearing Majoras Mask under the tree inside the moon.

I have 3 questions:

1. Was the moon summoned by the power of Majora?(Moon with a freaky face = not normal?)
2. Is Majora a kid?
3. What's up with the random kids and a tree inside the so-called "moon"?

Just call me Mr. Questions because they just keep on coming >.> lol

ummmmmm lets see 1. NO the moon was normal
2. Yes and no majora is a beast but a insane beast that thinks hes a kid
3. You were in majoras dream world so anything could happin

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Let's see, I'll try to answer to your questions...

1. I do indeed think that the Moon has been summoned by the power of Majora, by a few logical and theorical reasons: first off, in the Moon, as you pointed out, we can see a big face. Second off, rarely does the Moon show itself before it is night, and I think it is impossible, if not almost impossible, to see a Moon appearing in daytime three days in a row. Then we also have the theorical part, by which the Moon is a creation of Majora, and the exterior part you mentioned shows some of Majora's crazyness.

2. Majora is a monster sealed in a mask, probably a very ancient monster, so i think it must have dozens, hundreds or even thousands of years. In this adventure, Majora Mask's takes the possesion of a kid, that is, Skull Kid.

3. The five kids playing around a big tree inside the Moon are not random, and there are a lot of theories trying to explain why the kids are in there, and many of them can be perfectly applied to these four kids. In my personal opinion, four of these kids, the ones with the masks of Odolwa, Goht, Gyorg and Twinmold represent the four giants which are friends of Skull Kid, and the child with the mask of Majora represents the Skull Kid, probably possesed by the mask, who, thinking link is a villain, gives him the Fierce Deity Mask so that Link represents a villain when fighting with Majora. I also think these kids might be related with the words 'moonchild' and 'lunatic'. Moonchilds and lunatics are people who think they are from another planets, considered as crazy, and these five kids might be moonchilds, lunatics, not only because they literally are moonchilds, but because they might have their minds as crazy as Majora's. The trees they are dancing around might also represent something, as trees are many tiems used to represent things as life. I'll end here so this post won't be as long as the personal theory I have.

I hope I pretty much satisfied you with my answers :) .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom