• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The game's offical name has been announced, but this raises further questions. What could this mean?

Shigeru mentioned that if you hold your sword upwards, you are gaining power from the heavens.

This means that Link has some connection to the Goddesses in this game. A stronger connection than in previous games.
Discuss your theories on this.

My personal theory: The girl in the concept art is a messenger sent from the gods to assist Link in his quest.

Abiding by popular rumors: She may also be able to turn into a sacred sword that will also aid Link

No Plot details have been announced as of yet, so it's all up for speculation. Nintendo have also announced that the game will NOT be released this year. It will be released next year, possibly during the summer or early months like January or February.

Last edited:

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
My theory:

The girl in the art was the spirit of the Master Sword, that the gods/goddesses created the Master Sword and she was a spirit inputted into the Master Sword as a punishment for releasing evil onto Hyrule, so she has to help Link defeat the evil she released. I'm so creative:P

Last edited:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ah, I love speculation.

I think Arky's theory is on of the best at the moment, the MBF being sent down by the Goddesses/Gods to help Link in his quest and essentially directly gaining power from them when he raises his sword into the air.

That's the only conclusion I can draw anyways.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
My god that was beautiful! WW graphics+ TP graphics = win. I'm guessing this game chronologically takes place some time after Spirit Tracks or around the time of the original LoZ and deals with how the Master Sword was moved to New Hyrule/ reforged.

I wish they had revealed more about the story and showed the villain though =/
Classic Blue Ganon would look awesome in this game, I'm betting its him =D

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
I was very disappointed seeing the cel-shaded graphics. I was hoping for another epic adventure featuring almost the same model as TP-Link. I don't think I'll be able to enjoy this as much as I enjoyed TP.

A

Anubis208

In listening to their post-annoncement vids on e3.nintendo.com , i heard them mention that it will have a smaller, but much denser (as in, more stuff to do) world. They also said the the story revolves around the sword and something about "remembering which item was in which pocket," which i would take to mean there are indeed more than 8 items or so....hopefully.....

I was kinda hoping for better (more realistic) than tp graphics, but brighter game world to balance it, but I the guys at nintendo seem proud of it, and zelda is their masterpeice venture, so I'll jsut trust em that it'll still be awesome.

My god that was beautiful! WW graphics+ TP graphics = win. I'm guessing this game chronologically takes place some time after Spirit Tracks or around the time of the original LoZ and deals with how the Master Sword was moved to New Hyrule/ reforged.

I don't think that this game takes place in TWW timeline, because of the rumours of being even before than OoT, so it is unlikely that the game will take place in New Hyrule, also the sword Link had was not the Master Sword (obviously) and I highly doubt it will appear in SS (Skyward Sword)

R

Rarulla6

In listening to their post-annoncement vids on e3.nintendo.com , i heard them mention that it will have a smaller, but much denser (as in, more stuff to do) world. They also said the the story revolves around the sword and something about "remembering which item was in which pocket," which i would take to mean there are indeed more than 8 items or so....hopefully.....

I was kinda hoping for better (more realistic) than tp graphics, but brighter game world to balance it, but I the guys at nintendo seem proud of it, and zelda is their masterpeice venture, so I'll jsut trust em that it'll still be awesome.

I hope that isn't true. A bigger, beautiful, and more varying world is what I have been anticipating for a long time now and I'll be really disappointed if they replace that with a heap of sidequests.

A

Architect1

I was expecting more lifelike graphics, but I have no problem with the cel-shading. As for the original question, I think that raising the sword to the heavens to get pwer from the goddesses is probably true. However, I also think that the sword will be destroyed in the end of the game, along with the sword girl who remains nameless. The Master Sword is make to honor that girl. Chronologically, I think this comes very early on, obviously before any game containing the master sword. From what Miyamoto was saying, I got teh opinion that it was possibly the 1st game.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Guys, if you saw the promo, Link was right-handed in every shot. I'm hoping that they have a feature to choose righty or lefty, or else i'm out of luck. Again.

Jesper

I am baaacccckkkk
Even though the game is Cel-shaded, I will probably still enjoy it. Would've enjoyed more if it actually was realistic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom