• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Legend of Zelda Movie?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Would you like to see a Legend of Zelda Movie?
Now, I'm not sure if there is another thread like this, and if so feel free to delete it if you wish.
Also, what games would you want to be made into movies?

For me, I wouldn't start with skyward sword. Even though thats how it is, I thought of sort of a star wars thing, having a prequel come afterwards. Also, I wouldnt do the Toon link movies until AFTER the rest, like star wars (The Clone Wars Animated film anyone?)

So, I would probably start with The original legend of Zelda, because you HAVE to start of with the original. Then I'd go with ALTTP, then Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Twilight Princess, and THEN Skyward Sword.

So what would you do?

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
Maybe, if somebody could pull it off, I would go see it

Problem is, most Video Game - Movie adaptations suck (and vice-versa)

Would Link speak at all during the movie?

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I've thought about a Zelda movie series. In theory, it could work. It all depends on a good script, casting and good production values. I'd start it with Ocarina of Time. If you took your time and told the story properly, OoT itself can be split into a trilogy.

Zelda: Temple of Time- (Beginning to Link after meeting Sheik)
Zelda 2: Ocarina of Time- (The Forest Temple to Entering the Shadow Temple
Zelda 3: Hero of Time- (Shadow Temple to the End)

Also, if it goes well, I'd cast the same child actor that played young Link a couple years later (along with a whole bunch of the same extras from the original trilogy) and give Majora's Mask a one long, 3 hour movie go. The direction would different, much more like an high-class Oscar nominated film, rather than a summer blockbuster like OoT can be.

I think Wind Waker may end up being a good movie. It has a good blend of likable reoccurring characters, exploration, continuity, and an awesomely climactic ending. Provided they keep Link as a silent protagonist.

That being said, if I were to see a preview for a Zelda movie, I'd most likely be wincing the entire time.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
You see I'd love it now. But we all remember what happened last time Nintendo let one of their games become a movie right? Super Mario bros. it was a fail to make that a movie.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
I am assuming you have all seen it, but since it hasn't been mentioned here I'll link to it.

Legend of Zelda (April Fools' Day) Movie Trailer Premiere - YouTube

This was an April Fools Joke, and honestly when it first came out everyone was duped, including me. All I can say is that the initial amount of rage was staggering. Since the hoax was revealed, the idea has slowly gained the support of a vocal minority. I personally do think it should happen, but not like this trailer. The rage I felt when I first saw this was like almost nothing in my life before (1st world problems.)

And if it does happen, I am going to make it. Period. And I will do all of you proud, I promise. Atleast i'll try.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would like to see one, but I know some movie company would really ruin it, so only if it was a fan made film do I think it would be any good.

I would like Eiji to produce this movie. This way we could have a proper movie version of the game and have it set somewhere in the timeline but with a proper storyline that would be recognizable with movie audiences. Like you know, Hyrule is in danger and all that stuff. A good 1hr 40min movie could cover a lot of ground so that it would be acceptable. The problem would be finding a good director who can look at the source material and find a way to bring it to the big screen.
A lot of my friends say, "Oh! An Ocarina of Time movie would be amazing!" I disagree. We would be going into the cinema to see something we've already seen, which is why I kind of support some video game adaptations.
So, a Zelda movie with it's own entry into the whole Legend would be sweet, something new but something we can go in and watch, come out and say, "That was a Zelda movie."

Fig

The Altruist
I like the idea of a Zelda movie, but I prefer to keep the series in the video game industry. It's not that I don't want it, I just don't think they won't be able to pull it off. First of all, making a movie based off a video game that the protagonist doesn't even talk is hard to create, because a movie is always about the protagonist. Thus they would have to adjust the entire script for the hero. Then there is the fact of the setting design and costs for it. Some things are better just to keep them the same they are right now. Now if they are making an animated movie for Zelda like a Pokemon movie, then I can see it happening.

I like the idea of a Zelda movie, but I prefer to keep the series in the video game industry. It's not that I don't want it, I just don't think they won't be able to pull it off. First of all, making a movie based off a video game that the protagonist doesn't even talk is hard to create, because a movie is always about the protagonist. Thus they would have to adjust the entire script for the hero. Then there is the fact of the setting design and costs for it. Some things are better just to keep them the same they are right now. Now if they are making an animated movie for Zelda like a Pokemon movie, then I can see it happening.
As long as it isn't an anime, I think an anime version of Zelda would probably kill the series more so than a live-action movie would. Then again, as long as it doesn't have the obvious anime cliches and a really good script with amazing voice actors, then it would succeed.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
There was a movie actually called the Hero of Time. But it was taken down for who knows what. I would love to see a movie though. Not an animated one though. Maybe one on Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom