• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Metroid Topic

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I got the trilogy on Thursday along with the game guide. Even though I already own Corruption, I got it and think it's awesome. Now I wish I never bought Corruption in the first place. :(

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am not getting the Trilogy, as I already own all the three games, and I prefer the GCN controllers.
Maybe eventually, but definitely, not now.

As much as the younger generation are loving the Prime Series. The best Metroid game for me and MANY other people i have spoken to is Super Metroid on SNES....
just playing through that game again recently just brought a massive nostalgic feel which only a few games can do.........LoZ & ALTTP of course among others...haha

Of course, Super Metroid deserves a huge amount of respect. I found it to be much better and much more entertaining that ALttP. Super Metroid actually did establish a standard; a standard that wasn't met in the Prime series. This is the precise reason why I played Super Metroid and Metroid II before I played the Prime titles. I wanted to see the series' roots, and then compare it to the Prime titles. While ALttP did kind of establish a standard for the Zelda series, it's been surpassed many times by other titles in the same franchise, and doesn't seem as special today. Super Metroid avoids that entirely though.

Metroid; epicness. It is the greatest sci fi story ever. The music is overtaking Geno's Maze song in my head. Other M is looking phenomenal. Prime series beats Halo out of existance in the competition. I think Super Metroid is the best. The ending always brings a tear outta my eye. The moonwalk makes me wonder because she didn't have a childhood and neither did MJ who made the moonwalk.

I hope Other M is as good as super metroid.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
o.oo.oo.oo.oo.o I thought only zelda had a timeline! Well I do happen to have metroid prime (the first prime) and I think a demo disk of echoes came with it. Anywho I've had them for a really long time (practically since i got my gamecube) but I thought it was too hard and gave up on them. But recently I've tried to play them again and discovered that they were great and now I wish I had stuck to playing them.

I've finished the first Prime title. Amazing. While I didn't like it as much as Prime 3, this game was truly the only reason to buy a Game Cube back in the day. While other Nintendo top notch games were in their worst (Sunshine, Wind Waker) Metroid truly managed to stay in it's "Prime". The soundtrack was amazing, and all the extra artwork you can get in the Collector's Edition is amazing. The arm coming out of Metroid Prime's remains and Samus' face model would have to be my favorite of the galleries. Heck, you can even buy the Fushion Suit, which allows you to play all of Prime 1 while in the Fushion Suit.

Just got finished beating Dark Samus in Prime 2. Epicness right there. I'm not a huge fan of the two world system yet, but we'll see how that changes.

As long as Nintendo has Mario, Zelda, and Metroid, I'll never leave. Truly the best games ever.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Vergoagogo I'd just like to point out that the gamecube metroids were great but they weren't the only ones that were good/great. Yes Sunshine was a bit of a let down but ww was nowhere near a let down. It was better than many other zelda games and is probably the reason I'm even a zelda fan in the first place. But those are just opinions and really I'm not going to let this become a fight so just keep thinking what you think about ww, I'll keep thinking what I think about ww, and everyone is happy that way.

Vergoagogo I'd just like to point out that the gamecube metroids were great but they weren't the only ones that were good/great. Yes Sunshine was a bit of a let down but ww was nowhere near a let down. It was better than many other zelda games and is probably the reason I'm even a zelda fan in the first place. But those are just opinions and really I'm not going to let this become a fight so just keep thinking what you think about ww, I'll keep thinking what I think about ww, and everyone is happy that way.

You do understand that has nothing to do with this thread.......? Why even post this? Yeah, I strongly dislike WW, but it has nothing to do with this discussion...........

To be back on topic, the double world of Echoes just isn't clicking right now. It's kind of annoying more than anything, and after playing Prime one, the ammo limit is pretty.....weird.

Hey does anyone here think the entire Prime trilogy is good? Because I'm thinking of picking up a copy of the compilation disc for the Wii and I'm entirely new to the Prime series.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Hey does anyone here think the entire Prime trilogy is good? Because I'm thinking of picking up a copy of the compilation disc for the Wii and I'm entirely new to the Prime series.

I think you only need to look back through this thread to see your answer. In short though, the series as a whole is an amazing gaming experience, and to get 3 top-level titles in one package for the price of one of those games is outstanding. The Trilogy set is roughly 80 hours of gaming, and at $50, that's almost unheard of levels of quantity and quality for less than $1 an hour.

If you're not into adventure / puzzle games (and I don't mean Tetris, but rather things like the block-pushing puzzles or "how to open that lcoked door" puzzles in Zelda) then you probably won't enjoy the game quite as much as most do. it does have a lot of shooter-type elements to it, but it's not 100% mindless shooting. It's an odd hybrid of shooter, puzzler, platformer that's rare to see.

Regardless, even if you only play through one of the 3 games, it's still well worth the $50 in my opinion.

C

citanuzuki

hmmm I'm in the middle of playing Metroid Prime Hunters, (my only prime game :( ) and i was thinking of getting the Metroid Prime Trilogy.But i don't have 50 so I would have to buy the GC versions of 1 and 2 and Corruption on the Wii.But my question is,is the prime trilogy any harder with wii controls?or should i stick with getting the GC versions for a better experience.So should i save for Wii versions or get the old ones?

hmmm I'm in the middle of playing Metroid Prime Hunters, (my only prime game :( ) and i was thinking of getting the Metroid Prime Trilogy.But i don't have 50 so I would have to buy the GC versions of 1 and 2 and Corruption on the Wii.But my question is,is the prime trilogy any harder with wii controls?or should i stick with getting the GC versions for a better experience.So should i save for Wii versions or get the old ones?

Almost every single review I've read said that the Wii controls fair better than the Game Cube. I also hear people complaining about how horrible the Game Cube's pad is for FPSs, and I understand that. How someone could prefer it to Wii controls, I've no idea, seeing as the Wii delivers that kind of feeling you get from old school arcade shooters, only with the insane depth of the Prime titles.

BIG REQUEST. For those of you who have the Trilogy, you probably know that there are plenty of cool unlockables. But, you need these "friend tokens" to get them, which can only be obtained by registering a friend code from another console and getting them to send you one of said tokens.

Anyone willing to give theirs?

I think you only need to look back through this thread to see your answer. In short though, the series as a whole is an amazing gaming experience, and to get 3 top-level titles in one package for the price of one of those games is outstanding. The Trilogy set is roughly 80 hours of gaming, and at $50, that's almost unheard of levels of quantity and quality for less than $1 an hour.

If you're not into adventure / puzzle games (and I don't mean Tetris, but rather things like the block-pushing puzzles or "how to open that lcoked door" puzzles in Zelda) then you probably won't enjoy the game quite as much as most do. it does have a lot of shooter-type elements to it, but it's not 100% mindless shooting. It's an odd hybrid of shooter, puzzler, platformer that's rare to see.

Regardless, even if you only play through one of the 3 games, it's still well worth the $50 in my opinion.

I should really learn to get off my lazy bum and read one of these days.

Anyway, if you say it's 80 hours of gameplay for anyone else, then for me its...

frustration + 1 hour

abhorrent ignorance of obvious solutions to puzzles + 1

1-2 sections that take 2 months to get by + 3

haven't played games as difficult as Contra yet + 2

I get 87. Wooh.

So back on topic, I'm happy there's more third person gaming with the morph ball puzzles I heard so much about. Is the morph ball controlled easily or does it tend to roll away when idle?

Lastly, would you recommend the handhelds over the Prime series to a person who isn't very good at games?

EDIT: I just noticed something in the title of Other M. If you reverse the placemet of "Other" and "M" and take out a space, you get "Metroid MOther" and the abbreviation of the full title is MOM. Coincidence? I think not. This has to have something to do with the Metroid hatchling from "Metroid II" that mistook Samus for it's parent and was killed in Super Metroid. Also, am I the only one who pronounces Zebes, "Zay-base"?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom