• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit of a Hero

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
IMPORTANT CONTEXT -

This was a project I started WAAAAY back when I was in Middle School.
I had just finished playing Skyward Sword and finally got my hands on a copy of Hyrule Historia. I was surprised to find a small Manga written & illustrated by the duo known as Akira Himekawa. Funnily enough, even though the Manga was titled as the Skyward Sword Manga, it focused almost entirely on a previously unknown incarnation of Link that only has been seen in that Manga.

I was pretty much disappointed to find out that the story within was declared non-canon by Nintendo, as I was hoping for a Zelda title to showcase how Link's soul became ever-reincarnating and the origins of Skyloft. It would have been interesting to see a pre-Hyrule rendition of, well, Hyrule. To visit places with familiar topography when compared to Skyward Sword's surface regions, but greatly expanded as the entire game would take place on the surface.

Instead we got no new game and this incarnation was pretty much dismissed by Nintendo.
Out of spite, young me had written a plot summary where I picked up on the context of both Skyward Sword and the brief story of this Manga and was able to form a pretty descent narrative to tell the tale of Link's first incarnation prior to his reincarnation cycle.

Skyward Sword explained the origin of the Master Sword and the cycle of ever recurring evil that plagued Hyrule.
I was going to explain how Link's soul became bound to time itself and the origins of Demise himself... and tie it in with ANOTHER fanfiction story I was planning to tell.

The Legend of Zelda : Spirit of a Hero.
The start of it all.
Basically, where Akira Himekawa makes Mangas where the story deviates slightly from the source material - I will instead be greatly expanding from the source material they have provided so that we get a full and satisfying story to the origins of Link's eternal soul.

And recently, as I have been playing through Skyward Sword HD, those long quiet thoughts began to sing in my head once more.
It actually stirred up my memory enough that I was able to remember my old school Gmail account password and dig through that old drive to find my notes.
I had quite a few notes actually and I am proud to announce that I am refurbishing all my old Zelda game drafts as the current state of the timeline still makes them work in where they are placed!

I will keep you updated here for LoZ: SoaH content.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I just realized how difficult the World Building is going to be. I will have to really go over Skyward Sword's regions of Faron, Eldin, and Lanayru and work off of the facts and details we have within PLUS going over how the many races interacted with one another and how their regions are governed. Needless to say, this is going to be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom